These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 08:48 PM   #101
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
To be clear I am sure an album is coming in time for the tour. Just thought it seemed weird to Announce a new album in conjunction with tour dates, but not even know what the thing is going to be called yet. Odd promotion.
100% done so they could tie ticket sales to album sites and try to keep up the consecutive number one album sales farce.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:25 PM   #102
greykitkat36

At least these boards are active again. And AFTW was a terrible album. I know people want to like it, but itís pretty terrible. A couple of ok songs on it, but overall itís never lived past a couple plays for me. I played BW much more so. ďPutting finishing touchesĒ is definitely bad news because that means all of these horrible songs from the last few years are on it.

Dave did say they have enough material to put out 3 albums so maybe thereís some hope that most of these donít make the cut, but youíd think the ones theyíd play live would be the ones they think are the strongest.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:31 PM   #103
mja271

Why does putting finishing touches mean those songs are on it? They may or may not be but that statement has no bearing over what songs are on the album imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:45 PM   #104
BigEyedRumblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo Style View Post
And just to set everyone’s expectations appropriately:

Be Yourself
New Song
Samurai Cop
Plastic Girl
Bob Law
New Song
Death on the High Seas
Can’t Stop
Do You Remember (solo)
New Song
Virginia in the Rain
New Song
Blackjack
Break Free
Remove Blackjack, Can't Stop and Break Free, and replace with Here On Out and Bismarck, and you really aren't that far off. Also, if nothing has changed, Cavallo did not produce. There is at least one "oldie but goodie" there too.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:47 PM   #105
bassplayer22

Big Whiskey was a more ambitious attempt interrupted by Rois death but I much prefer AFTW. Much better album and more cohesive all the way through.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:52 PM   #106
willndmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonfool View Post
Drop date: July 3rd? Or the end of July?
After everyone buys tickets, that they are pretending is a bargain because you get a cd with it, they will announce that it got pushed back and you are sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Why does putting finishing touches mean those songs are on it? They may or may not be but that statement has no bearing over what songs are on the album imo.
Agreed
Seems like more often then not songs that get played early end up getting cut from the release

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
100% done so they could tie ticket sales to album sites and try to keep up the consecutive number one album sales farce.
I think they would have got the sales anyway, that's one things they seem to keep pulling good numbers on.
I think it's more of a way to hide the huge price increase
Old 01-16-2018, 10:01 PM   #107
SeekUpAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEyedIdiot View Post
Remove Blackjack, Can't Stop and Break Free, and replace with Here On Out and Bismarck, and you really aren't that far off. Also, if nothing has changed, Cavallo did not produce. There is at least one "oldie but goodie" there too.
Good guesses!
Old 01-16-2018, 10:17 PM   #108
Steveo Style

Here’s what the track list will likely be

Bismarck
The Idea of You
Here on Out
New Song
Samurai Cop
Plastic Girl
Bob Law
New Song
Death on the High Seas
Do You Remember (solo)
Virginia in the Rain
New Song
Be Yourself

Replace IOY w/ Sugar Will or Crazy Easy

Better?
Old 01-16-2018, 10:40 PM   #109
greykitkat36

Quote:
Hereís what the track list will likely be

Bismarck
The Idea of You
Here on Out
New Song
Samurai Cop
Plastic Girl
Bob Law
New Song
Death on the High Seas
Do You Remember (solo)
Virginia in the Rain
New Song
Be Yourself

Replace IOY w/ Sugar Will or Crazy Easy

Better?
I highly, highly doubt anything pre-2013 (when they went into the studio from what we know) will be on it.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:42 PM   #110
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Because we had a sheet of paper confirming song names like Bismarck, samurai cop and Bob Law that were being worked on in the studio and those ended up getting played live. Unless they had an entirely new set of sessions at some point last year or this fall that we never heard about, I think itís safe to say they mean finishing up those sessions with Cavalier.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:42 PM   #111
dmb2much40

I was pretty surprised to hear an album was coming. Not many details leaked and dave seemed lukewarm to the idea. Based on the recent new tunes, I just hope Bismarck, black and blue bird and do you remember make it. I hate Virginia in the rain and death on the high seas. Everything else is meh. Would love something out of left field like crazy easy or idea of you.

I'm sure we get this free album with a ticket and then get suckered into buying a second copy with exclusive bonus tracks.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:48 PM   #112
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
I was pretty surprised to hear an album was coming. Not many details leaked and dave seemed lukewarm to the idea. Based on the recent new tunes, I just hope Bismarck, black and blue bird and do you remember make it. I hate Virginia in the rain and death on the high seas. Everything else is meh. Would love something out of left field like crazy easy or idea of you.

I'm sure we get this free album with a ticket and then get suckered into buying a second copy with exclusive bonus tracks.
Iím actually pretty surprised how many people around here love black and bluebird. When it was first debuted seemed like there was a lot of dissent, but it seems many have warmed up to it. Cannot say thensame. I guess because itís one of the ore tolerable new songs.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:58 PM   #113
Tomacco

I really like Black and Blue Bird at Home or with headphones. D&T it’s not bad either. Full band it doesn’t work at a concert really.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:06 PM   #114
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
I think they would have got the sales anyway, that's one things they seem to keep pulling good numbers on.
I think it's more of a way to hide the huge price increase
Did you read the billboard article I posted earlier today.? Tying tickets to albums is literally standard operating procedure. U2 just did it! DMB definitely has to do it.

Old 01-16-2018, 11:12 PM   #115
Steveo Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I highly, highly doubt anything pre-2013 (when they went into the studio from what we know) will be on it.
Not according to that guy in the know with 7 posts! And actually I forgot Black and Bluebird.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:55 AM   #116
greykitkat36

Quote:
Not according to that guy in the know with 7 posts! And actually I forgot Black and Bluebird.
It would be nice, but the band has talked about putting old unreleased stuff on an album since 2007 and it’s never happened. But even putting 1 great ‘04 or ‘06?song on a bad album does no good. Look st what happened with Hello Again. Put on the bands worst album and now they don’t ever even play it. And then we see what happened with #27–totaly lifeless studio take that didn’t make it and also subsequently dropped out of sets a good deal. So I’m not sure hoping for those songs is even something we should want to do.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:59 AM   #117
BigEyedRumblings

Quote:
I came here not long ago after getting fed up with ants. I had the same screen name there and had been on their site for 15 years.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:01 AM   #118
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEyedIdiot View Post
Are you trolling or do you actually have insider info? Donít remember your other 6 posts. Whoís producing the album then? If you know the tracklistomg then you also know that. Thatís something you can tell us.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:09 AM   #119
BigEyedRumblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Are you trolling or do you actually have insider info? Donít remember your other 6 posts. Whoís producing the album then? If you know the tracklistomg then you also know that. Thatís something you can tell us.
All I know is that someone with knowledge of the process told me a while back Cavallo had been gone and it had pretty much been DMB piecing the thing together and trying to self produce with some engineers. As far as the track list, some of the new batch had been laid down years back. The only one that I was told had a shot from the older pieces were Sugar Will. Not even Shotgun. Mark Batson told me he produced a Shotgun track, so they were trying a decade ago to get that one right.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:12 AM   #120
greykitkat36

Do You Remember
Be Yourself
Bob Law
Bismarck
Samurai Cop
Virginia In The Rain
Death On The High Seas
Here On Out
Plastic Girl
Black And Bluebird

Those are all the “new” songs we’ve heard or been aware about and that’s already 10 songs. We could be looking at that plus only likev1-2 other ones we’ve never heard. And that’s brutal because it’s anti-climactic. Some of those have been around for almost 3 years now and we know not only what they sound like but also what they will become live—not very much.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc