These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #101
JWood
 
JWood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23,390
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #102
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 11,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylebond13 View Post
yeah uh tying "selling" to the last show is a bit...something.

anyways, they should have just given this to WH members or something. put it up for free download on DMBLive......but selling it 7 months after his death. I disagree
What is the cut off for when it is ok to sell this show? 2 months? a year? 5 years? You want it for free, go to dreamingtree.org

bottom line is they are a business. It doesn't matter what show it is. AND if they do what people consider to be the ultimate classy move and donate all the proceeds, that makes "selling" it a priority.

Or is it possible in some universe to promote sales going to a charity, while at the same time saying that making sales for this show important is a bit... something.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #103
kylebond13
soul singer in a session band
 
kylebond13's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
bottom line is they are a business. It doesn't matter what show it is. AND if they do what people consider to be the ultimate classy move and donate all the proceeds, that makes "selling" it a priority.

Or is it possible in some universe to promote sales going to a charity, while at the same time saying that making sales for this show important is a bit... something.
1. it does matter what show it is

2. they are a business, and a very successful one. they're not going to be on the street throwing rocks if one live release doesnt sell. sorry.

3. if sold, this would hardly be the first instance of profiteering

4. there is no cut off. fact of the matter is that leroi is dead and this is his last performance. id say it qualifies as unusual circumstances
__________________
Gorge 2007= Lawlorpalooza
kylebond13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:51 PM   #104
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
really? because they released 5 DMBlive shows at one time.
totally different
for starts that is not a cd that needs pressing
not all have the same number of channels to mix
a new site should have more then 1 thing to "kick start it"
and bottom line is we have no clue how long each one of those was being worked on
besides if they were working on them all at once they need to staop doing that because pretty much everyone had issues and blue note still has issues
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #105
JWood
 
JWood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 23,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
As for The Space Between, you could always pop in the Gorge version.
that mix sucks, and dave's voice is shot

i think everyone here can agree on that
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #106
CRUSHsoccer15
 
CRUSHsoccer15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, Texas From: Sittingbourne, England
Posts: 11,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily View Post
I think the chances are pretty good that they'll do something like that.
ya for sure.
__________________
John Dab
CRUSHsoccer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #107
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 11,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylebond13 View Post
1. it does matter what show it is

2. they are a business, and a very successful one. they're not going to be on the street throwing rocks if one live release doesnt sell. sorry.

3. if sold, this would hardly be the first instance of profiteering

4. there is no cut off. fact of the matter is that leroi is dead and this is his last performance. id say it qualifies as unusual circumstances
they are no longer their own business. They are owned by livenation and a lot more fucked up things have happened. It's not one bad sales release cuts your department, but you certainly want to keep them up.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #108
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 11,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
besides if they were working on them all at once they need to staop doing that because pretty much everyone had issues and blue note still has issues
come on. they so clearly were not ready to be put up. After they sold a thousand of these shows by accident, if they released fixed copies they would get complaints from every single person saying they wanted money back or a fresh download.

You're a better poster than this.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #109
3beamsoflight6
TDCya
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 3,370
hoepfully they'll get the mix right for Tim on SDL this time around.
3beamsoflight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #110
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
come on. they so clearly were not ready to be put up. After they sold a thousand of these shows by accident, if they released fixed copies they would get complaints from every single person saying they wanted money back or a fresh download.

You're a better poster than this.
??? what

imo its clear the shows were not suppose to be bought and the site was not ready to go live
if it was me (the business owner) and people bought unreleased and imperfect shows than thats their problem
if you want to have the shows be correct then you should wait till they are ready to be released and are released
you have not argument imo to redownload the show if you bought it before it was official

with that said they wouldn't have sold thousands if people knew it was not ready for release and had problems to begin with
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #111
orbs35
that's not sexy, bill
 
orbs35's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: uconn
Posts: 1,317
all i wanted to see released from this tour was a money, a sugar will, and a good sdl
orbs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #112
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 11,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
??? what

imo its clear the shows were not suppose to be bought and the site was not ready to go live
if it was me (the business owner) and people bought unreleased and imperfect shows than thats their problem
if you want to have the shows be correct then you should wait till they are ready to be released and are released
you have not argument imo to redownload the show if you bought it before it was official

with that said they wouldn't have sold thousands if people knew it was not ready for release and had problems to begin with
I agree with every point here. They probably have perfect copies of every single one of those shows and chose not to put them up afterward.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #113
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
I agree with every point here. They probably have perfect copies of every single one of those shows and chose not to put them up afterward.
sweet we agree on somethign today lol

seriously though as much as i and many others would like a 97 show or some other show its a show worth getting because its the last show with roi

i'm off to work on some dvd
peace
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #114
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 53,296
DMB fans bitch about everything and demand everything. WHy would they care if people asked for another download if they put up a fixed version? All the other bitching gets people nowhere.

I don't know why a fixed version of Blue Note hasn't been put up, but I don't think it is because they are mad that people downloaded the shows prior to an official release or because they don't want to deal with the complaints.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #115
scoot_14
mine is an evil laugh
 
scoot_14's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 606
Honestly...I used to get excited for every new live release (and download every show AUD during the tour) but at this point there have been so many releases that it has lost most of it's appeal to me.

I have nothing against the band trying to make money. I think they are genuinely trying to give people what they want.

I kind of miss the days when there was just Red Rocks, Listener Supported, Chicago and Folsom...when Live Trax 1 came out I couldn't have been more pysched but now there's too much saturation. I used to enjoy searching for shows online from traders too...before torrents
__________________
-Scott

"Get up on your hands and knees,underneath the poplar trees, digging through the sticks and stones, looking for store bought bones..."
scoot_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #116
Mersh
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 53,296
I don't care how many they release. If the show is good I always look forward to getting it.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #117
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,914
The plus side of all these different releases is there is something out there for everyone. There are still things to get excited about. DMBLive has me pretty excited so far.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #118
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 52,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I don't care how many they release. If the show is good I always look forward to getting it.
Agreed, but the more shows they release, the better chances of the really great ones getting out there, obviously.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #119
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,914
Picture is down, they're on to us.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #120
ThememanXX
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 33,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
Picture is down, they're on to us.
Run away!
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.05076 seconds with 14 queries