These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2008, 08:20 PM   #21
blsc1121

It's funny how certain songs just elude you. I've been to 33 shows in 6 years (2003-2008) and I've gotten 2 IBYU's, 8 Dreaming Tree's, and 3 partial #40's....still no Minarets. I've missed it by a show at least 3x so far (that I can remember).
blsc1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:10 PM   #22
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

yea, winter tour '05 was the ballbuster. Saw two shows and they played it all around my two. I was convinced they would ply it in Boston. But no.

Thought we were going to get it n4 rr05 too when it was on the disc, but I won't complain about pig or the recently. Especially a recently opener which was something I always wanted after only hitting Worcester n2 98.

The other horrid thing about 8-26-00 (besides not playing it 8-27 but waiting for SPAC) was that travitz said before the show they were going to do something special. People thought exodus, but I was all about minarets. When dave started the intro I went ape shit, then, I got the equivilent of show stomach cancer. Cock Punch!
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #23
Monk
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
yea, winter tour '05 was the ballbuster. Saw two shows and they played it all around my two. I was convinced they would ply it in Boston. But no.

Thought we were going to get it n4 rr05 too when it was on the disc, but I won't complain about pig or the recently. Especially a recently opener which was something I always wanted after only hitting Worcester n2 98.

The other horrid thing about 8-26-00 (besides not playing it 8-27 but waiting for SPAC) was that travitz said before the show they were going to do something special. People thought exodus, but I was all about minarets. When dave started the intro I went ape shit, then, I got the equivilent of show stomach cancer. Cock Punch!
It was the same for me with Minarets until I was able to catch it at MSG in '05. It took 64 shows since '97 to finally get it live. You'll catch it sometime, and it will be damn worth the wait when you do.

Last edited by Monk; 11-16-2008 at 11:12 PM.
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:41 PM   #24
raven

for me.. 11 years, 69 shows, 3 minarets

(8/29/00, 6/27/03, 12/10/05)
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #25
raven

Quote:
hahah i remember that.. even worse than the nancies tease->wayg a couple years later
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:10 PM   #26
Smittay
SUCK MY DICK YOU WHHHHHHHOAAAA

yeah im like 13 years deep, someodd over 110 shows whatnot

and i saw crush once live - it always evades me, i laugh at it...

everything else ive pretty much seen except stolen away also
Smittay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #27
orbs35
that's not sexy, bill

110 shows and youve only seen crush once?
orbs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:28 PM   #28
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
hahah i remember that.. even worse than the nancies tease->wayg a couple years later
Ooo, I remember the Dancing Nancies teases. Those sucked.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:28 PM   #29
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbs35 View Post
110 shows and youve only seen crush once?
Unless 109 of them were before 1998, I don't see how that's possible.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:38 PM   #30
unctp

14 years and 63 shows later, not a single screaming from the minarets...
unctp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:42 PM   #31
Tomacco

The song's only been played 18 times from 1999 to now. Shame.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:48 AM   #32
GregB486
Large and in charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
One of the good things about 12/10/05 was getting Minarets. I was willing to tolerate the >> Dreamgirl because I had a feeling that might have been my only shot at getting it. Here's to Minarets with Timmy next summer

And to your ten year Jack. We're glad you made it this far.
dreamgirl was an excellent piss break
She's the inflatable dolphin. And you really like that dolphin. Now tell the dolphin how you feel, grab it by it's handles and take it into the bedroom. Be confident, forceful and manly. Emit pheremones or something. Then lay into it and give a big satisfied smile.
GregB486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:54 AM   #33
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB486 View Post
dreamgirl was an excellent piss break
It was only played every show that year, so it didn't really bother me too much.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:00 AM   #34
Hopper

Got my Minarets on my like 6th show (alpine '03).

However, it took me 15 shows to get Watchtower
Old 11-17-2008, 05:27 AM   #35
Fiorentino
Viva Las Vegas

I got luther college given to me about 10 years ago... march of '99 i think. Didn't go to a show until dave and tim 3/22/03... then said fuck it why not see what the bands like? seen 35 since then...and I got two minarets in winter of '05.

wish I was old enough when I got luther to have gone to d+t shows. I've only been to two d+t and they are why I got into dave matthews.
Fiorentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #36
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentino View Post
I got luther college given to me about 10 years ago... march of '99 i think. Didn't go to a show until dave and tim 3/22/03... then said fuck it why not see what the bands like? seen 35 since then...and I got two minarets in winter of '05.

wish I was old enough when I got luther to have gone to d+t shows. I've only been to two d+t and they are why I got into dave matthews.
Yea, Dave and Tim was a huge part of why I became so involved in this band. Just something magical about them. I remember waiting for the store to open on 1-19-99 to get Luther. My sister had broken her ankle the night before and I was supposed to be at the hospital, but I needed that 96 sbd. Then, I saw the 2-6-99 show a few weeks later and what an experience. I remember thinking the Crush (2nd version) was the best live song I had ever seen. Popper for the encore with, "is this shit cool, or what?" so fantastic.

Another child that's grown old
Old 11-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #37
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

I've been to 25 shows and have seen Minarets twice. All I'm really missing is #34, Let You Down, Proudest Monkey, Spoon, Mother Father, Everybody Wake Up, and American Baby Intro.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #38
Fiorentino
Viva Las Vegas

Quote:
Yea, Dave and Tim was a huge part of why I became so involved in this band. Just something magical about them. I remember waiting for the store to open on 1-19-99 to get Luther. My sister had broken her ankle the night before and I was supposed to be at the hospital, but I needed that 96 sbd. Then, I saw the 2-6-99 show a few weeks later and what an experience. I remember thinking the Crush (2nd version) was the best live song I had ever seen. Popper for the encore with, "is this shit cool, or what?" so fantastic.
I hope your sister understood haha, reminds me of the seinfeld (if your a fan) where Elaine buys the candy before visiting her BF in the hospital.

Unfortunately I was only 10 when I was given luther college. I had been playing guitar for about 3 years at the time, and was completely blown away by Tim's slide solo on Ants.

4 years and about 4 copies of Luther later(I played the shit out of it!), I saw the announcement somewhere for the '03 tour. The closest show for me was NYC, which was no easy feat for a 14 year old. Add the fact the single I was able to secure was 350 bucks!! big money to a kid in middle school...

You really said it best Jack with "just something magical about them". I was 14, alone in the 1st mezzanine at RCMH, in a strange city...completely transfixed by that magic. I only knew the songs from Luther College, but it didn't matter.

I think I've seen about 40-50 shows unrelated to Dave Matthews; none of which really had as big of an impact on me as D+T.
Fiorentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:15 PM   #39
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentino View Post
I hope your sister understood haha, reminds me of the seinfeld (if your a fan) where Elaine buys the candy before visiting her BF in the hospital.

Unfortunately I was only 10 when I was given luther college. I had been playing guitar for about 3 years at the time, and was completely blown away by Tim's slide solo on Ants.

4 years and about 4 copies of Luther later(I played the shit out of it!), I saw the announcement somewhere for the '03 tour. The closest show for me was NYC, which was no easy feat for a 14 year old. Add the fact the single I was able to secure was 350 bucks!! big money to a kid in middle school...

You really said it best Jack with "just something magical about them". I was 14, alone in the 1st mezzanine at RCMH, in a strange city...completely transfixed by that magic. I only knew the songs from Luther College, but it didn't matter.

I think I've seen about 40-50 shows unrelated to Dave Matthews; none of which really had as big of an impact on me as D+T.
that's a badass story. I only wish my mom had let me do stuff like that when I was younger. I definitely would have hit 1-28-95 and 2-14-96. The chance was there, the parental approval was not however.

I was 19 when I saw dmb for the first time. I had been to Montreal many times with my parents, but never alone. We drove two boston to pick up two girlfriends and then to montreal. This was before we had cell phones and the thought of using mapquest. Everything was just a shot in the dark. Great trip. I think I've seen over 30 of my dmb/d+t shows with the guy I saw the first one with., but the girls, I haven't kept in touch with

Another child that's grown old
Old 11-17-2008, 04:13 PM   #40
sarge

I totally support this thread. I have seen Minarets only once. I want it back.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc