These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #20081
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
I don't think Gotham is bad at all. I'm pretty intrigued by its potential although there are some spots where it's a bit overboard.
I think that alot of people misunderstand it. To me, it will never truly be about Batman, and I think alot of people think it is. Seems like to me it will always be about the Commish and how he came to be. I really hope he ends up having to kill Donal Logue though, and I love Donal.
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:11 PM   #20082
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,528
So... I know you guys don't care if I die down here in Dallas...

BUT...

Spoiler:
They just found another case of Ebola in a Dallas suburb's CareNow clinic... someone that claims to have been in contact with 'patient zero' that died earlier today. The news has been saying, since Monday, that this week is crucial because the incubation period for Ebola would have any new carriers' symptoms showing up this week... here's the first off-shoot from the original guy...

Its officially getting pretty scary.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #20083
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
So... I know you guys don't care if I die down here in Dallas...

BUT...

Spoiler:
They just found another case of Ebola in a Dallas suburb's CareNow clinic... someone that claims to have been in contact with 'patient zero' that died earlier today. The news has been saying, since Monday, that this week is crucial because the incubation period for Ebola would have any new carriers' symptoms showing up this week... here's the first off-shoot from the original guy...

Its officially getting pretty scary.
Someone should buy that guy season tickets to A and M.
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #20084
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Someone should buy that guy season tickets to A and M.
HA!

Seriously though... the local news is OJ-Simpsoning this 2nd guy's ambulance on the way to the hospital with a chopper cam.

[Only registered users can see links.]
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #20085
ggies
Sugar Will '04
 
ggies's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 7,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
So... I know you guys don't care if I die down here in Dallas...

BUT...

Spoiler:
They just found another case of Ebola in a Dallas suburb's CareNow clinic... someone that claims to have been in contact with 'patient zero' that died earlier today. The news has been saying, since Monday, that this week is crucial because the incubation period for Ebola would have any new carriers' symptoms showing up this week... here's the first off-shoot from the original guy...

Its officially getting pretty scary.
Crazy. Is it Contagion time yet?
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #20086
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,528
Its officially become pretty fucking scary... I'll say that much.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #20087
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
Its officially become pretty fucking scary... I'll say that much.
You said you were having headaches in that other thread...
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:23 PM   #20088
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
You said you were having headaches in that other thread...

drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #20089
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
I don't think Gotham is bad at all. I'm pretty intrigued by its potential although there are some spots where it's a bit overboard.
To me, it all feels so forced as in they spoon feed you what they feel is important to character development and the dialogue is downright laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
I think that alot of people misunderstand it. To me, it will never truly be about Batman, and I think alot of people think it is. Seems like to me it will always be about the Commish and how he came to be. I really hope he ends up having to kill Donal Logue though, and I love Donal.
It isn't/won't the creator even said as much (basically that the end of the series will be Bruce Wayne donning the cowl and cape)...it's about the rise of Commissioner Gordon through the ranks concurrent with how Batman comes to be, I think that's been well communicated. Just saying as a show, it's hokey. It's like, "Guys, we get it...Gordon is the shining beacon of good in Gotham and everyone else is scum." They just beat you over the head with it.
__________________
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:44 PM   #20090
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 26,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
HA!

Seriously though... the local news is OJ-Simpsoning this 2nd guy's ambulance on the way to the hospital with a chopper cam.

[Only registered users can see links.]
yeah, that's some incredibly scary shit
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #20091
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
To me, it all feels so forced as in they spoon feed you what they feel is important to character development and the dialogue is downright laughable.



It isn't/won't the creator even said as much (basically that the end of the series will be Bruce Wayne donning the cowl and cape)...it's about the rise of Commissioner Gordon through the ranks concurrent with how Batman comes to be, I think that's been well communicated. Just saying as a show, it's hokey. It's like, "Guys, we get it...Gordon is the shining beacon of good in Gotham and everyone else is scum." They just beat you over the head with it.
I get that. I just think that most people who know batman, and are just somewhat fans who've seen a few movies probably have no clue who the commish is. So I can kinda understand for alittle while that they'll need to shove it down the throats so that people will get that he was a tight ass and everyone else was cool.
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #20092
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
I get that. I just think that most people who know batman, and are just somewhat fans who've seen a few movies probably have no clue who the commish is. So I can kinda understand for alittle while that they'll need to shove it down the throats so that people will get that he was a tight ass and everyone else was cool.
Right on, I can see that but when folks see just how young Bruce is in the show, I hope no one would think that he's gonna be Batman any time soon!

PS - Balloonman?!?!?!
__________________
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #20093
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
yeah, that's some incredibly scary shit
Just watched the conclusion of the ambulance 'chase'.... They're wheeling him in to the same hospital that the original guy was at... Texas Health Presbyterian.

Freaky.
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #20094
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 26,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
Its officially become pretty fucking scary... I'll say that much.
Is it correct that I'm seeing that the new patient exhibiting symptoms is a deputy who accompanied county officials into the first guy's apartment who insisted on not wearing any protective mask/gloves?
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #20095
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,307
And that must be why flights to Dallas on Southwest are super cheap right now.
__________________
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #20096
drummerkrf
 
drummerkrf's Avatar
 
Home Run Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 5,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Is it correct that I'm seeing that the new patient exhibiting symptoms is a deputy who accompanied county officials into the first guy's apartment who insisted on not wearing any protective mask/gloves?
WHAT? Where you seeing that?
drummerkrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:05 PM   #20097
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Is it correct that I'm seeing that the new patient exhibiting symptoms is a deputy who accompanied county officials into the first guy's apartment who insisted on not wearing any protective mask/gloves?
What the fucking stupid?
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #20098
ThememanXX
Ichiro is the New Giancarlo
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 26,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerkrf View Post
WHAT? Where you seeing that?
[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
WFAA has confirmed a vehicle roped off outside the clinic belongs to a deputy who accompanied county officials into the apartment where Duncan stayed in Dallas. The deputy was very vocal about not wearing protective gear during the visit.
(Posted that pic because, well, jesus christ )
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #20099
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,137
Who the fuck didnt just tell him to fuck off and go home?? That's more than just his dumbass fault. Goddam people are fuckin stupid
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #20100
Jonas
BLUFF
 
Jonas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grayson, GA
Posts: 3,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Right on, I can see that but when folks see just how young Bruce is in the show, I hope no one would think that he's gonna be Batman any time soon!

PS - Balloonman?!?!?!
I loved that. Reminded me of a fatality in mortal kombat.
__________________
-Adam
06.06.01, 07.08.02, 03.28.03 (I'm the reason Dave sang the Watermelon song), 03.29.03, 09.19.03, 09.20.03, 07.27.04, 08.15.06, 09.08.07 (Piedmont), 07.07.08, 08.01.08, 04.25.09, 04.29.09, 07.27.10, 05.22.12
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.15539 seconds with 23 queries