These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2017, 10:20 AM   #18921
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 11,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
Not a fan of banning but it's your forum. I would say if you're gonna ban someone for personal appearance attacks, be consistent. Pretty sure I just saw some of that over in the politics thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
If it were an isolated incident, I'd agree, but as the culmination of his buffoonery, I have no problem with it.
Yeah, "personal appearance attacks", per se, aren't necessarily getting anyone banned. We all know this place is not that sensitive. There was a lot more involved in this instance.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:29 AM   #18922
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle
 
roshea999's Avatar
 
Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 8,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
A little tribute to Wesley Willis.
There's a name I haven't heard in a while. What an interesting guy.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #18923
crazycreep
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Macedonia, OH
Posts: 224
[Only registered users can see links.]

Saw this on ebay....its a foil variant of a tour poster (the person wants 2500 lmao) anyway my question was does anyone know how you get these? Are they sold at the show?
__________________
"Could you call me taxi, call me a whore, I don't care anymore" -DM
crazycreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:45 PM   #18924
zaphod!
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: montreal
Posts: 20,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycreep View Post
[Only registered users can see links.]

Saw this on ebay....its a foil variant of a tour poster (the person wants 2500 lmao) anyway my question was does anyone know how you get these? Are they sold at the show?
they're sold at the show. they're about $50 i think? they're numbered prints and they usually sell out pretty quickly.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #18925
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 14,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Yeah, "personal appearance attacks", per se, aren't necessarily getting anyone banned. We all know this place is not that sensitive. There was a lot more involved in this instance.
Wait, were there PMs? Please tell me there were PMs
__________________

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:33 PM   #18926
JWood
 
JWood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 23,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Yeah, "personal appearance attacks", per se, aren't necessarily getting anyone banned. We all know this place is not that sensitive. There was a lot more involved in this instance.
Good riddance. I had to give him the ol' TDCya out of the TDC Fantasy Football league due to his behavior one or two seasons ago.
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #18927
DIDO36
 
DIDO36's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 548
I haven't been here long, but that's probably the most ridiculous I have ever seen someone act on this site.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:47 AM   #18928
tuponlol
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: LI for now
Posts: 431
Is dreamingtree.org still the go to for show recordings? Apparently my account expired there, still waiting on getting a new one.
__________________
-Dave
tuponlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #18929
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,307
I just back read the past several pages or so, what the fuck was that all about?!
__________________
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #18930
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuponlol View Post
Is dreamingtree.org still the go to for show recordings? Apparently my account expired there, still waiting on getting a new one.
Yup.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #18931
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,630
Still slowly going through 2014. On 7/4. Holy shit, the Ladies turd up Drunken Soldier. But the audience loves it.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:00 PM   #18932
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle
 
roshea999's Avatar
 
Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 8,485
I was at that show. One of the most underwhelming, lame ass nights I have had at a DMB show.

I was pissed off going in that it wasn't at Alpine and I left pretty disillusioned by the boys.

I thought that So Right was pretty fun. Meh.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:12 PM   #18933
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 9,629
True story: I was in the lounge when the lovely ladies came back at Mansfield. A girl in the lounge (she claimed to be a relative of Fonz or something) showed me a setlist and next to a bunch of the songs later in the show were the initials "LL." We quickly deduced it had to be the lovely ladies.

When I head them walk on stage I continued to drink in the lounge.

I think that was my last show at Mansfield.
__________________
Yeedog referred me.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:09 PM   #18934
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
True story: I was in the lounge when the lovely ladies came back at Mansfield. A girl in the lounge (she claimed to be a relative of Fonz or something) showed me a setlist and next to a bunch of the songs later in the show were the initials "LL." We quickly deduced it had to be the lovely ladies.

When I head them walk on stage I continued to drink in the lounge.

I think that was my last show at Mansfield.
Haha. I was in there too that night. Place was a shitshow that night. Lit a joint in the VIP because the lines were too long at the bar. Missed the beginning of granny and wasn't too happy about that. Not sure the VIP is worth it at all basically just a grassy area behind a white fence.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Hey! This has already been addressed here by others. No dancing! You will sit quietly in your seat throughout the performance!
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:29 AM   #18935
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 20,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
Haha. I was in there too that night. Place was a shitshow that night. Lit a joint in the VIP because the lines were too long at the bar. Missed the beginning of granny and wasn't too happy about that. Not sure the VIP is worth it at all basically just a grassy area behind a white fence.
J-bles was in the band's lounge back stage. Probably not an issue with lines for old Osh-Kosh-By-Josh.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:40 AM   #18936
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,702
Oh dam. feels like ive been livin' on real poor people shit.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Hey! This has already been addressed here by others. No dancing! You will sit quietly in your seat throughout the performance!
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:52 AM   #18937
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 12,992
Today marks 20 years since my favorite show of all time. Killer set and performance, Bela on LIOG, Seek Up, Two Step, #41, Ants and Billies, first Jeff guest spot, first full-band Leave Me Praying, and a killer DIDO closer. Oh, and Bela's solo on LIOG is the best thing he ever played with DMB.

[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 10:59 AM   #18938
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 11,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Today marks 20 years since my favorite show of all time. Killer set and performance, Bela on LIOG, Seek Up, Two Step, #41, Ants and Billies, first Jeff guest spot, first full-band Leave Me Praying, and a killer DIDO closer. Oh, and Bela's solo on LIOG is the best thing he ever played with DMB.

[Only registered users can see links.]
I was at 6/10. Also excellent. Man, that was a quick 20 years.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:16 AM   #18939
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 12,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I was at 6/10. Also excellent. Man, that was a quick 20 years.
I would kill to have seen them on that tour.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:33 AM   #18940
raven
 
raven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Newtown, CT
Posts: 9,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Today marks 20 years since my favorite show of all time. Killer set and performance, Bela on LIOG, Seek Up, Two Step, #41, Ants and Billies, first Jeff guest spot, first full-band Leave Me Praying, and a killer DIDO closer. Oh, and Bela's solo on LIOG is the best thing he ever played with DMB.

[Only registered users can see links.]
was just about to post this.. this was my first show
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.16022 seconds with 32 queries