These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #101
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #102
malachite00
 
malachite00's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
spoilered for inmytree, you can read it after the first episode

Spoiler:
Landry Is A Murderer jokes will never get old
I think that could have been an interesting storyline if they hadn't made it so ridiculously soap-opera-ish. The shark dna in Mexico stuff was just silly though, and totally out of character for what seemed like a level-headed guy.

Wasn't the second season cut short because of the writer's strike? Probably the best thing that could have happened to them. But I was so confused when the third season started, and nobody ever mentioned Santiago again.
__________________
Too much of a good thing, maybe not so sweet....
malachite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #103
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
yeah that's why the finale didn't really feel like one. and it allowed for a fresh start with season 3.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #104
inmytree
Hey Gee.
 
inmytree's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,115
That being said, starting the season with the birth of Coach's kid set to "Muzzle of Bees" was a stroke of genius.
inmytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #105
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmytree View Post
That being said, starting the season with the birth of Coach's kid set to "Muzzle of Bees" was a stroke of genius.
there's lots of great moments throughout, they're just surrounded by batshit.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #106
inmytree
Hey Gee.
 
inmytree's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by malachite00 View Post
I think that could have been an interesting storyline if they hadn't made it so ridiculously soap-opera-ish. The shark dna in Mexico stuff was just silly though, and totally out of character for what seemed like a level-headed guy.

Wasn't the second season cut short because of the writer's strike? Probably the best thing that could have happened to them. But I was so confused when the third season started, and nobody ever mentioned Santiago again.
I was more okay with this than I thought I'd be, considering no one's actually treating it as a viable option besides Street, and he's not in his right mind about it anyway.

I really hope they don't fuck up Landry's character beyond repair, cause the actor is really, really great, and his relationship with Tyra is maybe my favorite on the show, besides the Coach and Tami.
inmytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #107
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmytree View Post
I was more okay with this than I thought I'd be, considering no one's actually treating it as a viable option besides Street, and he's not in his right mind about it anyway.

I really hope they don't fuck up Landry's character beyond repair, cause the actor is really, really great, and his relationship with Tyra is maybe my favorite on the show, besides the Coach and Tami.
well the shark thing was just a ridiculous thing to introduce into the world this show has presented. the fact that i'm supposed to believe there's some shady doc down in tijuana injecting shark DNA into paraplegics is just hilariously absurd. not as ridiculous as landry snuffing out a motherfucker and dumping him in the river, but still...

as for landry's character beyond repair, you have nothing to worry about. sorry if this spoils anything for you, but they really do completely ignore all the shitty storylines that happened in season 2 after it's over and in some cases basically act like they never happened.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #108
inmytree
Hey Gee.
 
inmytree's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,115
The last ten minutes of "Leave No One Behind" (where Coach tries to sober up Saracen and Smash psyches the team up after his suspension) is some of the best television I've ever seen.
inmytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #109
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
is that where coach shoves matt into the bathtub? definitely some man tears there.

i'd feel comfortable saying this show has the best acting out of any television show. ever.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #110
inmytree
Hey Gee.
 
inmytree's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,115
That's the one. The kid that plays Saracen is unbelievable.

It's a great example of good filmmaking, too. This shot, just the way it's done, breaks your heart when you see it;

inmytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #111
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
totally. fuck i loved Smash.

told ya Season 2 was worth powering through.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:13 AM   #112
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
i do think Coach is ignorant to what an awesome time drinking with Riggins must be.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #113
inmytree
Hey Gee.
 
inmytree's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmytree View Post
The last ten minutes of "Leave No One Behind" (where Coach tries to sober up Saracen and Smash psyches the team up after his suspension) is some of the best television I've ever seen.

...and this just got overtaken by pretty much every time Saracen shows up onscreen in "The Son", with his dad's funeral. That has to be up there with the finest hours on TV.
inmytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #114
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
damn dude, you're flying through it. one of my favorite episodes. i don't know how the dude that plays Saracen isn't getting more work
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #115
inmytree
Hey Gee.
 
inmytree's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,115
Yeah, I don't watch much TV, but I find something I like I watch that pretty exclusively till it's either done or I get sick of it.

I saw someone with a Crucifictorious t-shirt yesterday. I don't even know they made those.
inmytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #116
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmytree View Post
Yeah, I don't watch much TV, but I find something I like I watch that pretty exclusively till it's either done or I get sick of it.

I saw someone with a Crucifictorious t-shirt yesterday. I don't even know they made those.
oh man, i must get one.

how far into it are you now?
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #117
inmytree
Hey Gee.
 
inmytree's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,115
Having said that, I haven't watched an episode since "The Son", which was about a week ago. That seemed like a good place to take a breather.
inmytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #118
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
probably a good choice. there's going to be a big void in your life when you're done with it and you'll be tempted to just start over again.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #119
ethaxton
 
ethaxton's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 8,408
I finished Season 3 yesterday. Watched 7 episodes in a row

Solid season. Def have to watch this alone though. Some pretty emotional shit in there.
ethaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #120
inmytree
Hey Gee.
 
inmytree's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethaxton View Post
I finished Season 3 yesterday. Watched 7 episodes in a row

Solid season. Def have to watch this alone though. Some pretty emotional shit in there.
This is pretty much what's happened with me. I'll sit down to watch an episode and six hours later I'll wonder what happened.
inmytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.10236 seconds with 20 queries