These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2018, 09:00 AM   #161
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Damn really surprised how run of the mill this set looks based on how the tour started. I guess we knew this would Happen at some point. Itís not bad by any means though, no real turds just overplayed songs. tons of awesome classics, captain and Warren which is always welcome. N1 just had more rarities and hardcore favorites where tonight was more like a really good festival set.
Jesus dude. They opened the show with 10 straight tour debuts. 15 total and a lib put of 18 songs. I mean, this is what variety looks like.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:34 AM   #162
greppson
Hmm...

Captain. You are killing me Dave. Missed it this summer by a show or two, miss it this fall by two shows.

On to 17 years since my last Captain.

greppson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:37 AM   #163
JustinC

meh looking show for MSG N2
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:43 AM   #164
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Jesus dude. They opened the show with 10 straight tour debuts. 15 total and a lib put of 18 songs. I mean, this is what variety looks like.
It’s not about that, it’s about the songs they did play all in the same show. I’m not knocking the show, still looks pretty good, but Don’t act like the setlist met peoples expectations because it didn’t. That being said, still better than any show they did this summer. Just surprised no Stone (considering they had soundchecked that in Columbus), no pig, Halloween or anything along those lines.

Believe me I’m loving the variety if they keep this pace up it could be one of the best tours we’ve seen in quite some time.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:43 AM   #165
drh424s

Are they still not playing the entire second bridge of captain or has that been fixed?
drh424s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #166
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
meh looking show for MSG N2
True, but I think that is actually a testament to how well they've covered the catalog over the last several years. It used to be Halloween was a special chaser. That was the MSG N2 song. But, they kind of played the shit out of halloween for a few years. If they played that e1 over So Right it would have been 'meh.' So Right was a much bigger surprise imo. Captain with a guest, Cortez lib with Warren. Pretty cool imho. What Songs are really left that are 'special.' Spoon and Last Stop? #34 will only be played on special occasions relating to Roi. BWBF? 90% of the crowd has no idea what that even is.

Also, playing full blue waters now would bring the lolz for boyd. I am for it.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:49 AM   #167
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Believe me Iím loving the variety if they keep this pace up it could be one of the best tours weíve seen in quite some time.
Time will certainly tell, but I am impressed with what we've seen so far. The training wheels are off.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:53 AM   #168
greykitkat36

Quote:
True, but I think that is actually a testament to how well they've covered the catalog over the last several years. It used to be Halloween was a special chaser. That was the MSG N2 song. But, they kind of played the shit out of halloween for a few years. If they played that e1 over So Right it would have been 'meh.' So Right was a much bigger surprise imo. Captain with a guest, Cortez lib with Warren. Pretty cool imho. What Songs are really left that are 'special.' Spoon and Last Stop? #34 will only be played on special occasions relating to Roi. BWBF? 90% of the crowd has no idea what that even is.

Yeah you make a really good point, though I still would have taken a Halloween. They could have played YNK though, thatís been rare and played this tour. No one was asking for Spoon or Last Stop I think just most of the songs played are ones they play A LOT and ones we associate with ďmail-inĒ nights. The opening run could have been pretty much any standard show over the last 5 years (minus granny maybe)
Old 12-01-2018, 09:57 AM   #169
greykitkat36

Quote:
Time will certainly tell, but I am impressed with what we've seen so far. The training wheels are off.
Yeah no doubt theyíve already played 47 different songs in the first 3 shows, thatís awesome..almost phish-like. Obviously they wonít keep that kind of pace going, but yeah itís been looking good. You can tell how rejuvenated the band is. I feel like I havenít seen them have as much fun on stage together like this in a while.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:58 AM   #170
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....

Quote:

Truth. They went in a totally different direction than I predicted.
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:06 AM   #171
dmb2much40

This was not mailed in by any means. No one predicted this variety, for a winter tour no less. And, what songs you avoid are now just as important as the ones you get. They didn’t play a single song that made me groan and at no point was I bored. On the other hand this was not an instant classic.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #172
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
This was not mailed in by any means. No one predicted this variety, for a winter tour no less. And, what songs you avoid are now just as important as the ones you get. They didn’t play a single song that made me groan and at no point was I bored. On the other hand this was not an instant classic.
Yup. This sums it up well.

I thought they sounded real good- the balance, mix, etc. I hadn’t seen them with Buddy and didn’t listen to much of anything either, and I really enjoyed it. Didn’t miss Boyd at all. His part in Crush sounded real good with Tim playing slide guitar, etc. Warren obviously helped fill the void on Bilies.

The jammy Captain with Whitfield and the Warren spots made the show.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:03 AM   #173
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:

Is it really? It's a close call for me. They played So Right a ton this summer and a lot with 3.0, I think Halloween would have been more surprising.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #174
dmb2much40

Well they have a history of breaking out Halloween at msg when it was a rarity (2000-05). But they started playing the shit out of it, I think it was summer 2012, and a lot of people crossed it off their list.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #175
Steveo Style

I wanted Christmas Song. But am very satisfied with both shows otherwise.
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:33 AM   #176
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

I assumed Christmas Song wouldn’t come out until the calendar hit December.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:38 AM   #177
Steveo Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
I assumed Christmas Song wouldnít come out until the calendar hit December.
Donít tell that to Dave at Wrigley in July
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #178
Tomacco

MSG two-nighters have a history of weak night 1/awesome night 2. I think this year we got two great shows instead, which I’m happy with. Lots of highlights:

Seek Up
Kill the King
Sweet Emotion >
Minarets
Lie In Our Graves (with Kraz)
Lover Lay Down
Typical Situation
What You Are (a highlight for me)
Crush
Captain (jammed out with Mark)
Cortez (Warren)
Billies (Warren)
Jimi Thing (three new horn players)
So Right

Plus, just 7 CT songs balanced over both nights and no repeats.
The only thing I would have really wanted beyond that is swapping out OSW opener for The Stone or Nancies or something in that vein. And ending n2 with a better song than Grey Street.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #179
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo Style View Post
Don’t tell that to Dave at Wrigley in July

I think Wrigley was September. But yeah; I got it at Pittsburgh summer 2014. I mean specifically for this tour
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #180
klillyblad

Uploading Hoyt's tapes to the [Only registered users can see links.] now, but it's taking a while because I'm still having issues w/ sendspace. Supposedly, they're looking into it. (Usually I upload at 2,500 KB/s but I've been stuck around 200 KB/s for the past couple of days.)

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc