These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2018, 12:42 PM   #181
Feathered
oh shit!

Working on throwing up the rest of my videos from last night. Running So Right through a deshaker to see if its worth doing. My audio came out okay but could have been better. Apparently I'm taping Albany so it'll be nice to have a real feed to use since I dont want to step on any tapers toes and use their stuff.

When I'm Weary was a bitch and my camera didnt like it from where I was sitting so its a lot of the screen bleh.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:43 PM   #182
Feathered
oh shit!

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 12-01-2018, 12:45 PM   #183
klillyblad

Those are great!
Old 12-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #184
Feathered
oh shit!

Does anyone have a way for me to see if Hoyt would be cool with me using his audio? Would credit him obviously.

I pushed the tape up to google drive if anyone wants it before it gets uploaded to the Sendspace

Old 12-01-2018, 01:05 PM   #185
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered View Post
Does anyone have a way for me to see if Hoyt would be cool with me using his audio? Would credit him obviously.

I pushed the tape up to google drive if anyone wants it before it gets uploaded to the Sendspace

I saw some Facebook feeds sharing your videos (DogTube is you, right?)

and thx for the tape link
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:06 PM   #186
.Gary.

The flow of this show is on point.
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:12 PM   #187
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gary. View Post
The flow of this show is on point.
good point, it flowed real well
Old 12-01-2018, 01:13 PM   #188
.Gary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
good point, it flowed real well
After 20 years of seeing this band live, just give me a good show, that's all I ask.
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:17 PM   #189
Feathered
oh shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I saw some Facebook feeds sharing your videos (DogTube is you, right?)

and thx for the tape link
Yup thats me, songs I have to upload still.

OSW
Everyday
Do You Remember
Captain (Uploaded)
Warehouse
When I'm Weary
Cortez (Uploaded)
Billies
So Right

Running some through a Deshake which is whats taking a bit longer. Also waiting a bit to see if I can get the a-ok from Hoyt or someone who got better audio since mine is a bit mushy.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:19 PM   #190
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
It’s not about that, it’s about the songs they did play all in the same show. I’m not knocking the show, still looks pretty good, but Don’t act like the setlist met peoples expectations because it didn’t. That being said, still better than any show they did this summer. Just surprised no Stone (considering they had soundchecked that in Columbus), no pig, Halloween or anything along those lines.

Believe me I’m loving the variety if they keep this pace up it could be one of the best tours we’ve seen in quite some time.
These shows were bare minimum acceptable for MSG 2 nighter IMO. I'd come away satisfied, but I still think a radical change needs to happen in the way this band writes setlists. It feels like setlists morph at a glacial pace tour over tour, and there are way too many songs in rotation that need a serious break. Fans have been tossed pennies for so long that they don't even know what an amazing, epic set could even look like. A couple surprises isn't enough. There's so many songs that are actually good or even great songs but just need a rest, and be replaced with a new generation of tour staples (in order of most needing a break):

Satellite - replace with Proudest Monkey
DDTW - replace with Stone
Crush - replace with Say Goodbye
Grey St - replace with Last Stop
Seven - replace with Recently
Jimi - replace with Dreaming Tree
YMDT - replace with Bartender
#41 - replace with Pig
Rapunzel - replace with BOWA
WWYS - replace with JTR

Why can't the songs on the right be played to death for a year or two? Why is that such a crazy idea? Most of them are crowd favorites and would get huge reactions too.

And this list doesn't even account for the truly bad songs that get played all the time. There's just so little room for surprises when the "staples" never change and they still play a ton of filler on top of it. Sorry, but a couple surprises each show, best case, isn't enough. I want wholesale change, and even if that gets old in a year or two, it's better than what we have now which feels like the same core setlists for the past several years.
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:21 PM   #191
dmb1981

I didn't go last night but people saying it needed more diversity/liberations/whatever, come on. Guests left and right, great songs being played and most importantly, from what people are saying, great performances. I'd take So Right E1 over a Sister->Halloween 5 days a week. Halloween is a shell of what it used to be. It's barely even interesting anymore. Some of you people be crazy.

That said, there are a few songs that need to go away. Satellite, Don't Drink, and Grey St. are just enough already. Hello Stone/Dreaming Tree/Pig!
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:21 PM   #192
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gary. View Post
After 20 years of seeing this band live, just give me a good show, that's all I ask.
Yeah no doubt. I have a good time at every show I go to. This was a fun one.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:26 PM   #193
willndmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered View Post
Working on throwing up the rest of my videos from last night. Running So Right through a deshaker to see if its worth doing. My audio came out okay but could have been better. Apparently I'm taping Albany so it'll be nice to have a real feed to use since I dont want to step on any tapers toes and use their stuff.

When I'm Weary was a bitch and my camera didnt like it from where I was sitting so its a lot of the screen bleh.
You are aud taping Albany?
What is your rig and location?
Most tapers are cool with you using audio to dub too, just ask. Hell like 4 are on here a good amount
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:35 PM   #194
Tomacco

I think you could argue that MSGn2 was better than 4/14/09 or 12/10/05 a both which are considered epic MSG shows.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:42 PM   #195
mrpeters
Lock it away inside myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
Most tapers are cool with you using audio to dub too, just ask. Hell like 4 are on here a good amount
my rig - so you'll like it
mrpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:47 PM   #196
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
These shows were bare minimum acceptable for MSG 2 nighter IMO. I'd come away satisfied, but I still think a radical change needs to happen in the way this band writes setlists. It feels like setlists morph at a glacial pace tour over tour, and there are way too many songs in rotation that need a serious break. Fans have been tossed pennies for so long that they don't even know what an amazing, epic set could even look like. A couple surprises isn't enough. There's so many songs that are actually good or even great songs but just need a rest, and be replaced with a new generation of tour staples

They have a ton of radio hits and feel th need to play those and obviously enjoy playing them. And there songs that have become classics as well. You’ll never see stuff like Crush, Warehouse, Don’t Drink, JIMI, Crash ever shelved for that reason. The only reason Two Step got shelved is probably because it’s an energy drainer for Carter. Seems like Two Step might become more rare now than ever before.

The biggest problem is playing the mediocre stuff way too much. Stuff like Samurai, Seven, Sister, YMDT, Funny, You And Me get played like 20 times per tour and stuff like Rhyme, Say Goodbye and DIDO get played once or twice, people wouldn’t care at all about the repeated classic songs if they weren’t surrounded by the garbage.

The rotation of songs isn’t big enough. They need to make it more like an 80 to 90 rotation not 40. That would mean there wouldn’t be a single song that would get played more than 6-8 times per tour and that would make a lot of people at least on here happy.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #197
Feathered
oh shit!

Got the Go-Ahead from him, going to push up what i have left as it encodes. Gonna make my MBP cry a bit today.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:52 PM   #198
Feathered
oh shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
After Jones Beach was a no show tape wise and PNC had the issue with the stack being off I've been talking to Peters and he's loaning me his rig. I'm on the floor right by the board so it should be decent.

I was able to chat with Hoyt and he gave me the ok to sync it which I'm super thankful for. I just never want to do stuff like that without getting the all clear since I know how much effort goes into things.

Usually do video and then use the mv88 for an audio improvement but last night was rocky as you could hear from the upload I threw up a few pages ago before i ptfo'd. I'm def feeling two shows, uploading Cortez and Captain then having to haul my butt to work today
Old 12-01-2018, 01:59 PM   #199
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
The rotation of songs isn’t big enough.
This is very true and clearly the biggest problem. They have two shows worth of material it seems. They need like 4. Then rotate those 65-80 songs. Surprise shows will stem from that. Otherwise, we'll never see truly "crazy shows" again.
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #200
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
This is very true and clearly the biggest problem. They have two shows worth of material it seems. They need like 4. Then rotate those 65-80 songs. Surprise shows will stem from that. Otherwise, we'll never see truly "crazy shows" again.
Would be awesome to see the band do like a 6 night residency where they were kind of forced not to repeat songs, then wed get some interesting shows.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc