These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2018, 02:34 PM   #2361
Bluewater34
Is Old

That doesn’t sound good. I have no idea what might be causing that. Any recent updates?

This reminds me that I need to get my 5.5 gen classic repaired.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:53 PM   #2362
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

I updated iTunes a few weeks ago. This just started the other day.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:31 PM   #2363
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

totally deleted iTunes and then reinstalled it. That fixed it. I had tried to 'repair' it before but that didn't do anything.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #2364
NiCK (Crush)

Looks like Apple will have some great original content coming this Fall on their new Apple TV+ service.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:33 AM   #2365
K270
Kan Pai

Hoping someone can help me. I have an iPod touch. When I would put music on it I'd connect my iPod to my old laptop with a disc drive. It's my belief if I connect my iPod to my newer laptop there's a good chance the music on the iPod will be erased. Is there anyway to connect the iPod to my newer laptop so if I download music (i.e. the new show dmb just released) I can add it to the current music on my iPod. I hope this wasn't confusing.

Before anybody asks, my older laptop isn't toast it won't connect to iTunes and when I open Safari, it won't connect to any websites. I just keep getting popups telling my the site isn't secure.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:11 AM   #2366
blumathu

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Hoping someone can help me. I have an iPod touch. When I would put music on it I'd connect my iPod to my old laptop with a disc drive. It's my belief if I connect my iPod to my newer laptop there's a good chance the music on the iPod will be erased. Is there anyway to connect the iPod to my newer laptop so if I download music (i.e. the new show dmb just released) I can add it to the current music on my iPod. I hope this wasn't confusing.

Before anybody asks, my older laptop isn't toast it won't connect to iTunes and when I open Safari, it won't connect to any websites. I just keep getting popups telling my the site isn't secure.
Knowing Apple, it might be easier to clean that malware off your old laptop.

Seriously though have you tried malware bytes or anything like that?
blumathu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #2367
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
Knowing Apple, it might be easier to clean that malware off your old laptop.

Seriously though have you tried malware bytes or anything like that?
I have no idea what malware bytes are. The laptop is an older (Mid-2009) MacBook Pro. It can't even be updated to the newest operating system. It maxed out at El Capitan.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:42 AM   #2368
dmb448

Apple Itunes users will still be able to use Itunes on there Windows laptops. Thank God!
dmb448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:21 AM   #2369
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
I have no idea what malware bytes are. The laptop is an older (Mid-2009) MacBook Pro. It can't even be updated to the newest operating system. It maxed out at El Capitan.

Malwarebytes is a free malware removal tool. Pretty decent. Better when used in combination with a few others.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:34 PM   #2370
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:

I believe you are correct in your thinking. What you need to do is go on the old macbook and copy the music to the new itunes folder on the new computer. Iím assuming this should be easy even though the old mb wonít connect to the web. So now you sync the ipod touch to the new library, it will wipe it, but then it will just d/l the music again as it syncs to the new library.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:17 AM   #2371
K270
Kan Pai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I believe you are correct in your thinking. What you need to do is go on the old macbook and copy the music to the new itunes folder on the new computer. Iím assuming this should be easy even though the old mb wonít connect to the web. So now you sync the ipod touch to the new library, it will wipe it, but then it will just d/l the music again as it syncs to the new library.
Well, the problem with that is I never kept too much music in the old iTunes library. It would probably be easier to get an external hard drive and and copy all my CDs onto that. Then sync the iPod to the new hard drive. I wonder if they still make external hard drives with a disk reader.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:59 AM   #2372
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Well, the problem with that is I never kept too much music in the old iTunes library. It would probably be easier to get an external hard drive and and copy all my CDs onto that. Then sync the iPod to the new hard drive. I wonder if they still make external hard drives with a disk reader.
There probably is some 3rd party software that will extract what is on your ipod. But, I would start over as you are talking about. Iíd get just an external drive and a usb disc reader for your computer. Copy the discs to your itunes library and then use the external as a time machine back up, or just as a clone of your itunes library. That way you can use your ipod easily, and have a back up if shit hots the fan.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc