These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2017, 09:28 AM   #61
Minarets
so damn interesting.

Really curious as to what Dave's motivation is? He is loaded. He doesn't need money. Does he just like to travel? Too antsy to stay at home?

I expect a big bump in Nashville zoo traffic in the upcoming weeks. He talked about it throughout the show. Maybe he lies taking the kids all around?

It has to get boring even for him to play the same stuff.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:32 AM   #62
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarets View Post
But he gets paid either way. I'm not saying that's his only motivation, but it's a hell of a way to spend a summer vacation.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #63
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
But he gets paid either way. I'm not saying that's his only motivation, but it's a hell of a way to spend a summer vacation.
Yup. It's what he's always done. He obviously enjoys it. And he can keep getting paid to do it at 1/4 speed.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:50 AM   #64
CRUSHsoccer15

Just got to work in Houston after a 6am flight. Enjoyed the shows, about what I expected setlist wise. Going in with little/no expectation of something crazy is a good thing.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:55 AM   #65
typsitch
setlist communist by necessity

Yup, going into a show with any expectations of being surprised or impressed with something unique or special is surely a losing strategy.

/sad
typsitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:00 PM   #66
mja271

Which is exactly why I would never pay $90 to go see D&T/DMB these days. That's way too much to be going into the show expecting it to not be very good and hoping to be surprised. There are plenty of other great bands that are a fraction of the cost and consistently deliver an awesome live experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:19 PM   #67
d.m.bfan222
Nothing beats BTCS

While I absolutely agree with the set staleness for most shows, I do think the $90 price point is reasonable for the Orchestra when you look at comparable acts. Of course you can see better music for less, but that's probably true for most acts of DMB's size.
d.m.bfan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:35 PM   #68
mja271

Yea my statement was more my personal feelings on the value of the show as opposed to whether or not it's in line with other acts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:24 PM   #69
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

The price of other acts don't really matter if none of us are seeing them. We know DMB, D&T, etc. $90 for this is not worth it. They shouldn't be doing repeats and the piano shouldn't even be on the road. Put some effort into it guy.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:31 PM   #70
patsfan39

If people are paying it, then isnt it worth it?

Regardless, agreed sets over the weekend werent anything special. Im actually surprised they are off until 5/30 feels weird to go out for basically 4 dates.

Wish there was more to get excited for at this point, but im looking forward to seeing some guests join D&T later in the tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Hey! This has already been addressed here by others. No dancing! You will sit quietly in your seat throughout the performance!
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:32 PM   #71
Steveo Style
"American Baby"

I visit a DMB message board every day. No way I'm not seeing them play once a year, even if it's $90 instead of $60.
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #72
CRUSHsoccer15

i'd say the value is pretty damn good at $90 in 2017
Old 05-08-2017, 02:28 PM   #73
always40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarets View Post
Really curious as to what Dave's motivation is? He is loaded. He doesn't need money. Does he just like to travel? Too antsy to stay at home?

I expect a big bump in Nashville zoo traffic in the upcoming weeks. He talked about it throughout the show. Maybe he lies taking the kids all around?

didn't we get some indication that dave wasn't happy with the album they were working on? in the back of my mind, I guess I was assuming part of the reasoning for the d&t tour would be to just work on some new stuff with tim. not sure he'd venture to road test new material, but would be easier in a d&t setting I would think...

if spending a summer with tim leads to some good new stuff though, even if it is behind the scenes, I'm ok with that. having said that, it sure would be nice if they end up digging deeper in the catalogue for the shows.
always40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:55 PM   #74
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo Style View Post
I visit a DMB message board every day. No way I'm not seeing them play once a year, even if it's $90 instead of $60.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSHsoccer15 View Post
i'd say the value is pretty damn good at $90 in 2017
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #75
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
[Only registered users can see links.]
Thanks, Mike!
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:39 PM   #76
Steveo Style
"American Baby"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
For all of the hours I put into a DMB site and checking on news/setlists, if I didn't see at least 1 show per year, I have to re-evaluate my priorities.
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:15 PM   #77
klillyblad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUSHsoccer15 View Post
Just got to work in Houston after a 6am flight. Enjoyed the shows, about what I expected setlist wise. Going in with little/no expectation of something crazy is a good thing.
Agreed. I had a really good time. The acoustics were great there and lawn was way less annoying than I'd thought it would be. Highlights were Grace, Warehouse, Nancies, Say Goodbye, Stone, Rapunzel, Minarets, YMDT (really like this D&T), and Tim's second song N2 (High Energy D).

For anyone interested, I'm uploading all the 2017 shows here:
[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 05-08-2017, 04:30 PM   #78
NewAgedNerd

The sets look decent, they could be playing better stuff but they aren't. Oh well.
NewAgedNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:42 AM   #79
greykitkat36

Regarding stale sets, it's always been that way. Only certain venues are given special treatment and are the only times we should expect a good run. If Mann and SPAC don't deliver, then I'll be on board with the stale sets thing. Seriously though, there should absolutely not be any repeats on s two night stand.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:17 PM   #80
sean52692
Ten steps ahead of you

I was there both nights in Nashville. N1 was exactly how it looked - very standard but enjoyable D&T fair. Warehouse stood out to me (great intro), #41 was truly exciting and fun with a sax guest that looked exactly like a Latino Jeff with glasses and a hat on, and an awesome Tim solo Manfood.

Getting bombed on Broadway after the show was amazing. Nashville is an incredible town. Great time.

N2 I had my expectations high - thought something like BOWA, Seek Up, Dodo, Help Myself, or Cry Freedom could be in the mix. Alas, really no surprises all night, but a pretty damn good setlist. Fool To Think is really enjoyable with two acoustic guitars - there's a lot Dave does there that's hard to notice when he plays it on the electric.

Worried Man Blues was the song Dave seemed to enjoy the most that night, he was really into it. Solid Stone/Billies (Nature)/LITHOG run.

YMDT and Rapunzel both fit into the Fool To Think category for me - songs I've seen a lot but had a refreshed energy to them with D&T.

#41 Say Goodbye, I'll take that in any format I can possibly get. No problem with a #41 repeat. Minarets was one of my huge highlights, half scat intro and Timmy played a lot of what the sax and violin usually play, which was a cool addition. Samurai Cop fits really well into the mix as well, I really think that song is worlds better when Dave plays it on the acoustic.

Tim's improv/High Energy D might have been the highlight of the night, in all honesty. He utilized his looping pedal and did all sorts of cool stuff. The crowd started off sitting down during this song but Tim was able to get everyone to their feet cheering and yelling him on. Awesome.

To me, solid **** show. A surprise tour debut or something would have really been icing on the cake and made this one a lot more memorable.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc