These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #321
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

10 Years, 72 Shows, 0 Minarets - (Now 20 Years, 83 shows, 2 Kids & ONE Minarets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
My show count has been at a stand still for almost five years now.

It's weird in real life I'm embarrassed to say I've been to 30 DMB shows because it's way to many, but here I'm embarrassed because it's way too few

I hear that.

A good buddy of mine at my new job found out I’ve been to 41 DMB shows and constantly plays the worst picks during system checks or in the car with me here comes Samurai Cop! Here’s Crash! Here’s Dreamgirl! Here’s Stand Up!
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:35 AM   #322
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

I think it was Craig Ferguson that said something like "I quite like the Dave Matthews Band, I think they're very talented musicians, but I find that when I meet someone else who likes the Dave Matthews Band, I tend to not like them."
It's quite possible that if I catch you on a day you take a ghost shit where there's nothing to be wiped, the other 2 piles will smell much worse imo
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:42 PM   #323
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Quote:
My show count has been at a stand still for almost five years now.

It's weird in real life I'm embarrassed to say I've been to 30 DMB shows because it's way to many, but here I'm embarrassed because it's way too few
I hear that. I've been to 16 and just about everyone I know think it's weird. Then I go to a show and someone next to me is at 100+
Old 11-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #324
Jayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
I think it was Craig Ferguson that said something like "I quite like the Dave Matthews Band, I think they're very talented musicians, but I find that when I meet someone else who likes the Dave Matthews Band, I tend to not like them."

I always loved when Andy is skating by himself midday on The Office and requests “Dave Matthews Band...deep tracks only!” Of course he gets Ants Marching and jams anyway.

I was in the car with my cousin three weeks ago (been to 10-12 shows and a few of them with me). I was the DD and the rest of the family was partying to whatever terrible party music is relevant. Out of nowhere he says “this one is for [Jayes]” and proceeds to play a 13 minute Typical.

Terrible terrible choice in that moment, but respect
Old 11-21-2018, 01:26 PM   #325
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post

I always loved when Andy is skating by himself midday on The Office and requests “Dave Matthews Band...deep tracks only!” Of course he gets Ants Marching and jams anyway.

I was in the car with my cousin three weeks ago (been to 10-12 shows and a few of them with me). I was the DD and the rest of the family was partying to whatever terrible party music is relevant. Out of nowhere he says “this one is for [Jayes]” and proceeds to play a 13 minute Typical.

Terrible terrible choice in that moment, but respect

I was on a road trip with two other guys, one of them used to go to a lot of shows with me but the other guy HATED the band. I asked him if we could listen to just one DMB track the entire trip and he conceded to just listen to one.

My pick was the 4/20/02 #41
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:27 PM   #326
SomeDevil17

Quote:

I was on a road trip with two other guys, one of them used to go to a lot of shows with me but the other guy HATED the band. I asked him if we could listen to just one DMB track the entire trip and he conceded to just listen to one.

Touché, imagine Boyd today and Rashawn doing that version now
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #327
Jayes

Quote:

Heh, that’ll show em! Funny move, but you’re never getting the aux in that car again
Old 11-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #328
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Heh, that’ll show em! Funny move, but you’re never getting the aux in that car again
To this day he still says he'll have his revenge for that but unless he finds a way for me to spend 32 minutes doing something I don't want to do I think I won.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc