These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2021, 02:59 PM   #1201
gweeps
homesick android

7/22/14 electric set

Osw desperately needs a revamp.

So glad Dave finally ditched the Jimi scat. I dislike these things tremendously.

Man, Boyd is terrible here. I'm scared to listen to the iem.

I still love If Only. Shame it went away. Great we got a couple Riffs last year. Both songs are terribly underrated around here.

Last edited by gweeps; 01-16-2021 at 03:20 PM.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:08 PM   #1202
Koko the Monkey
Got Q?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
Dave & Tim 2/5/99 SBD.
There's a SBD source for this show?
Koko the Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:11 PM   #1203
patsfan39

I too am interested in the 99 SBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:25 PM   #1204
jeff1818

there's a copy on ants, so i assume this is cool to share. the copy on ants is missing watchtower, so i ended up ripping my cds that i've had forever.
[Only registered users can see links.]
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:11 AM   #1205
DIDO36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
7/22/14 electric set

So glad Dave finally ditched the Jimi scat. I dislike these things tremendously.

I still love If Only. Shame it went away. Great we got a couple Riffs last year. Both songs are terribly underrated around here.
I was at this show. This show was really good for that year. Decent acoustic set with a nice version of loving wings. I really wanted minarets. I had finally gotten it at 5/23/14 but in the acoustic set and it didn’t hit as hard. I figured they opened with it the show before Charlotte at WPB so I probably wouldn’t get it that night. They tease still water and I’m thinking well here comes a pretty standard DDTW opener. Then Dave started the muting. I jumped up and down lol. I love Minarets. Prior to this 2014 tour I thought for sure I would never see the song. It was pretty darn rare. Getting it twice in a row was special, and I was particularly excited it was in the electric set. I went from thinking I would never get see it, to getting it 3 shows in a row, and a total of 4 times. My last was 2016. Next was OSW. I loved this combo. Look I’m not a fan of the horns, but I always think the song is still good. Classic dmb. Rooftop/save me is whatever. Then Dave gets out the drop d. Prior to the show I actually had a feeling YNK maybe coming. I don’t think they played it in a few shows, so I felt like it may pop up again. I saw the guitar and thought here comes space and actually forgot YNK was played on that guitar too. Then boom YNK still caught me off guard even though I thought It was a possibility earlier. My first YNK and my last as well. Awesome moment. Next is Jane. Really nice 1- 2 punch. Jimi was next, and I rolled my eyes. This particular Jimi was hot. I loved this version, and I don’t remember Boyd being bad. Why I am/If only is whatever. I’m not a fan of If only at all. Think I rolled my eyes and sat down. Really hated that song at the time. Sometimes DMB is like being a fan of a sports team. Not everything is going to be great, and sometimes even frustrating, but at the end of the day it’s still your favorite team. The ending run from Warehouse to GS is classic with The Rift in between. The Rift was always one of my favorite songs from AFTW and my first time catching it. Also the last time it was played until 2019 I think. So it’s pretty rare these days.

Dave got the weird tuned guitar out again (I think I called it drop D above but I’m too lazy to fix it) and this time I knew it was SB. I’m really ok with Space Between as an E1. Still water was nice and DDTW is a nice closer. I think it’s pretty rare in the encore or as a closer, but I’ve seen it close a few times, and seen it within the encore but not as a closer on 5/22/18 DDTW>Grey Street.
7/22/14 was a fun time and probably one of my better 3.0. shows. Man do I miss live music. Typing all that out makes me want to go to a show so bad.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:13 PM   #1206
sean52692
You failed this band

That 7/22/14 Minarets is hot. YouTube warmup video. I wish they had kept the Still Water prelude on it though.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:54 AM   #1207
Huff

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
you don't have to tell me. That's my tour. In the middle of putting together a compilation for my personal listening pleasure.
My favorite Pigs were from summer 99. Carter's drums seemed to hit a little more aggressive at just the right moments of those versions.

