These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #321
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,925
10 Years, 72 Shows, 0 Minarets - (Now 20 Years, 83 shows, 2 Kids & ONE Minarets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
My show count has been at a stand still for almost five years now.



It's weird in real life I'm embarrassed to say I've been to 30 DMB shows because it's way to many, but here I'm embarrassed because it's way too few


I hear that.

A good buddy of mine at my new job found out I’ve been to 41 DMB shows and constantly plays the worst picks during system checks or in the car with me here comes Samurai Cop! Here’s Crash! Here’s Dreamgirl! Here’s Stand Up!
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:35 AM   #322
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me
 
Thrawn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 4,000
I think it was Craig Ferguson that said something like "I quite like the Dave Matthews Band, I think they're very talented musicians, but I find that when I meet someone else who likes the Dave Matthews Band, I tend to not like them."
__________________
Being a Dave Matthews fan in 2018:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sci22 View Post
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:42 PM   #323
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clarksville, IN
Posts: 6,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
My show count has been at a stand still for almost five years now.

It's weird in real life I'm embarrassed to say I've been to 30 DMB shows because it's way to many, but here I'm embarrassed because it's way too few
I hear that. I've been to 16 and just about everyone I know think it's weird. Then I go to a show and someone next to me is at 100+
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #324
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
I think it was Craig Ferguson that said something like "I quite like the Dave Matthews Band, I think they're very talented musicians, but I find that when I meet someone else who likes the Dave Matthews Band, I tend to not like them."




I always loved when Andy is skating by himself midday on The Office and requests “Dave Matthews Band...deep tracks only!” Of course he gets Ants Marching and jams anyway.

I was in the car with my cousin three weeks ago (been to 10-12 shows and a few of them with me). I was the DD and the rest of the family was partying to whatever terrible party music is relevant. Out of nowhere he says “this one is for [Jayes]” and proceeds to play a 13 minute Typical.

Terrible terrible choice in that moment, but respect
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:26 PM   #325
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post


I always loved when Andy is skating by himself midday on The Office and requests “Dave Matthews Band...deep tracks only!” Of course he gets Ants Marching and jams anyway.

I was in the car with my cousin three weeks ago (been to 10-12 shows and a few of them with me). I was the DD and the rest of the family was partying to whatever terrible party music is relevant. Out of nowhere he says “this one is for [Jayes]” and proceeds to play a 13 minute Typical.

Terrible terrible choice in that moment, but respect


I was on a road trip with two other guys, one of them used to go to a lot of shows with me but the other guy HATED the band. I asked him if we could listen to just one DMB track the entire trip and he conceded to just listen to one.

My pick was the 4/20/02 #41
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:27 PM   #326
SomeDevil17
 
SomeDevil17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post


I was on a road trip with two other guys, one of them used to go to a lot of shows with me but the other guy HATED the band. I asked him if we could listen to just one DMB track the entire trip and he conceded to just listen to one.

My pick was the 4/20/02 #41
Touché, imagine Boyd today and Rashawn doing that version now
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #327
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post


I was on a road trip with two other guys, one of them used to go to a lot of shows with me but the other guy HATED the band. I asked him if we could listen to just one DMB track the entire trip and he conceded to just listen to one.

My pick was the 4/20/02 #41


Heh, that’ll show em! Funny move, but you’re never getting the aux in that car again
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #328
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Heh, that’ll show em! Funny move, but you’re never getting the aux in that car again
To this day he still says he'll have his revenge for that but unless he finds a way for me to spend 32 minutes doing something I don't want to do I think I won.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.05681 seconds with 18 queries