These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2018, 03:19 PM   #81
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,853
I wonder if the other two nights will eventually come out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:31 PM   #82
JamSession v2.0
A magician named...
 
JamSession v2.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 15,674
Listened to BTCS straight through for the first time in a couple years last week.

I remember when I started listening to DMB, people said they were better live, but this album is damn good from the studio.
__________________
-Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
LET HE WHO HASN'T JERKED OFF ON HIS SLEEPING EMPLOYEE CAST THE FIRST STONE!
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #83
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
Listened to BTCS straight through for the first time in a couple years last week.

I remember when I started listening to DMB, people said they were better live, but this album is damn good from the studio.
I honestly believe it's a perfect album. Even Stay fits so nicely in that 5 spot. It's flawless.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:40 PM   #84
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
I wonder if the other two nights will eventually come out.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:39 PM   #85
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,401
gross gif
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:46 PM   #86
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
I honestly believe it's a perfect album. Even Stay fits so nicely in that 5 spot. It's flawless.
To this day, it's my favourite album of all time. And I'm not intending to be ignorant, I consider myself someone with a very solid knowledge of music. BTCS is prefect.
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:03 PM   #87
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 50,401
Isn’t it funny though that our favorite DMB album also gave us our least favorite guests in the Lovely Ladies?
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #88
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Isn’t it funny though that our favorite DMB album also gave us our least favorite guests in the Lovely Ladies?
Honestly... I don't hate 'em. They're often not used properly, but I gotta say, when I'm at a show and they're out there for Stay, it's always such a highlight.
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:26 AM   #89
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayer22 View Post
A Dream So Real

One of the most underrated tunes in my opinion.


Agreed awesome little tune
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:18 AM   #90
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 15,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
I honestly believe it's a perfect album. Even Stay fits so nicely in that 5 spot. It's flawless.
Thereís absolutely no question about it. Steve Lillywhite is one of the best known and most highly respected producers in the business, and even if you put it up against the rest of his work, itís easily one of his best jobs. Every part of that project was operating at the absolute peak of their ability.
__________________
May you dine on weeds made bitter by the piss of drunkards.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:52 AM   #91
wiebrod
 
wiebrod's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 3,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Thereís absolutely no question about it. Steve Lillywhite is one of the best known and most highly respected producers in the business, and even if you put it up against the rest of his work, itís easily one of his best jobs. Every part of that project was operating at the absolute peak of their ability.
Agree 100%. It's a masterpiece, and the first two albums were really damn good also so that speaks to how good BTCS really is. Honestly, I think LWS would be right up there with the Big 3 if it was finished. The songs on that album are so good also.
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #92
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 21,961
I have always found it a testament to just how firggin' phenomenal BTCS is that it is universally considered their best album. You have the big 3, but streets is unquestionable their best. Whether it is SLW, people on this site, or Batson the other day. It is never even a question.

Conversely, I think this is why the LWS exploding hurt so bad. Especially with what we have. You had an honest chance to give it a run for its money.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:10 AM   #93
wiebrod
 
wiebrod's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Posts: 3,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I have always found it a testament to just how firggin' phenomenal BTCS is that it is universally considered their best album. You have the big 3, but streets is unquestionable their best. Whether it is SLW, people on this site, or Batson the other day. It is never even a question.

Conversely, I think this is why the LWS exploding hurt so bad. Especially with what we have. You had an honest chance to give it a run for its money.
I do absolutely think it would have had a chance to give it a run for its money. Everything really felt like the band was on a roll song writing, etc. and then it all just exploded.
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:17 PM   #94
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,718
Big Whiskey

I still think this is a pretty diverse sounding album, like a carnival of sorts. Would it have been different with Roi? Probably. More Boyd involvement? Hopefully. But they really tried with this one. And it's all I ask of them.

I think I'd rank Big Whiskey above Away from the World. At least I find myself listening to it more often straight through. AftW is definitely the better produced effort, but I prefer BW's sound. I think there's a difference, subtle as it may be. Cavallo captured the energy of the band whereas Lillywhite gets the musicianship.

Last edited by gweeps; 03-11-2018 at 02:41 PM.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:55 PM   #95
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Big Whiskey

I still think this is a pretty diverse sounding album, like a carnival of sorts. Would it have been different with Roi? Probably. More Boyd involvement? Hopefully. But they really tried with this one. And it's all I ask of them.

I think I'd rank Big Whiskey above Away from the World. At least I find myself listening to it more often straight through. AftW is definitely the better produced effort, but I prefer BW's sound. I think there's a difference, subtle as it may be. Cavallo captured the energy of the band whereas Lillywhite gets the musicianship.
Couldn't agree more. AFTW "sounds" more like DMB and like the old school records, but the songwriting is far superior on Big Whiskey, it's not close imo. There's some bad ones on that album too, but overall I think it's more solid, and definitely way more listenable. AFTW isn't an album I can listen to all the way through. I only did that once when it came out, now I just go to select tracks. I listened to Big Whiskey start of finish well over 10 times for sure. The songs have more life to them and they are more interesting and dyanmic to me. If you took the best songs off of BW and the best ones off of AFTW, you'd have a great album that would fall right behind Busted Stuff or maybe even equal it. People rank albums objectivley (or try to) but for me, if I can't stand to listen to it from start to finish multiple times then it's not a good album to me.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:58 PM   #96
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,796
I think Big Whiskey sounds like how 3.0 DMB is supposed to sound, where as AFTW was the band trying to sound like they used to, and it kind of came off that way to me. I always say, they're not the same band anymore, and they shouldn't feel the need to be. There's a lot about 3.0 I don't like, but I've really embraced it at this point. If they fine tune things (less Rashawn squealing, more Jeff, more subtle Tim, Less loud Carter) it would be miles better. I'd much rather them move in a specifc direction than try to be a shell of what they used to be.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:16 PM   #97
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
Listened to BTCS straight through for the first time in a couple years last week.

I remember when I started listening to DMB, people said they were better live, but this album is damn good from the studio.
I mean as awesome as BTCS, it doesn't sound at all like they do live. But I don't mind that. The studio is different, and should be.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #98
SeekUpAB
 
SeekUpAB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,426
Right behind or equal to BS? Stop.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:07 PM   #99
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,278
11/5/98 - The Last Stop

Unless Tim is using a strange effect in here, it sounds like LeRoi is playing the flute in places. Either way, I like it.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:58 PM   #100
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
11/5/98 - The Last Stop

Unless Tim is using a strange effect in here, it sounds like LeRoi is playing the flute in places. Either way, I like it.
the best version ever
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08488 seconds with 16 queries