Operation Halloween 2008 = SUCCESS
Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:04 PM   #1208
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
7/22/14 electric set

2014/2015 were so incredibly inconsistent. In a given night you'd have the worst performance of a song ever, and then a top notch performance that competes with some of the best from the decade. I think that tour is what made DMB realize they really needed to shake things up.. I think that helped lead to getting rid of Boyd, adding keys back in the mix and writing new material. I think If Only is super underrated, but it wasn't great live..Dave had trouble singing it most nights and it dragged on for eternity. It really needed a sax solo at the end or something. It's still in my top 3 on tracks on AFTW though.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:07 PM   #1209
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
My favorite Pigs were from summer 99. Carter's drums seemed to hit a little more aggressive at just the right moments of those versions.
I think '02 is the peak year for Pig. It really doesn't get much better than that, the one from the gorge box set is one of my favorites. Although it sounded really damn good the last few years too with Tim back as well. A song that I'd take every night in pretty much any era though.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:00 PM   #1210
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I think '02 is the peak year for Pig. It really doesn't get much better than that, the one from the gorge box set is one of my favorites. Although it sounded really damn good the last few years too with Tim back as well. A song that I'd take every night in pretty much any era though.
I've seen 105 shows. Wish I'd seen Pig that many times.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:22 PM   #1211
DIDO36

Quote:
4/4/02 is a great Pig
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 02:59 PM   #1212
jeff1818

I've been on a Dave-solo kick today. NP: Gorgeous SBD from 5/2/92

1: Dancing Nancies
2: Recently
3: Cry Freedom
4: Song That Jane Likes
5: Watchtower
6: Lover Lay Down
7: Minarets
8: Best of What's Around
9: Warehouse
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:02 PM   #1213
ThememanXX

Just started 9/15/00; it can't be overstated that these September 2000 shows are just pure bliss.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:05 PM   #1214
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Just started 9/15/00; it can't be overstated that these September 2000 shows are just pure bliss.
The fact we haven't had a single one released is really appalling. It's gotta be top priority.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:08 PM   #1215
dmb1981

Quote:
The fact we haven't had a single one released is really appalling. It's gotta be top priority.
We’ll get one..
Old 01-21-2021, 08:29 PM   #1216
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
We’ll get one..
Yeah, I mean at this point I really don't care if it's the worst Sept '00 show, just give us one. Cause the even the worst one is better than almost all the releases the past decade. I mean the setlists alone from that run are just ridiculous

09/10/00 (just as an example I mean, christ)

The Stone
Drive In Drive Out
Grey Street
Don't Drink the Water
Busted Stuff
The Song That Jane Likes
For the Beauty of Wynona
Too Much »
Crash into Me
JTR
Grace Is Gone
Warehouse
Jimi Thing
Two Step
-----------------------------------
Digging a Ditch
Pantala Naga Pampa »
Rapunzel
Old 01-21-2021, 08:35 PM   #1217
greykitkat36

09/13/00 would probably be my first choice:

The Stone
The Best of What's Around
So Much to Say »
Anyone Seen the Bridge »
Too Much [fake] »
Ants Marching
Bartender
Raven
The Song That Jane Likes »
One Sweet World
Drive In Drive Out
Lie in Our Graves (w/Bela)
Jimi Thing (w/ Entire Flecktones)
Grey Street
Too Much
-----------------------------------
I'll Back You Up
JTR
Old 01-21-2021, 09:21 PM   #1218
dmb2much40

Jason has the right idea, 9/15 & 9/16 are the best. But I’d take any of them.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:23 PM   #1219
jsandr
sometimes your well is dry

Quote:
Pig will always be a top 5-er for me. Always welcome. Will never tire of hearing it. Always loved it when I got it as an E1 in 1998. Perfect.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:04 PM   #1220
gweeps
homesick android

Love those Dave and Tim Pigs we got, and the recent Dave solo version.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc