These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > Suggestions
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2006, 04:29 AM   #1
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Forum lock

Hey, I think it'd be a good idea to keep these forums locked down like at ufck so ants can't come over here and droves and exhaust our http downloads.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:40 PM   #2
thestand
Stay Positive

I think we should keep it locked, but have an invite system, which is monitored. If whoever you invite gets banned for being stupid, you get the same.

The only reason I bring the idea up is I've got some friends (currently on ants) that never made the jump to ufck because they didn't like the attitude there, but they like what they see here, and want to join.

I completely understand and agree a good 85% of Ants don't know what they're doing, and I wouldn't want them ruining my new home forum (which TDC definitely is now), but there are some good people out there that didn't get on ufck.
thestand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:48 PM   #3
dmbowns

oh sweet, let's get more ants over here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cufield
that leather wearing homo introduced his brother to this place at the tender age of 15? that's child abuse.
dmbowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
thestand
Stay Positive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbowns View Post
oh sweet, let's get more ants over here!
I'm sorry that you actually believe that every current ant isn't worthy of being on a board that you're on, but there are actually a handful of good people on there.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:19 PM   #5
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestand View Post

The only reason I bring the idea up is I've got some friends (currently on ants) that never made the jump to ufck because they didn't like the attitude there, but they like what they see here, and want to join.
you basically have all the same people posting here.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:23 PM   #6
thestand
Stay Positive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
you basically have all the same people posting here.
I understand that, and it's not me that thinks it's any different. All I know is this person wasn't on ufck, but likes the idea of this board, and how it's been run in the past 48 hours. It's really not a big deal, and I'm for keeping registration locked overall, but I think a well-monitored invite system could work.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:25 PM   #7
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestand View Post
I understand that, and it's not me that thinks it's any different. All I know is this person wasn't on ufck, but likes the idea of this board, and how it's been run in the past 48 hours. It's really not a big deal, and I'm for keeping registration locked overall, but I think a well-monitored invite system could work.
I'm just saying I don't see how it has been run any different since it has been up. I don't say that to take anything away from the people running it either. Seems the same thus far...still, this is a trivial point to argue.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #8
dsera
Resident Bitch

Mersh, you're right. We are trying to keep the same thing going as ufck had, just minus the title trolls that liked to stir up the DMBc area for fun. Other than that, these are the same posters. Sure it might seem more friendly now but that's only because it's all fresh and new. Give it a few weeks and you'll swear ufck just changed their board colors.

Registration is closed for now and there will be NO invite system in place. Guests are free to read the forums.

dsera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:34 PM   #9
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsera View Post
Registration is closed for now and there will be NO invite system in place. Guests are free to read the forums.
Ah, I just found out that you're an admin. That's cool. Anyways, it sounds like you want the forum to be open for guests. I can respect that; although, I disagree for the reasons stated above.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:44 PM   #10
dsera
Resident Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Ah, I just found out that you're an admin. That's cool. Anyways, it sounds like you want the forum to be open for guests. I can respect that; although, I disagree for the reasons stated above.
You disagree because once or twice in the past some moron has taken our links and posted them on ants? That's hardly a reason to become some private underground board.

dsera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:50 PM   #11
seekup19
DMBML Crack Monkey

cheers cristina, this is a nice board. i hope it continues the ufck vibe minus trolls.
seekup19 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > Suggestions