These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2018, 02:34 PM   #2361
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 16,366
That doesn’t sound good. I have no idea what might be causing that. Any recent updates?

This reminds me that I need to get my 5.5 gen classic repaired.
__________________
Itís all a load of bullocks, and bullocks to it all.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:53 PM   #2362
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,140
I updated iTunes a few weeks ago. This just started the other day.
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:31 PM   #2363
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 7,140
totally deleted iTunes and then reinstalled it. That fixed it. I had tried to 'repair' it before but that didn't do anything.
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #2364
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,899
Looks like Apple will have some great original content coming this Fall on their new Apple TV+ service.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:33 AM   #2365
K270
Kan Pai
 
K270's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,985
Hoping someone can help me. I have an iPod touch. When I would put music on it I'd connect my iPod to my old laptop with a disc drive. It's my belief if I connect my iPod to my newer laptop there's a good chance the music on the iPod will be erased. Is there anyway to connect the iPod to my newer laptop so if I download music (i.e. the new show dmb just released) I can add it to the current music on my iPod. I hope this wasn't confusing.

Before anybody asks, my older laptop isn't toast it won't connect to iTunes and when I open Safari, it won't connect to any websites. I just keep getting popups telling my the site isn't secure.
__________________
~Kevin
K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:11 AM   #2366
blumathu
 
blumathu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Hoping someone can help me. I have an iPod touch. When I would put music on it I'd connect my iPod to my old laptop with a disc drive. It's my belief if I connect my iPod to my newer laptop there's a good chance the music on the iPod will be erased. Is there anyway to connect the iPod to my newer laptop so if I download music (i.e. the new show dmb just released) I can add it to the current music on my iPod. I hope this wasn't confusing.

Before anybody asks, my older laptop isn't toast it won't connect to iTunes and when I open Safari, it won't connect to any websites. I just keep getting popups telling my the site isn't secure.
Knowing Apple, it might be easier to clean that malware off your old laptop.

Seriously though have you tried malware bytes or anything like that?
blumathu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #2367
K270
Kan Pai
 
K270's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
Knowing Apple, it might be easier to clean that malware off your old laptop.

Seriously though have you tried malware bytes or anything like that?
I have no idea what malware bytes are. The laptop is an older (Mid-2009) MacBook Pro. It can't even be updated to the newest operating system. It maxed out at El Capitan.
__________________
~Kevin
K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:42 AM   #2368
dmb448
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,262
Apple Itunes users will still be able to use Itunes on there Windows laptops. Thank God!
dmb448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:21 AM   #2369
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
I have no idea what malware bytes are. The laptop is an older (Mid-2009) MacBook Pro. It can't even be updated to the newest operating system. It maxed out at El Capitan.

Malwarebytes is a free malware removal tool. Pretty decent. Better when used in combination with a few others.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:34 PM   #2370
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 22,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Hoping someone can help me. I have an iPod touch. When I would put music on it I'd connect my iPod to my old laptop with a disc drive. It's my belief if I connect my iPod to my newer laptop there's a good chance the music on the iPod will be erased. Is there anyway to connect the iPod to my newer laptop so if I download music (i.e. the new show dmb just released) I can add it to the current music on my iPod. I hope this wasn't confusing.

Before anybody asks, my older laptop isn't toast it won't connect to iTunes and when I open Safari, it won't connect to any websites. I just keep getting popups telling my the site isn't secure.
I believe you are correct in your thinking. What you need to do is go on the old macbook and copy the music to the new itunes folder on the new computer. Iím assuming this should be easy even though the old mb wonít connect to the web. So now you sync the ipod touch to the new library, it will wipe it, but then it will just d/l the music again as it syncs to the new library.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:17 AM   #2371
K270
Kan Pai
 
K270's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I believe you are correct in your thinking. What you need to do is go on the old macbook and copy the music to the new itunes folder on the new computer. Iím assuming this should be easy even though the old mb wonít connect to the web. So now you sync the ipod touch to the new library, it will wipe it, but then it will just d/l the music again as it syncs to the new library.
Well, the problem with that is I never kept too much music in the old iTunes library. It would probably be easier to get an external hard drive and and copy all my CDs onto that. Then sync the iPod to the new hard drive. I wonder if they still make external hard drives with a disk reader.
__________________
~Kevin
K270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:59 AM   #2372
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 22,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Well, the problem with that is I never kept too much music in the old iTunes library. It would probably be easier to get an external hard drive and and copy all my CDs onto that. Then sync the iPod to the new hard drive. I wonder if they still make external hard drives with a disk reader.
There probably is some 3rd party software that will extract what is on your ipod. But, I would start over as you are talking about. Iíd get just an external drive and a usb disc reader for your computer. Copy the discs to your itunes library and then use the external as a time machine back up, or just as a clone of your itunes library. That way you can use your ipod easily, and have a back up if shit hots the fan.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.06946 seconds with 17 queries