These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #201
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
You guys have an opinion that jay/billystv/copperpot is this god like figure, that is keeping DMB relevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
Nobody's claiming he's a god....

handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #202
Mitch

Quote:
You guys have an opinion that jay/billystv/copperpot is this god like figure, that is keeping DMB relevant.

My opinion is that he is not.
I don't know who you're grouping in that "you guys". It's certainly not me, and I don't see anybody giving him god-like status. Although drummer went too far in his assessment I just thought, along with most anyone else who read it, that your statement "take away his videos and he's just a regular poster" was an asinine thing to say.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #203
Mersh

Quote:

Did Mersh buy you dinner before you let him put his balls in your mouth?
In all fairness, that is a pretty loose example of sucking someone's balls. Given your history with spence and all. I have no problem with you, but Josh has a bit of a point. This whole discussion is a good example of what he is talking about.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #204
drummerkrf

Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I don't know who you're grouping in that "you guys". It's certainly not me, and I don't see anybody giving him god-like status. Although drummer went too far in his assessment I just thought, along with most anyone else who read it, that your statement "take away his videos and he's just a regular poster" was an asinine thing to say.
What can I say? I like to argue in extremes...
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #205
mario

Quote:
Oh look the guy that more than half the board hates has chimed in. But this is a terrible post because I don't really give a shit what you think. Outside of embedding his videos the guy offers nothing more than anyone else on this board which is an opinion.
That is impressive. Each sentence in this paragraph amounts to its own, distinct, logical fallacy. I'm not sure its possible to make a more meritless post if you were actually trying to do so.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #206
TheSniper26

I think I'd probably have a stronger opinion about the BillysTV thing if his videos weren't still easily accessible on youtube. Kind of makes it a non-issue to me.

On a side note, I love the general antagonistic tone of the "Welcome Back" thread.
TheSniper26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #207
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
It's like that movie Fallen -- Spence touched someone on the way out the door and his spirit lives on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #208
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
Nobody's claiming he's a god....

But when the guy is solely responsible for 90% of the live videos floating around out there... he's just as important to this band's success as all the tapers of the early 90s...

Its kind of nice to have that around...
OK... that might be a bit over the top. The guy contributes something worthwhile is my point.

Right now I'd say Spence >> Justin. Spence actually delivered a good debate at times, even if it had the constant undertone of "I'm right but I'll suffer your idiocy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Spence is a very conscientious poster.*

(*If you eliminate 65,000 of his posts)
Nice
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #209
JustinC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
In all fairness, that is a pretty loose example of sucking someone's balls. Given your history with spence and all. I have no problem with you, but Josh has a bit of a point. This whole discussion is a good example of what he is talking about.
Well if I'm gonna continually get called Spence jr or whatever, might as well act the part.

Because the fact is I don't really care. Josh.0 can keep up his sad obsession with constantly talking about it but his self inflated opinion is worthless to me. He's just a random guy on a DMB message board who thinks he's a comedian.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #210
drummerkrf

Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #211
JustinC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
That is impressive. Each sentence in this paragraph amounts to its own, distinct, logical fallacy. I'm not sure its possible to make a more meritless post if you were actually trying to do so.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #212
Mersh

Quote:
Well if I'm gonna continually get called Spence jr or whatever, might as well act the part.
You do whatever you have to do man.

Quote:
Because the fact is I don't really care. Josh.0 can keep up his sad obsession with constantly talking about it but his self inflated opinion is worthless to me. He's just a random guy on a DMB message board who thinks he's a comedian.
Ok, I don't know what you guys have going on, I was just talking about this thread/discussion. Being this upset about it is caring about it while tanking on others for caring too much (and I'd bet this whole thing is being relayed elsewhere..with people reiterating that they don't care and people who take this seriously are lame). That and the same overstatements that people may being making about billys are implied with the loss of spence...what will the board do...but I might be mixing threads.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #213
Mersh

I mean, you like Phish so you already aren't Spence.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #214
gweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
It's like that movie Fallen -- Spence touched someone on the way out the door and his spirit lives on.
Let's not drag that wonderful film into the discussion!
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #215
gweeps

Quote:
Ok, I don't know what you guys have going on, I was just talking about this thread/discussion. Being this upset about it is caring about it while tanking on others for caring too much (and I'd bet this whole thing is being relayed elsewhere..with people reiterating that they don't care and people who take this seriously are lame). That and the same overstatements that people may being making about billys are implied with the loss of spence...what will the board do...but I might be mixing threads.
It's insanity.

I'm not sorry Fiddy's gone. Trying to have a reasonable conversation with him was near impossible. So, for me, his contributions were slight. What's there to miss?
Old 07-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #216
wiebrod

Work is getting in the way of things for me. I've been gone for the past 3 days and come back to find Spence is no longer around and then get to enjoy some of the back reading of this thread.
wiebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:58 PM   #217
batleon

Quote:
I mean, you like Phish so you already aren't Spence.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #218
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
It's insanity.

I'm not sorry Fiddy's gone. Trying to have a reasonable conversation with him was near impossible. So, for me, his contributions were slight. What's there to miss?
I can't really criticize I suppose. I did the same thing when I was his age. I had a crap job which meant I spent most of my day on the boards (regardless how little time each post takes to make racking up that many posts means you are here all day) and I was mostly a dick...I get it.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:33 PM   #219
JamSession v2.0
Blue myself.

Oh, Spence is gone? Good luck to him, I suppose.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:35 PM   #220
gweeps

Quote:
I can't really criticize I suppose. I did the same thing when I was his age. I had a crap job which meant I spent most of my day on the boards (regardless how little time each post takes to make racking up that many posts means you are here all day) and I was mostly a dick...I get it.
I get it as well. You may or may not remember me on Amidreaming. I posted just as monstrously as he did, although I wasn't quite as much an ass as he. (My revisionist history probably.) But it's still a pain having to deal with it all these years later when I've mostly grown out of such nonsense.

Hindsight's a bitch.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc