These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 11:13 PM   #241
brian3641

Oh, ok. Thanks for the answer.
At the Riverbend gathering Boyd said "Anyone got some fucking cookies?" A minute later someone hands him a box of Oreos. He proceeds to sign it and hands it back. Guy says, "I thought you wanted some cookies?" Boyd says, "Shit man! Cookies are fucking awesome!"
brian3641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:34 PM   #242
dmb6743
RUM HAMMM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
I get it as well. You may or may not remember me on Amidreaming. I posted just as monstrously as he did, although I wasn't quite as much an ass as he. (My revisionist history probably.) But it's still a pain having to deal with it all these years later when I've mostly grown out of such nonsense.

Hindsight's a bitch.
Dude you were the only reason I was on Amidreaming with all those mp3's you would post. Not sure if I posted a ton over there, but I definitely remember those days

Backreading this thread is pure entertainment.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #243
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb6743 View Post
Dude you were the only reason I was on Amidreaming with all those mp3's you would post. Not sure if I posted a ton over there, but I definitely remember those days
Hey, thanks.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #244
wiebrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh View Post
Neither did I, I was a small player at the Bridge, but got more involved at AmI. I had names at Nancies and Ants too, but never got involved there. I just passed 100 posts at Ants, while TDC was on hiatus.

My favorite memories are going back to the DMBML. That shit makes me feel old.
I was on Nancies for just a little while also, and you are 100% correct, there were a lot of great memories of DMBML. It does make you feel old. Good stuff back then.
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #245
willndmb

With spencer gone this place is much better, he added nothing IMO
Jay does a kick ass job with videos and anyone who does video work knows that he adds a lot and spends a lot of time doing it but he has not contributed 90% nor did he have anything to do with the bands success like the early tapers did.
Justin shouldn't be put in the same category as spencer either
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #246
Poth Ead
Stay boring my friends...

I didn't realize that douchebag was banned. I usually ignored his posts anyway
Poth Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #247
That's it, Sir.
I understand.

Thanks for getting TDC back up and running and thanks for the arcade. Lots of improvements going on here.
That's it, Sir. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #248
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren

I learned to enjoy Spence but there were definitely a couple times where I'd post something and he'd straight up go into attack mode. One time I used the word "gay" and you would think I abolished homosexuality (my sister is gay and I gave a speech at a friends' commitment ceremony that didn't leave a dry eye in the house).

I don't want to talk shit on the kid, especially if he comes back and has a bone to pick, but I can't help think something is off in his personal life. I checked out his twitter and saw that he harasses D list celebrities, but he also mentioned, in a contemplative manner, that he spent too much time on this board so it was good to step away for awhile. Unhappy people tend to take it out on others and an internet message board is a great punching bag for their unhappiness.
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #249
dmb6743
RUM HAMMM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Hey, thanks.
I also completely forgot about Nancies. I think I wrote my first concert review on there back in '03 (I *think*), but I definitely remembered checking it out before really starting out at Ants. I vividly remember only sort of liking the band until I watched the Central Park stream and the Nancies was what absolutely sold me. I was blown away and have been in love ever since.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #250
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!

God Damn, I just had to read through 2 pages of bullshit on why Spence is a deush....and I already knew that, I want those 10 minutes of my life back please.

On side note, the hardass act doesn't work online, you are freaking hiding behind a computer screen, anyone can be a dick, its pointless. This is aimed at those guys lately being dicks for no reason, just drop that act its tiring.
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #251
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor2531 View Post
I learned to enjoy Spence but there were definitely a couple times where I'd post something and he'd straight up go into attack mode. One time I used the word "gay" and you would think I abolished homosexuality (my sister is gay and I gave a speech at a friends' commitment ceremony that didn't leave a dry eye in the house).

I don't want to talk shit on the kid, especially if he comes back and has a bone to pick, but I can't help think something is off in his personal life. I checked out his twitter and saw that he harasses D list celebrities, but he also mentioned, in a contemplative manner, that he spent too much time on this board so it was good to step away for awhile. Unhappy people tend to take it out on others and an internet message board is a great punching bag for their unhappiness.

When I was in college/law school, I spent way too much time boarding on various baseball and NFL sites. Got banned from a few, had a lot of laughs. Racked up a post counts that would have made any girl instantly repulsed if she became aware.

I don't think I had a poor personal life -- I just had a lot of free time and a really "who gives a fuck" attitude. Plus, it was better than paying attention in Federal Tax class. That's the internet for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #252
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedisdone81 View Post
God Damn, I just had to read through 2 pages of bullshit on why Spence is a deush....and I already knew that, I want those 10 minutes of my life back please.

On side note, the hardass act doesn't work online, you are freaking hiding behind a computer screen, anyone can be a dick, its pointless. This is aimed at those guys lately being dicks for no reason, just drop that act its tiring.
Spence is German?
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #253
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

When I was in college/law school, I spent way too much time boarding on various baseball and NFL sites. Got banned from a few, had a lot of laughs. Racked up a post counts that would have made any girl instantly repulsed if she became aware.

I don't think I had a poor personal life -- I just had a lot of free time and a really "who gives a fuck" attitude. Plus, it was better than paying attention in Federal Tax class. That's the internet for you.
No one with a poor personal life thinks they have a poor personal life though.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #254
brian3641

I've been seeing quite a few posters that I haven't seen in awhile/never seen before. I wonder what that's due to?
At the Riverbend gathering Boyd said "Anyone got some fucking cookies?" A minute later someone hands him a box of Oreos. He proceeds to sign it and hands it back. Guy says, "I thought you wanted some cookies?" Boyd says, "Shit man! Cookies are fucking awesome!"
Old 08-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #255
JustinC

Must be in your mind. Because everyone I've seen posting are regular or semi-regular posters.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #256
brian3641

I've seen a few in nDMBc that are unfamiliar to me even though they have a lot of posts.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #257
deedisdone81
Bite My Dick Motherfucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Spence is German?
Touche
deedisdone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #258
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Don't be a dumbass about it. And don't quote me and continue to act like a dumbass. Just work on shutting the fuck up.

Got a chuckle out of this. Reminds me of:

After all these years, I kinda miss Spence.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:14 PM   #259
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

why'd the arcade go away?
Old 05-29-2017, 05:42 AM   #260
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
why'd the arcade go away?

I think people were jealous of my dominance....
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc