These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #81
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrobl View Post
Best Buy exclusive being released on DVD on Tuesday. This will be worth a buy!

Disc #1 -- WWE: Best of WCW Clash of the Champions - Disc 1
3. The Real Story [2:24]
4. NWA World Heavyweight Chapmionship Match Ric Flair Vs. Sting Clash of the Chapmtions March 27, 1988 [51:02]
5. NWa World Tag Team Championship Match Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard Vs. Lex Luger & Barry Windham Clash of the Championships March 27, 1988 [12:21]
6. Why What a Whole Year? [:50]
7. NWa World Tag Team Championship Match Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard Vs. Sting & Dusty Rhodes Clash of the Champions II June 8, 1988 [15:04]
8. Russian Chain Match Ricky Morton Vs. Ivan Koloff Clash of the Champions III September 7, 1988 [13:12]
9. "I Quit" Match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship Ric Flair Vs. Terry Funk Clash of the Champions IX November 15, 1989 [24:56]
10. Mil Máscaras Vs. Cactus Jack Manson Clash of the Champions X February 6, 1990 [6:56]
11. NWa World Tag Team Championship Match Midnight Express Vs. Rock & Roll Express Clash of the Champions XI June 13, 1990 [13:18]
Disc #2 -- WWE: Best of WCW Clash of the Champions - Disc 2
2. To Be the Man, You Gotta Beat the Man [1:04]
3. NWA United States Championship Match Ric Flair Vs. Lex Luger Clash of the Championships XII September 5, 1990 [18:20]
4. The Young Pistols & Z-Man Vs. the Fabulous Freebirds Clash of the Champions XVI September 5, 1991 [7:29]
5. 15- Man Battle Royal Clash of the Champions XVI September 5, 1991 [10:19]
6. WCW United States Championship Match Sting Vs. Rick Rude Clash of the Champions XVII November 19, 1991 [8:11]
7. Other Stars on the Rise [:39]
8. 2 Out of 3 Falls Match Ric Flair & Arn Anderson Vs. The Hollywood Blonds Clash of the Champions XVIII June 17, 1993 [23:44]
9. Brian Pillman Vs. "Stunning" Steve Austin Clash of the Champions XXV November 10, 1993 [10:05]
10. WCW Television Title Match Lord Steven Regal Vs. Dustin Rhodes Clash of the Champions XXVI January 27, 1994 [15:46]
11. Elimination Tag Team Match Sting & Ric Flair Vs. Rick Rude & Vader Clash of the Champions XXVI January 27, 1994 [21:47]
Disc #3 -- WWE: Best of WCW Clash of the Champions - Disc 3
2. Here We Are Again [:48]
3. Championship Unification Match Sting Vs. Ric Flair Clash of the Champions XXVII June 23, 1994 [23:36]
4. WCW United States Championship Match "Stunning" Steve Austin Vs. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat Clash of the Champions XXVIII August 24, 1994 [19:33]
5. Hulk Hogan & Randy "Macho Man" Savage Vs. Ric Flair & The Giant Clash of the Champions XXXII January 23, 1996 [10:55]
6. Madusa Vs. Bull Nakano Clash of the Champions XXXIII August 15, 1996 [4:42]
7. Match for the Battlebowl Ring Diamond Dallas Page Vs. Eddie Guerrero Clash of the Champions XXXIII August 15, 1996 [7:28]
8. I'm Gonna Watch This [1:00]
9. WCW World Tag Team Championship Triple Threat Match Harlem Heat Vs. The Steiner Brothers Vs. Sting & Lex Luger Clash of the Champions XXXIII August 15, 1996 [14:19]
10. WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match Ultimo Dragon Vs. Dean Malenko Clash of the Champions XXXIV January 21, 1997 [14:56]
11. WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match Chris Jericho Vs. Eddie Guerrero Clash of the Champions XXXV August 21, 1997 [9:30]
12. Diamond Dallas Page & Lex Luger Vs. Scott Hall & Randy "Macho Man" Savage Clash of the Champions XXXV August 21, 1997 [22:53]
13. 35th and Final Clash [1:02]
this looks like a gem
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:27 AM   #82
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

so, favorite old-school 'rassler? GO!

handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #83
mja271

I loved Stone Cold growing up. Was never a huge Hitman fan, but I started watching a lot in like early '98, so he ha already left WWF and I never saw a ton of him save for older videos. I did love his matches with HBK though
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:48 AM   #84
ThememanXX

Bret's early matches with Mr. Perfect were fantastic, and later with Shawn Michaels (late 92 into 93). The 1993 King of the Ring was also great (Razor, Perfect and Bam Bam saw three totally different kinds of matches). Go back and watch some of that stuff. Excellent 'rasslin.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #85
TheSniper26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Bret's early matches with Mr. Perfect were fantastic, and later with Shawn Michaels (late 92 into 93). The 1993 King of the Ring was also great (Razor, Perfect and Bam Bam saw three totally different kinds of matches). Go back and watch some of that stuff. Excellent 'rasslin.

Bret was pretty much flawless in the ring. One of the few guys that could get over with just his wrestling ability alone. But for me, my favorite will always be Mr. Perfect. He was the complete package. It's a shame they never put the belt on him.
TheSniper26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #86
ThememanXX

He had some serious heel heat with the Brain and his IC title run, but I'm pretty sure injuries around 1991-1992 killed his chance as a major player, and by the time '93 rolled around, Bret was already in charge and they were pushing Yokozuna and later, HBK and Diesel to the moon. He never had a chance to recover.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #87
TheSniper26

Yeah the back injury really set him back. He was apparently in pretty bad shape during that Summerslam '91 match with Hart. Just shows the kind of talent the guy had because it was still a classic(though I liked the KOTR 93 match better).
Old 10-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #88
ThememanXX

Yeah, Wikipedia says he didn't wrestle for about 4 months before that match, but came back to drop the belt. Also, I never realized he died of a cocaine OD, I always just assumed a straight up heart attack.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:46 AM   #89
TheSniper26

Yeah, the drug use back in the 80s/90s was just crazy. Especially when you couple it with the painkillers, roids and booze. As sad as it is that so many of these guys have died young, I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been more. Guys like Piper, Scott Hall, Snuka and Jake Roberts were some of the worst offenders and have somehow survived.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #90
ThememanXX

I'd hardly consider the current state of Scott Hall and Jake Roberts as "surviving"....those two might as well be dead.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #91
jmur
i dig crazy chicks

I totally plan on getting in on this when I get home

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2
I'd assume Lawlor would bang the shit out of her, play a little air guitar as he finishes, eat the last of her sour cream and onion chips, piss in her hamper, then bounce. But that's not necessarily what you should do.
jmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #92
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
I'd hardly consider the current state of Scott Hall and Jake Roberts as "surviving"....those two might as well be dead.
It's amazing how these two are still kicking. Even if they clean up, their hearts can't keep up forever.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #93
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

For anyone interested in picking up WWE 13 (which is bringing back all of the attitude era wrestlers back), wwe.com is still selling the Austin 3:16 special edition:

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 11-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #94
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

I always loved Bret Hart when I was a kid. Until he started feuding with Stone Cold when i was in middle school
Old 11-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #95
celluloid hero

WWE '13 is pretty awesome. Attitude Era is as much fun as I've had with a WWE game since Here Comes the Pain.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #96
celluloid hero

For the record, Tyson still fast counts HBK at Mania XIV.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #97
jmur
i dig crazy chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
For the record, Tyson still fast counts HBK at Mania XIV.
hahah yessss
I'd assume Lawlor would bang the shit out of her, play a little air guitar as he finishes, eat the last of her sour cream and onion chips, piss in her hamper, then bounce. But that's not necessarily what you should do.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #98
jmur
i dig crazy chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
For anyone interested in picking up WWE 13 (which is bringing back all of the attitude era wrestlers back), wwe.com is still selling the Austin 3:16 special edition:

[Only registered users can see links.]
its so expensive. cant see dropping the extra dough for that. the cover is pretty sick though
Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #99
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmur View Post
hahah yessss
The key is that for the old matches, they still use the original audio, so they sync the video up. Highlight of the game for me was the RAW MSG 1997 match that was supposed to be Dude Love vs. HHH and it leads to the debut of Cactus Jack in a Falls Count Anywhere match. They have the whole Titantron thing with Dude, Mankind and Cactus in video game form with the original audio. Complete with HHH's great reactions.

There's a #1 contender's match from RAW in June 1998 between Taker and Kane for the title shot at King of the Ring that had Austin and McMahon both on commentary sniping at each other the whole match, it's in the game's commentary and they are both at ringside with JR and King.

Mike Tyson prowls outside the ring at Mania XIV.

Every graphic, belt, arena is true to the era. When they change the "WWE Championship Match" logo for real, is where it's changed in the game.

Honestly, if you were a fan in the Attitude Era, I can't recommend it more.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #100
celluloid hero

also, btw, "The Attitude Era" blu ray comes out the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. No match listing or details until Linda's election on Tuesday so they can't use it against her. No blurring of the scratch logo because they paid off the World Wildlife Foundation.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc