These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #161
inmytree
Hey Gee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
So people that came here to talk about the band in DMBc were driven away by what was going on in nDMBc?

Not sure I get that. No one was forcing them to venture into nDMBc.
Yeah, agreed. I think if you're actually letting something on an internet message board get to you, you're taking it too seriously. That would go for spence or any other poster or post.
inmytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #162
Mersh

Quote:
Ya if you are really driven away from a message board by one person then a message board isn't a place for you.

Also I think most of the people that don't come here anymore are people that just hoped off the DMB express train.
The spence PAC talking points.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #163
Mersh

I'm just having some fun by the way...before anyone gets upset.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #164
JustinC

If I got upset then I couldn't be a member of the Spence PAC
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #165
gweeps

Welcome back, Mersh!
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #166
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I have a feeling that Jay will return here again.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #167
mario

Quote:
Ya if you are really driven away from a message board by one person then a message board isn't a place for you.
This is a pretty terrible argument. Whether or not they were "fit for a message board" doesn't have anything to do with whether the message board would be better off with them active. Copperpot being the ultimate example.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:11 AM   #168
batleon

Quote:
It's not like he stopped making the videos because of him. Take away the videos and he is just a regular poster like everybody else.
I hope you realize how stupid that sentence is. Not trying to pick a fight but that is a terrible argument.

Quote:
Spence may have been one person but the dude was relentless about certain things. One person can absolutely ruin something for someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I'm just having some fun by the way...before anyone gets upset.
Hmmm... well played joke followed by this comment... yeah, looks like we have Mersh back again.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #169
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
I hope you realize how stupid that sentence is. Not trying to pick a fight but that is a terrible argument.
It's "Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln" logic.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #170
Welsh
Would you play by the rules?

See! The place is already better with Mersh back. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbphan1
As long as they can suck the rust off a trailer hitch, its all good to me.
Welsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #171
mjf

Quote:
Eh, that's only part true. I agree if you get really butthurt all the time from a single person, message boards (and pretty much life) isn't for you. I did slow down reading the forums though for awhile when he had the highest # of posts in almost every single thread... and usually twice as much as the 2nd highest poster in that thread. I'm sure I'm exaggerating- but it felt like this forum became 50% of his opininon, 25% of users arguing with him or defending themselvs, and 25% the rest normal conversation. The lowest point was when people started putting disclaimers before all their opinions before they posted

I agreed with most of what he posted, and thought it was funny how butthurt people got sometimes. But I don't wanna read one persons opinion 65,000+ fucking times
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:06 AM   #172
drummerkrf

Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf View Post
Spence, if you're reading this as a guest, don't get offended when I say this, but that's only part true. I agree if you get really butthurt all the time from a single person, message boards (and pretty much life) isn't for you. I did slow down reading the forums though for awhile when he had the highest # of posts in almost every single thread... and usually twice as much as the 2nd highest poster in that thread. I'm sure I'm exaggerating- but it felt like this forum became 50% of his opininon, 25% of users arguing with him or defending themselvs, and 25% the rest normal conversation. The lowest point was when people started putting disclaimers before all their opinions before they posted

I agreed with most of what he posted, and thought it was funny how butthurt people got sometimes. But I don't wanna read one persons opinion 65,000+ fucking times

Fixed.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:17 AM   #173
Josh.0

Mersh hit the nail on the head.

Spence and the Spence PAC were great at pointing out people who took the Internet too seriously...until you started piling on one of them or shared an opinion they didn't like. Then suddenly the Internet was SERIOUS BUSINESS.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #174
holdyouclose

I bet it's killing him that's he's lurking and can't be his condescing self and spew non-sense on how everyone is wrong....
holdyouclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #175
batleon

He could just easily create an alter, couldn't he? Though I don't think that would be his style.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #176
Mitch

Quote:
It's not like he stopped making the videos because of him. Take away the videos and he is just a regular poster like everybody else.
wut? That's a ridiculous thing to say. Yeah, take away Babe Ruth's baseball ability and he was just a fat guy. Obviously, the videos are Jay's significant contribution.

I love when people say stuff like this. Like in baseball, "take away the first 3 months and he was pretty average this season", yeah but um those 3 months happened and count. Or take away that they played Blue Water, Last Stop, Typical, Recently, and Two Step and it was a meh show. Why do people take away pretty significant actual things and then try to re-assess? So silly.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #177
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
wut? That's a ridiculous thing to say. Yeah, take away Babe Ruth's baseball ability and he was just a fat guy. Obviously, the videos are Jay's significant contribution.

I love when people say stuff like this. Like in baseball, "take away the first 3 months and he was pretty average this season", yeah but um those 3 months happened and count. Or take away that they played Blue Water, Last Stop, Typical, Recently, and Two Step and it was a meh show. Why do people take away pretty significant actual things and then try to re-assess? So silly.
I've always wondered the same thing. Especially in baseball arguments. People cherry pick data all the time to support their argument.

"Well, Buchholz IS an elite pitcher. Take away the four months on the DL and you have one of the best pitchers in baseball..."

Well, no shit Einstein, but unfortunately you have to PLAY consistently to be considered among the best. Otherwise you're just among the best of those who don't play consistently which isn't helpful over the course of 162 regular reason games and upwards of 20 playoff games.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #178
drummerkrf

Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Ergo,

Take away the 34,986 videos that he's put together for not only this community, but all of the band's fandom out there...

and he's just another guy that buys tickets to the shows....
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #179
Josh.0

BTW, Boyd is an AMAZING violinist.*

(*If you eliminate all the times he sucked)
Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #180
Josh.0

Spence is a very conscientious poster.*

(*If you eliminate 65,000 of his posts)

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc