These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #221
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
I would look into that if I gave a shit what random people on the Internet think of me.

If you give a shit what random people on the Internet think of you, you might want to take a deeper look at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I may not always agree with the guy, but I have never wanted to fight him. That'd be some serious anger issues. Having said that, I don't think mario gives a shit what strangers on the internet think of him.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #222
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
I would look into that if I gave a shit what random people on the Internet think of me.

If you give a shit what random people on the Internet think of you, you might want to take a deeper look at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I may not always agree with the guy, but I have never wanted to fight him. That'd be some serious anger issues. Having said that, I don't think mario gives a shit what strangers on the internet think of him.
I would hope that he didnt. I wouldn't. Just always seems like hes pushing someones buttons. Dude is very outspoken. I've never had a problem with him, just funny so many people have a problem with him.
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #223
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 15,444
Seriously folks, like Mersh said, mario is who he is, knows who he is, and seems perfectly comfortable with it. I've gotten into it with him too, but it's not that hard to take him with a grain of salt. If there really is a meet-up, I hope you two sit down and have a beer and talk about the best shows you've seen instead of throwing punches.
__________________
May you dine on weeds made bitter by the piss of drunkards.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #224
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Seriously folks, like Mersh said, mario is who he is, knows who he is, and seems perfectly comfortable with it. I've gotten into it with him too, but it's not that hard to take him with a grain of salt. If there really is a meet-up, I hope you two sit down and have a beer and talk about the best shows you've seen instead of throwing punches.
I really hope theres no meet up. I will request my username be deleted. Who wants to really be associated with "Dave Matthews Band fan murdered after altercation on website about bonus songs and a live trax release led to a meet up, which led to a beat up. Crash into me."
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12

Last edited by Jonas; 10-08-2014 at 01:14 PM.
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #225
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,219
I would request that my username be changed to: TDCmeetupleadtoabeatup
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:01 PM   #226
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 15,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
I really hope theres no meet up. I will request my username be deleted. Who wants to really be associated with "Dave Matthews Band fan murdered after altercation on website about bonus songs and a live trax release led to a meet up, which lead to a beat up. Crash into me."

seriously.
__________________
May you dine on weeds made bitter by the piss of drunkards.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #227
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,223
There will definitely not be a meetup. Sid Booker's was a joke for Philly people. It's this joint that's been there for decades, super lit up in neon, in the middle of the ghetto on Broad Street, so lots of people pass it but no one in their right mind stops there. And it's legit called Sid Booker's Stinger Lounge.

Just to be clear, here is a yelp review help to paint the picture:
Quote:
If you can get past the bullet-proof screen and the little lazy-susan they use to take in cash and serve up fried goodies, I recommend you stop by once in your life.

Oh, this place may be in what you consider the "ghetto" but it ain't cheap (honestly, if it were cheap, I'd be concerned about the ingredients they were using) so hit the ATM first.
...
Note: This is take-out only and you're going to have to wait on the corner or in your car for a bit while they get your order ready. Contrary to El S.' review, I don't think you're likely to get taken down in a drive-by here as there are usually lots of folks. But like any denizen of a city, I wouldn't be hoppin' in the car for shrimp at 11pm if I wasn't a card-carrying member of that particular 'hood.
There is also a "lounge"/bar inside. It's the kind of place where not every guy there is a an Entrepreneur [read: Pimp] but every guy there is dressed that way.

Some meathead southern hick walking in and asking if any has seen this dude Mario from the internet who he was supposed to meet here was about the funniest thing I could picture coming of this nonsense.
__________________

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:10 PM   #228
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,219
I'll never forget 10+ years ago sitting in the car waiting for my girlfriend to finish an interview at Temple and I had the pleasure of watching a legit pimp (coat, hat, cane) smack the shit out of one of his ladies right there on the street.

Philly!
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #229
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post

Some meathead southern hick walking in and asking if any has seen this dude Mario from the internet who he was supposed to meet here was about the funniest thing I could picture coming of this nonsense.

Glad to see you have a clear picture of people from the south...
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #230
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
I'll never forget 10+ years ago sitting in the car waiting for my girlfriend to finish an interview at Temple and I had the pleasure of watching a legit pimp (coat, hat, cane) smack the shit out of one of his ladies right there on the street.

Philly!
Shit! Was your mom ok?

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #231
Matthew Stafford
TDCya
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
There will definitely not be a meetup. Sid Booker's was a joke for Philly people. It's this joint that's been there for decades, super lit up in neon, in the middle of the ghetto on Broad Street, so lots of people pass it but no one in their right mind stops there. And it's legit called Sid Booker's Stinger Lounge.

Just to be clear, here is a yelp review help to paint the picture:


There is also a "lounge"/bar inside. It's the kind of place where not every guy there is a an Entrepreneur [read: Pimp] but every guy there is dressed that way.

Some meathead southern hick walking in and asking if any has seen this dude Mario from the internet who he was supposed to meet here was about the funniest thing I could picture coming of this nonsense.
Ah, there's that computer chair tough guy lingo. As long as you stick to the admittance of "I'm a tough ass on the internet because that's the only place I can get away with it" then that's fair enough. I don't spend a ton of time on here, it's just insanely frustrating every thread I open it's some bitch fest between you and *insert user* because you try to act like a hard ass. Just wanted to give you the chance to be that guy in person once, but obviously you are an online tough guy only. That's fair. We can move on.
Matthew Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #232
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Glad to see you have a clear picture of people from the south...
No, I just have a pretty clear picture of MatthewStafford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Stafford View Post
As long as you stick to the admittance of "I'm a tough ass on the internet because that's the only place I can get away with it" then that's fair enough. I don't spend a ton of time on here, it's just insanely frustrating every thread I open it's some bitch fest between you and *insert user* because you try to act like a hard ass. Just wanted to give you the chance to be that guy in person once, but obviously you are an online tough guy only. That's fair. We can move on.
Holy shit, I really hope this is just some sort of unfunny schtick.
__________________

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #233
Matthew Stafford
TDCya
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
No, I just have a pretty clear picture of MatthewStafford.



Holy shit, I really hope this is just some sort of unfunny schtick.
Ill PM ya when I'm up your way in a few weeks and you can find out for yourself. And I can see what you are in person. I asked a simple question because I haven't been following anything about a new album or whatever is on Amazon. Even following the link it didn't totally make sense outside of assuming Under the Table and Dreaming was a placeholder for a new album name. Instead of being a complete dick you could have simply explained it in probably lesser words than what you used. It's my fault for not being able to spend as much time on here as you and be able to keep up with every move this band makes. But since you wanted to be a complete dick about it I wanted to give you the chance to be that guy in person. But as you said, you won't do that in person because you wouldn't have your computer in front of you. Fair enough man.
Matthew Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #234
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
People want to fight people over the way they would handle a conversation about dmb in person.

DMB.
haven't laughed this hard on TDC in awhile.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #235
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,344
Dont do it, he'll touch your dick!
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #236
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Stafford View Post
Even following the link it didn't totally make sense outside of assuming Under the Table and Dreaming was a placeholder for a new album name. Instead of being a complete dick you could have simply explained it in probably lesser words than what you used.
Please, use less words than "Did you click the link?" to explain whatever it is you wanted explained to you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Stafford View Post
It's my fault for not being able to spend as much time on here as you and be able to keep up with every move this band makes. But since you wanted to be a complete dick about it I wanted to give you the chance to be that guy in person. But as you said, you won't do that in person because you wouldn't have your computer in front of you. Fair enough man.
First off, it's your fault because you lack reading comprehension. I don't even know what would lead a person to look at a message board thread titled "UTTAD Vinyl Re-Release 11/24/14", then click a link to an amazon page selling UTTAD on CD starting 11/24/14, and then decide that what must be happening is that Amazon is using an old album title as a placeholder for a new DMB album that they are selling. That's a level of compounding stupidity that I can't even wrap my mind around. And then, my complete response of "Did you read the link?" served as the impetus for you you to try to arrange to meet me in person and fight.

Maybe this is some sort of Dorian Gray situation, where all of the real Matthew Stafford's head injuries have been transferred onto you? Because you are exhibiting some classic symptoms of CTE.

Quote:
[Only registered users can see links.] include memory loss, confusion, impaired judgment, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, anxiety, suicidality, parkinsonism, and, eventually, progressive dementia.
I mean, you've checked off half of the list and the half you haven't clearly demonstrated here don't seem unlikely either.
__________________

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #237
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Please, use less words than "Did you click the link?" to explain whatever it is you wanted explained to you.




First off, it's your fault because you lack reading comprehension. I don't even know what would lead a person to look at a message board thread titled "UTTAD Vinyl Re-Release 11/24/14", then click a link to an amazon page selling UTTAD on CD starting 11/24/14, and then decide that what must be happening is that Amazon is using an old album title as a placeholder for a new DMB album that they are selling. That's a level of compounding stupidity that I can't even wrap my mind around. And then, my complete response of "Did you read the link?" served as the impetus for you you to try to arrange to meet me in person and fight.

Maybe this is some sort of Dorian Gray situation, where all of the real Matthew Stafford's head injuries have been transferred onto you? Because you are exhibiting some classic symptoms of CTE.

I mean, you've checked off half of the list and the half you haven't clearly demonstrated here don't seem unlikely either.

Are you kind of a short guy?
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #238
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,583
Sweet Jesucristo, wtf just happened in here....?

I thought this was going to be blown over by the time I came back in...
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #239
skippy
 
skippy's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 391
For a guy who doesnt care about what people on the internet think about him Mario spends a lot of time arguing with said people
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #240
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy View Post
For a guy who doesnt care about what people on the internet think about him Mario spends a lot of time arguing with said people
Damn Skippy.
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08694 seconds with 16 queries