Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #13961
zaphod!
for josh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
Canada gave the world Poutine. I will forever be grateful
as a general rule - for extra reputation points - don't thank canada for poutine, thank quebec.
zaphod! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:30 PM   #13962
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
as a general rule - for extra reputation points - don't thank canada for poutine, thank quebec.
Whoever deserves a Nobel prize
Old 01-22-2021, 01:33 PM   #13963
mario

[Only registered users can see links.] .... covid-deniers, anti-vaxxers, insurrectionists.
A prominent right-wing activist from South Jersey who was seen on video in a mob of people barreling into police officers outside the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 has been charged in connection with the attack, federal authorities said Friday.

Stephanie Hazelton, of Medford, who also identifies herself as Ayla Wolf, [Only registered users can see links.] directing a crowd that was pushing through the building’s West Terrace entrance in an effort to breach the building. She repeatedly said to others “we need more men” and “we gotta keep going.”[...]

Hazelton’s LinkedIn says she’s the founder of New Jersey for Medical Freedom, the state chapter of an anti-vaccine network. She’s organized demonstrations against proposed legislation the Garden State, including a bill that would have required schoolchildren get a flu shot.

She was also a familiar face outside Atilis Gym, the Bellmawr facility [Only registered users can see links.] for flouting Gov. Phil Murphy’s pandemic-related restrictions.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:11 PM   #13964
zaphod!
for josh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
Whoever deserves a Nobel prize
i'm lucky to live in a small town outside montreal which has two of the most reputable poutine spots.

Spoiler:

one of them:
Old 01-22-2021, 02:18 PM   #13965
beitsaad
it must have been the roses

Quote:
i'm lucky to live in a small town outside montreal which has two of the most reputable poutine spots.

Spoiler:

one of them:
I am pretty sure when i went to Toronto I had some with Gavin and some others.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:40 PM   #13966
drh424s

Hmmmm

[Only registered users can see links.]
drh424s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:53 PM   #13967
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh424s View Post
Hmmmm

Hmmmm

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
Old 01-22-2021, 03:00 PM   #13968
mario

A US congressman has been l[Only registered users can see links.]
By [Only registered users can see links.] , he was a successful business owner headed to the Naval Academy before his injury tragically reordered his life. As it turns out, neither claim is true. The Asheville Watchdog reported that Cawthorn had already been [Only registered users can see links.] before his accident. And Cawthorn’s real-estate investment firm, SPQR Holdings LLC, which he only formed in August 2019, reported no income on its tax documents, and Cawthorn was the sole employee.
[...]

Multiple outlets reported that before he ran for office, Cawthorn was [Only registered users can see links.] . There is little detail, but according to Micah Bock, Cawthorn’s campaign communications director, he intended to compete in the 400-meter dash at the 2020 Paralympic Games in Tokyo.
[...]

Cawthorn stated on the [Only registered users can see links.] , “I had an opportunity for the Paralympics for track and field.” He did not have that opportunity, nor does it appear he took any meaningful steps that would have led him there. [...]

[Amanda McGrory, a three-time Paralympian who has earned seven medals in track and field...is the archivist and collections curator for the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee.] he told me: “You have to be involved in a team, usually your college or a local club. And then from there, you establish times at qualifying races, and then from there you get scouted.” Patrick Henry College, which Cawthorn attended for a semester before dropping out, doesn’t have a disabled sports program.

In addition to not being on a team, Cawthorn does not appear to have competed in any qualifying races.

[...]

In addition to being on a team and establishing times at qualifying races, prospective Paralympians need to be internationally classified. “The International Paralympic Committee, the IPC, they have a registry of athletes. You have to be on it to even compete internationally,” McGrory explained. People on the list are evaluated for severity of disability and sorted accordingly, in an attempt to make athletic competitions between people with different disabilities fairer. The list is [Only registered users can see links.] , and contains over 4,000 athletes from around the world. Cawthorn isn’t on it.
[...]

But what Cawthorn said on social media about his Paralympic training was often impossible, according to Siemann, McGrory, and multiple other former and current Paralympians. For example, in one post from May 2019, Cawthorn uses the hashtag “[Only registered users can see links.] .” In another [Only registered users can see links.] , Cawthorn mentions that he is going to the “US Open” in June. But McGrory told me, “There were no qualifying meets in 2019.” Both she and Siemann had no idea what the “US Open” in Cawthorn’s post could possibly refer to.

Quote:
Old 01-22-2021, 07:44 PM   #13969
zaphod!
for josh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beitsaad View Post
I am pretty sure when i went to Toronto I had some with Gavin and some others.
if i told you that i had philly cheese steak once when i visited florida, would you say that i've had a philly cheese steak? hit me up next time you're in montreal, you fucking heathen
Old 01-22-2021, 08:04 PM   #13970
gweeps
homesick android

Disgusting. [Only registered users can see links.]
Old 01-22-2021, 11:08 PM   #13971
gweeps
homesick android

Trump impeachment trial set for February 8th.
Old Yesterday, 01:30 AM   #13972
beitsaad

Quote:
if i told you that i had philly cheese steak once when i visited florida, would you say that i've had a philly cheese steak? hit me up next time you're in montreal, you fucking heathen
Haha. Fair point. I will for sure.
Old Yesterday, 01:31 AM   #13973
beitsaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Trump impeachment trial set for February 8th.
Waste of time...
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #13974
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by beitsaad View Post
Waste of time...
Agreed. I was in court just the other day explaining this to a Judge. I told him, "Your Honor, my client may or may not have killed that dude, but now that he's dead my client can never kill him again. It's a total waste of time to even bother with this trial."

And the Judge agreed and gave my client a commendation for excellence in lesson learning and asked for a post card from Florida.

Because that's how justice works!

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM   #13975
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Nothing has been burned yet, and cops have not been violently attacked. Nor are there people with M16s guarding full 12 blocks of streets. so far I'd say it's pretty clear why military was out and about vs this.
Two more men were [Only registered users can see links.] r during the violent Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol[...]

Prosecutors said in a statement that Jackson was seen on video punching a police officer as he tried to enter the Capitol building. He was later seen using a metal bat to strike a group of U.S. Capitol Police and Metropolitan Police Department officers[...]

Fairlamb was also seen punching a different officer as he tried to breach the building.

Video showed that Sabol was part of a group that grabbed a Metropolitan Police Department officer guarding against access to the interior of the Capitol building and dragged the officer down the stairs before striking the officer.

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM   #13976
gweeps
homesick android

Nothing to be suspicious of here, right? [Only registered users can see links.]
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM   #13977
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Nothing to be suspicious of here, right? [Only registered users can see links.]
What does "suspicious of" mean??

Quote:
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM   #13978
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
What does "suspicious of" mean??
Just what it means. Be alert. Don't forget previous Democrat administrations have also gotten up to shenanigans against their own people in the name of God, country, freedom, Democracy and "national security".
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #13979
zaphod!
for josh:

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc