Quote:
Originally Posted by Define Dancing View Post
I have zero faith in our bullpen.
With excellent reason.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:57 AM   #5402
SeekUpAB

Even as a Yankees fan, the bleachers are fucking terrible. I had a partial season package this year and the worst guy in the world had the seat behind me. He actively made it his mission to ruin each game for our entire section.

The Yankees should've won that game 3 times last night. They're a disaster with the bases loaded. Stanton's at bats were atrocious.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:01 AM   #5403
greykitkat36

As the Sox proved last night, that bullpen is very very vulernable. They’re extremely lucky they’re not down 2-0 going back to NY right now.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:23 AM   #5404
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
As the Sox proved last night, that bullpen is very very vulernable. They’re extremely lucky they’re not down 2-0 going back to NY right now.
The bullpen wasn’t the problem last night. They were pretty damn good being put in that position. And definitely hamstrung by nunez shitting himself twice (amd almost 3x) in the field. Fuck David Price.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:11 PM   #5405
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
The bullpen wasn’t the problem last night. They were pretty damn good being put in that position. And definitely hamstrung by nunez shitting himself twice (amd almost 3x) in the field. Fuck David Price.
Given they had to come in starting in the 3rd inning yeah you’re right. They were bad Game 1 though and gave up that 3 run hr to Sanchez to seal the game last night. But yeah The Yankees are like kryptonite to Price.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:41 AM   #5406
SeekUpAB

The entire series Stanton looked like he had never faced live pitching before. Pitiful.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:38 AM   #5407
batleon

Freaking Kimbrel last night... Yeah I don't see the Sox getting past Houston...
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #5408
mja271

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpAB View Post
The entire series Stanton looked like he had never faced live pitching before. Pitiful.
Yea he looked very lost. Kind of his MO in general after watching him for a season. He either is on a tear or looks like he's never swung a bat before. No in between.

In general this series exposed the major glaring weaknesses that always worried me for the playoffs with this team. Inconsistent starting pitching and a complete inability to score runs in ways beside the home run. On the pitching front, they just really don't have that dominant presence or consistency that makes you feel good going into a matchup at this level. Tanaka has proven to be fairly reliable this time of year, but everybody else is a question mark. From the hitting front, you saw it clear as day in game 2 vs games 3 and 4. Game 2 they mashed and hit a few homers and won. The next couple games they didn't hit the ball out of the park and subsequently couldn't do shit as a lineup. And this year is not new on that front. Even going back to last year, the games they won vs the Astros they were raking and hitting a lot of long balls. The 4 they lost they scored like 3 runs total. They need to adjust their approach at the plate in the playoffs because you can't depend on hitting 3 home runs a game that time of year.

Overall, knew this obviously was going to be a tough series since the Sox are a great and balanced team. Just didn't expect the total egg laying at home after they tied the series up. Aside from the sting of losing to a rival I'm not that upset because I can't see any way this version of the Yanks were beating the Astros in a 7 game series.

EDIT: Boone also really struggled and showed why it's very dicey to have a manager with zero prior experience. While Cora is also a new manager he was the bench coach for a WS champion last year. I do think having that feel for the game and experience in the managers role is important.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:46 AM   #5409
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Go Dodgers - at least for the NLCS
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #5410
Mitch

Bye bye Yankees

Now I can "relax" and enjoy the rest of the postseason

Definitely pulling for the Brewers. I like both AL teams, hope it's just a great series.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:12 PM   #5411
mja271

Hopefully the next round is better. There wasn't really too many memorable moments in this years Division Series. Lot of one sided games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:14 PM   #5412
SeekUpAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Yea he looked very lost. Kind of his MO in general after watching him for a season. He either is on a tear or looks like he's never swung a bat before. No in between.

In general this series exposed the major glaring weaknesses that always worried me for the playoffs with this team. Inconsistent starting pitching and a complete inability to score runs in ways beside the home run. On the pitching front, they just really don't have that dominant presence or consistency that makes you feel good going into a matchup at this level. Tanaka has proven to be fairly reliable this time of year, but everybody else is a question mark. From the hitting front, you saw it clear as day in game 2 vs games 3 and 4. Game 2 they mashed and hit a few homers and won. The next couple games they didn't hit the ball out of the park and subsequently couldn't do shit as a lineup. And this year is not new on that front. Even going back to last year, the games they won vs the Astros they were raking and hitting a lot of long balls. The 4 they lost they scored like 3 runs total. They need to adjust their approach at the plate in the playoffs because you can't depend on hitting 3 home runs a game that time of year.

Overall, knew this obviously was going to be a tough series since the Sox are a great and balanced team. Just didn't expect the total egg laying at home after they tied the series up. Aside from the sting of losing to a rival I'm not that upset because I can't see any way this version of the Yanks were beating the Astros in a 7 game series.

EDIT: Boone also really struggled and showed why it's very dicey to have a manager with zero prior experience. While Cora is also a new manager he was the bench coach for a WS champion last year. I do think having that feel for the game and experience in the managers role is important.
Yeah, I'm sad the season is over but I didn't really love the team this year. They kind of overachieved given the injuries, but they also let a ton of winnable games go. I thought they had a good shot to take this series after getting one at Fenway and Game 1 was winnable but yeah no way they were doing anything against Houston.

Boone completely shit the bed. His pitching management was abysmal and his explanations never made any goddamn sense. Cora also has a guy with experience as his own bench coach. Boone put another first time coach next to him. Even Torre had Zimmer.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:29 PM   #5413
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Hopefully the next round is better. There wasn't really too many memorable moments in this years Division Series. Lot of one sided games.
I thought the same thing.

I'm rooting for the Dodgers this year out of the four teams left.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:39 PM   #5414
scrock25
Jesus fucking Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
I thought the same thing.

I'm rooting for the Dodgers this year out of the four teams left.
Right there with you, either them or Houston.
scrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:13 PM   #5415
NiCK (Crush)

Being a baseball fan hurts.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:54 PM   #5416
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Yes sir
Old 10-15-2018, 02:52 PM   #5417
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
Being a baseball fan hurts.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:07 PM   #5418
NiCK (Crush)

I heard the Marlins are unveiling a new logo in November?
Old 10-15-2018, 05:26 PM   #5419
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Old 10-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #5420
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
I heard the Marlins are unveiling a new logo in November?
Just googled and read this

[Only registered users can see links.]

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc