Nice little interview with Ron.

ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:32 PM   #782
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Ha! They finally admit it.

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
ďTesla is now ramping up their volumes, and itís putting pressure on that market segment,Ē Bernhard Kuhnt, chief executive officer of BMW North America, said in an interview Tuesday.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:47 PM   #783
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Katherine has a new video where she discusses in a very simple manner climate vs. weather.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:04 AM   #784
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Today is the day - the new IPCC report is out and it's not pretty. Are we so blinded by greed that the generations of today are willing to sacrifice living conditions for future generations and humanity at its core?

I've posted on here for years that it's possible to move away from dirty energy. Electric cars are more fun to drive. Clean energy is cheaper than dirty energy.

Maybe humanity doesn't deserve to have such a nice home to live on if we can't respect it.....

There are several articles already written and you may have seen some headlines already, but here are a few. Each one has different key points to address about the situation.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:09 AM   #785
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Another article that gives this:

Quote:
[The report] doesn't do enough to warn world leaders about the grim consequences of reaching potential climate tipping points that could trigger conflicts over resources and mass migration.

"I was a reviewer on an earlier draft and was concerned that it left out some of the most important risks governments need to be aware of," said Bob Ward, policy and communications director for the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.

"There was no mention of the potential for conflicts and mass displacement of people, which is of huge concern to governments. There wasn't much mention of tipping points. The IPCC has a reputation of not describing high-impact, low-probability events. There is evidence we may have already passed some key climate thresholds, including a meltdown of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet, which would raise sea level several meters in the next few centuries," he said.

There's also a growing risk that warming will disrupt key ocean circulations, including currents that keep Europe mild despite its relatively high latitude, Ward said. That could have dramatic consequences, including a Scandinavian-like climate for temperate parts of Western Europe.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:37 AM   #786
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Some great vids in the article show casing how well it does in crashes.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:28 AM   #787
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Thought I would post this to show that the transition to renewable energy can happen quickly if we just choose for it to. This chart shows that the IEA estimates are always off and solar growth is really happening.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #788
dmb448

Humanity is literally going to burn ourselves and the planet.
dmb448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:12 PM   #789
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb448 View Post
Humanity is literally going to burn ourselves and the planet.
We are and it's sad.....we have the science at this point in our species' timeline and have created technology with it that allows us to move forward and keep this planet in balance, yet we will not move fast enough.

We are held back by greed from short term results, profits, domination. None of that will matter or will matter a lot less within one generation, by the end of the century.

I work in the admin building of a school and get up from time to time to stretch my legs and walk the campus. I see the little toddler kids on the playground having so much fun, yet not understanding that the people who control this world are destroying it for them by the time they become an adult. It breaks my heart and makes me tear up every time.

The right, the left, the politics. This is beyond politics and has been for years. Sigh......so go buy a fucking EV, from whoever, get solar panels, eat less meat!

I think of the song Monkey Man every time. "Golden Age....in these golden times.....our golden days, seem to have us, hypnotized or blind, well...."

Anyway, back to posting articles.

Last edited by ggies; 10-12-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:20 PM   #790
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Like this one! Model 3 beat BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus in August and now Tesla is third in the US for the 3rd quarter sales.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:17 PM   #791
ggies
Sugar Will '04

This speaks to my negative/positive post two up from here:

Quote:
Verified account

@elonmusk
2h2 hours ago

Tesla exists to help reduce risk of catastrophic climate change, which affects all species on Earth. Even if your faith in humanity is faltering, this is worth caring about. Support makes a difference. Thank you.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #792
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
We are and it's sad.....we have the science at this point in our species' timeline and have created technology with it that allows us to move forward and keep this planet in balance, yet we will not move fast enough.

We are held back by greed from short term results, profits, domination. None of that will matter or will matter a lot less within one generation, by the end of the century.

I work in the admin building of a school and get up from time to time to stretch my legs and walk the campus. I see the little toddler kids on the playground having so much fun, yet not understanding that the people who control this world are destroying it for them by the time they become an adult. It breaks my heart and makes me tear up every time.

The right, the left, the politics. This is beyond politics and has been for years. Sigh......so go buy a fucking EV, from whoever, get solar panels, eat less meat!

I think of the song Monkey Man every time. "Golden Age....in these golden times.....our golden days, seem to have us, hypnotized or blind, well...."

Anyway, back to posting articles.

This exactly. Right down to Monkey Man
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:33 AM   #793
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Welp, the time has finally come! I will be getting my car sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:44 AM   #794
drummerkrf

Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

What's your vanity plate gonna say?
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:38 AM   #795
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post

What's your vanity plate gonna say?

no vanity plates.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:54 PM   #796
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
Welp, the time has finally come! I will be getting my car sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Congratulations man! I know this has been a long time coming. I’m really happy for you.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:02 PM   #797
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Congratulations man! I know this has been a long time coming. Iím really happy for you.
Thanks man!
Yep, I've been waiting 6 years since I found out about the company and 2 and a half years since the reveal of the car.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc