These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2021, 04:54 PM   #8901
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I just got a set up toward the end of the season. I guess because of the way europe closed a lot of mtns we ended up with next yearís gear first. I am very excited to explore it more next year, but even just learning going on short trips in resort bounds was fun (and great exercise).
Absolutely.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:40 AM   #8902
beitsaad
it must have been the roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
We're all a bunch of stuck up upper middle class white kids
Hey, i'm an Arab, 20 years ago that wasn't so great, but now I can call more people racist, it's great again!
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #8903
mario

It's not like any of us predicted this last year, but I can't wait to hear the excuses why [Only registered users can see links.] , too, isn't actually Trump's fault because actually....
A poll from [Only registered users can see links.] released Wednesday showed that 45 percent of Republicans “don’t plan” on getting a vaccine. [Only registered users can see links.] from Monmouth University showed that 43 percent of Republicans “likely will never get a shot.”

[Only registered users can see links.] released Thursday by YouGov showed a slightly smaller number — 36 percent — of Republicans saying they won’t get vaccinated, still representing over a third of self-identified members of the GOP.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM   #8904
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
It's not like any of us predicted this last year, but I can't wait to hear the excuses why [Only registered users can see links.] , too, isn't actually Trump's fault because actually....
A poll from [Only registered users can see links.] released Wednesday showed that 45 percent of Republicans ďdonít planĒ on getting a vaccine. [Only registered users can see links.] from Monmouth University showed that 43 percent of Republicans ďlikely will never get a shot.Ē

[Only registered users can see links.] released Thursday by YouGov showed a slightly smaller number ó 36 percent ó of Republicans saying they wonít get vaccinated, still representing over a third of self-identified members of the GOP.
That's what they say to pollsters, but if their wives tell them to get it, they'll get it.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #8905
mario

I forget who asked me a few weeks ago about the source of the belief that everyone will need [Only registered users can see links.] ?
A booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine will likely be needed for patients within 12 months of becoming fully vaccinated as variants challenge the effectiveness of the shots, according to Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla.
[...]
Meanwhile, Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel [Only registered users can see links.] Wednesday the Massachusetts-based biotech firm could submit data on its booster shot to federal regulators in the coming months and provide the shot to Americans by the fall.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #8906
Mersh

Once a year, like a flu shot, is what I expected.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM   #8907
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Once a year, like a flu shot, is what I expected.
I donít even think it will be that. This booster is for variants that escape or partially escape the originalís protection. If it ends up being every year, thatís fine, but I donít think it will be.

Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM   #8908
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I donít even think it will be that. This booster is for variants that escape or partially escape the originalís protection. If it ends up being every year, thatís fine, but I donít think it will be.
This is my thought too.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM   #8909
Josh.0

They’re jumping the gun just in the event that a booster is needed. Mario omitted this paragraph:

Quote:
It’s still not settled exactly how long protection against COVID-19 lasts once someone has been inoculated; however, Pfizer earlier this month announced its vaccine has shown to be more than 91 percent effective against the disease for at least six months following the second dose.
We literally don’t have the data yet to know anything, it’s just Pfizer trying to land more government contracts for R+D, which we knew they’d try to do all along.

Once the money bags open, no one wants them closed. Just ask health systems around America.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM   #8910
Josh.0

Yeah, they were already trying to get on this gravy train a month ago:

[Only registered users can see links.]
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM   #8911
Josh.0

Who the fuck is getting infected again after infections or vaccines?! Where are these studies? More importantly, where as these masses of people getting reinfected right now?!

There was one small study in South Africa, but I’m not seeing anything else. How the fuck are the drawing these conclusions if after six months they’re saying people are still showing 91% efficacy and we didn’t start mass vaccinations until late December (so, four months ago)?

This is shady AF.
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #8912
Josh.0

Oh. My. God.

Fucking Pfizer’s fucking vaccine only elicits a T cell response in 12% of patients.

How the FUCK was this acceptable in clinical trials?! You’d be able to test for T cell responses after a few weeks!

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
The research team collected blood samples from 165 people aged 80 to 99 years and living independently 5-6 weeks after their first vaccine dose. Of these, 76 received the Pfizer vaccine and 89 received the AstraZeneca vaccine. They then used a range of assays to measure the immune response generated.

A small number of people (eight) had signs of previous natural covid-19 infection. Compared with those without previous infection, their antibody and T cell responses after the first vaccine dose were significantly higher (691-fold and fourfold, respectively). The study also found stronger T cell responses in people who had received the AstraZeneca vaccine, with 31% of this group producing detectable T cell responses compared with 12% of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine group.

Helen Parry, study author and National Institute for Health Research academic clinical lecturer at the University of Birmingham, said, “These antibody responses are very encouraging as they back up the strong real world data we are seeing in the UK. We now need to carry out further research to understand what this difference in T cell responses means and how we might work to optimise future vaccination strategies.”

The researchers said that the clinical importance of the difference in T cell response was not yet clear, but it could be important when dealing with variants of covid-19. Paul Moss, co-author, principal investigator of the UK Coronavirus Immunology Consortium, and haematology professor at the University of Birmingham, said, “[T cells] can help to recognise different viral variants, they are somewhat less susceptible to loss of immune recognition against viral variants than antibody responses.

“The difference between antibodies and T cells is that antibodies are seeing shapes, like a lock and a key, and therefore a single amino acid can make a big change in the structure, and that means a lot of antibodies can’t bind. Whereas T cells see little peptide fragments, the virus is stripped into fragments and therefore the T cell response is not so badly lost against single amino acid changes.”
You have got to be fucking kidding me. How did they release a vaccine that ONLY elicits an initial antibody response?! That’s like selling bandaids that only reduce bleeding for 30 seconds.

Weren’t we told the vaccines elicited a strong T cell response?

This is fucking insane!

My actual COVID-19 infection has officially proven to be my long-term guard against COVID-19 and not the stupid, useless fucking Pfizer shots I’ve been getting this month.

What a jooooke. Immunologists everywhere must be thinking “uh, WHAT? There’s no T cell protection? THATS THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT!”

Wow, if this is indeed true - 12% - this is perhaps the biggest botch of this whole pandemic. Just torch your stupid fucking vaccine cards and give me a “got the fucking virus and is good to go because he has T cell immunity” card.
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #8913
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

80-99 year olds? Their immune systems died five years ago. They’re all on borrowed time anyway. Am I reading that wrong? Their t-cells will probably get around to it. They’re working on dial up.

Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #8914
Josh.0

They’re the most vulnerable population

But I needed a laugh after reading that. The media needs to be ALL over this if it still has a single ounce of credibility left.
Old Today, 02:16 PM   #8915
Josh.0

LOL!

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc