These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2021, 08:07 AM   #61
bassplayer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post

Itís a concert bro. If you wanna be scared, donít do it
Itís not about being scared. Itís reducing any risk of a band member needing to be out and canceling the tour or tour dates.
bassplayer22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:20 AM   #62
Tomacco

Quote:

Itís a concert bro. If you wanna be scared, donít do it
Or, bro, if any band member gets COVID, bro, dates get cancelled, bro. So, bro, how bout fuck off, bro.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:22 AM   #63
Poth Ead
Stay boring my friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Or, bro, if any band member gets COVID, bro, dates get cancelled, bro. So, bro, how bout fuck off, bro.
Poth Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:28 AM   #64
Steveo Style

Quote:
I highly doubt this tour will finish. Maybe thatís why they said fuck it same rig as 2019
They probably didnít have as much time as usual to plan out a whole new rig. I wasnít able to do any 2019 shows so itís all new to me at least.
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:35 AM   #65
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo Style View Post
They probably didnít have as much time as usual to plan out a whole new rig. I wasnít able to do any 2019 shows so itís all new to me at least.
they didnt have time? Lets ignore the fact that they had planned for a 2020 tour as usual and would have had a different rig then, how did they not have time this year like usual considering the tour started later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:01 PM   #66
Steveo Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
they didnt have time? Lets ignore the fact that they had planned for a 2020 tour as usual and would have had a different rig then, how did they not have time this year like usual considering the tour started later?
Iím not an expert. But perhaps they didnít know for sure if they were even going to be able to tour this year until just a few months ago. No idea how much planning has to go into this.
Old 07-22-2021, 12:06 PM   #67
greykitkat36

Itís also very possible they just really like the 2019 rig and wanted to use it again. Thereís no obligation they have to change the backdrop/rig every single year
Old 07-22-2021, 12:08 PM   #68
patsfan39

It would be the first year i can remember (since maybe 03-04) where the rig didnt change.

Quote:
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

Old 07-22-2021, 12:09 PM   #69
greykitkat36

Quote:
It would be the first year i can remember (since maybe 03-04) where the rig didnt change.
Thatís true, they usually do change it but doesnít mean they have to.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:29 PM   #70
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

I've never paid a lick of attention to the lights or videos
Old 07-22-2021, 01:38 PM   #71
blumathu

Yeah, my company is still working from home until October (if we even go back at that time). I imagine there is a good bit of that all over, making it challenging to assemble and test a new rig, when it's really not even that important. It's more green to re-use a rig for a few years anyway.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:46 PM   #72
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
I've never paid a lick of attention to the lights or videos
Same here, the rig, lights etc. never made a difference in the show to me at all, for me it's about the music and the songs. There have been rigs where it was over the top and a little distracting but it's not make or break in any way.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:53 PM   #73
Vorony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparker507 View Post
Girl apparently saw Carter in Raleigh and went to say hello, and his body guard quickly told her not to approach him lol. I'm thinking especially with covid still going on and absolutely no backstage passes for anyone this tour, any interactions are going to be that way now. Can't risk the boys getting anything.
Thatís interesting, because I saw a post on Instagram earlier where someone had met Dave on a hiking trail in Raleigh this week. Took a selfie with him and chatted for a few minutes. So maybe itís just Carter?
Vorony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #74
patsfan39

The random videos I agree. Also I can watch the band on TV on youtube so Im not too interested in that. But with my favorite rigs it was always about the lights. 2008 was really good with just one screen of the band behind them and focus on the lights.

The ones like 2007, 2009, 2012 or 2018 where there was too much going on i thought werent that great. They were too much about showing big images all over the place that was distracting.

Quote:

Old 07-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #75
Steveo Style

Quote:
Change isnít always a good thing. You should know that as a Pats fan
Old 07-22-2021, 01:57 PM   #76
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorony View Post
That’s interesting, because I saw a post on Instagram earlier where someone had met Dave on a hiking trail in Raleigh this week. Took a selfie with him and chatted for a few minutes. So maybe it’s just Carter?
Probably, the way Carter is always wearing gloves everywhere he goes makes me think he might be a huge germaphobe. Combine that with the pandemic situation we're in, I totally see why he'd be like that. Could also be that he just didn't have time that particular day, didn't want to be bothered that particular day etc.

He could still say hi though from a safe distance at least, don't have to get close or take pictures but you don't have to avoid fans like that either. All the Carter stories I've heard have been very hot and cold, he seems to be super friendly or just really dick depending on the day/time you catch him.

Dave is the nicest dude ever, the day before the 25th Anniversary CVille show he was down at Blenheim Winery himself and stopped to take pictures, shake hands and talk to pretty much everyone for well over an hour, and he seems always down to stop and at least say hi and take a quick picture with fans. Just how he's always been.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:02 PM   #77
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo Style View Post
Change isnít always a good thing. You should know that as a Pats fan
Ehh im not worried the Pats turned over their roster several times within the last 20 years and managed to do pretty well.

But it does remind me im not sure if my username is ever really the right one for this board. Im just terrible at picking screen names.

Quote:

Old 07-22-2021, 02:03 PM   #78
mrpeters
Lock it away inside myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayer22 View Post
Itís not about being scared. Itís reducing any risk of a band member needing to be out and canceling the tour or tour dates.
Dave was taking pictures with someone on a bike trail earlier today, so, take that for what you will.
mrpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:30 PM   #79
nolan8or
@GreyStreetPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
Dave was taking pictures with someone on a bike trail earlier today, so, take that for what you will.
That was my buddy who ran into him. Dave was on a jog and my friend was walking his dog and looked up and saw Dave running toward him. Had no idea he'd be there. Just imagine that happening to you! Said Dave was as nice as can be. They were also outside so I'm sure Dave wasn't too worried about Covid especially since he's vaxxed.
nolan8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:39 PM   #80
patsfan39

Yeah i mean i dont understand what that Carter story is about. Joe Lawlor has been posting hes out at restaurants, Rashawn posted pics of him and buddy with people at the hotel bar watching the NBA Finals, etc.

Although Rashawn did say he was in some sort of a 'bubble'. IDK what that means, but maybe because they are in the South they are worried about people being unvaxed and realize if someone in the band gets COVID that means a week of shows are probably cancelled.

Quote:

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc