These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2015, 08:43 PM   #301
RageATL
The Dude abides

More of a friend thing, but is it just a given that some time after you and your lady end up having another couple to hang out with, inevitably some kind of drama ensues/someone acts a fool and then it gets weird? Jebus, I'm too old to deal with this crap.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:07 PM   #302
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Do tell
Jayes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:58 AM   #303
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Do tell
Eh, just some friends of ours that we got real close with over the past year or so after the birth of their baby have started acting really WEIRD as of late. Making preliminary plans via group text and then not following back up on them (when she used to be really good about that) or changing things at the last minute to where the plans fall through, she made unprovoked passive aggressive comments to my lady via text the night me and my friend were (separately) at a bar (the "accusations" were completely unfounded and ridiculous), stuff like that. By her own admission, she drinks a good bit (1-2 BOTTLES of wine an evening) from the time she gets home from school (she's a teacher) to the time she goes to bed, so that most likely has something to do with it. We've noticed a pattern of strange comments coming from her via text during these times especially when her husband is not present (she'll confirm he's out with buddies or out golfing, etc.) and she's drinking alone after the kid has gone down to bed. My lady noticed that she repeats the same story over and over again when we finally do get to hang out and she seems to have a pretty sizable amount of anxiety, social or otherwise these days. I dunno about the whole thing, but I do know that it just makes me wanna not deal with people any more and just do our own thing.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:02 AM   #304
Jayes

Yeah that's rough. Nothin like jealousy and stress to drive somebody into the bottle. Sucks to lose friends, though.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:13 AM   #305
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

Disc Golf Champion! Flash Poker Champion! Super Mario Flash HV Champion! Whammy Champion!
Quote:
Yeah that's rough. Nothin like jealousy and stress to drive somebody into the bottle. Sucks to lose friends, though.
My wife is really smart and really shitty at tolerating vapid "girly" type conversations -- consequently, we don't have a lot of couples friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:17 AM   #306
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Funny you should mention jealousy as that's something that I always kinda keep an eye on (as in sharing our life, but also trying not to intentionally rub anything in their face). Bottom line is I'm almost 42, divorced with no kids, earn a good living, have an adventurous lady who likes to see and do things (as do I) and have the means to do what the hell we wanna do when we wanna do it (within reason). That being said, I have sensed some envy/borderline jealousy from our couple friends that have kids in the past. I tend to take a pretty solid stance on that though cuz we all make the decisions we make, so they made theirs and I made mine...this is how my life is and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Anyway, we haven't truly "lost" them and while I have thought about saying something to my friend about the perceived disconnect and/or tension, at the same time I'm not sure my level of "give a sh*t" is at a point where I even wanna deal with that conversation.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:29 AM   #307
Jayes

Oh I read that as this other woman was always checking up on her husband and whatnot; seemed insecure

I hadnt even thought about the fact that they have young children and might envy your freedom.

I do my best to keep from jealousy, though admittedly that was a problem for me in my younger days. Probably had something to do with my first girlfriend in high school sleeping with my coworker on the day of our two year anniversary.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:35 AM   #308
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Oh I read that as this other woman was always checking up on her husband and whatnot; seemed insecure

I hadnt even thought about the fact that they have young children and might envy your freedom.

I do my best to keep from jealousy, though admittedly that was a problem for me in my younger days. Probably had something to do with my first girlfriend in high school sleeping with my coworker on the day of our two year anniversary.
Nah...more like she tends to drink more and consequently "pop off" via text when he's not around to keep her in check. And I think there's some resentment there in that she has to stay home with the kid while he's out socializing, so she tends to get a little fired up, but get fired up at him, not my lady who (a) has done nothing and (b) is legit as sweet as pie.

Right, but they also aren't super social people anyway (in terms of going out to bars and other people's houses for get togethers and such), so we were over there place all the time last year when the baby was born and from time to time since. I think it's the baby thing (wanting to keep him at home and in bed at his scheduled time) as well as her anxiety to control her surroundings, but who the frap knows anymore.

Agreed, jealousy is a terrible thing and has consumed me at various points in my life, but I have truly put those days behind me in my old age. Yikes bro, that's a bitter pill to swallow there.

Old 05-22-2015, 12:36 PM   #309
Mitch

Quote:
yeah, that could leave a mark
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #310
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:

BTW, did you quit and then beat his ass?!

Old 05-22-2015, 06:45 PM   #311
Jayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
BTW, did you quit and then beat his ass?!
I'd like to say I did. Just gave it to him in front of the whole kitchen. Of course now I would handle that with the business end of a formidable kitchen tool.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:43 AM   #312
RageATL
The Dude abides

TDC Marriage & Family Thread

Quote:
I'd like to say I did. Just gave it to him in front of the whole kitchen. Of course now I would handle that with the business end of a formidable kitchen tool.

A meat tenderizing mallet to the cranium would do the trick.

Last edited by RageATL; 05-24-2015 at 06:11 AM.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:48 PM   #313
Jayes

Happy Father's Day, dudes
Old 06-22-2015, 09:18 AM   #314
Matthew Stafford
TDCya

Time to start looking into a ring. No clue where to even begin.
Matthew Stafford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:22 AM   #315
Jayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Stafford View Post
Yeah that time is around the corner somewhere. I, too, am clueless.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:50 AM   #316
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Stafford View Post

[Only registered users can see links.]
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:42 PM   #317
RageATL
The Dude abides

My girlfriend has recently been pressing me to consider having a baby at the ripe old age of 42. FML.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:44 PM   #318
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

How old is she?

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:18 PM   #319
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
How old is she?
Just turned 31 Friday.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #320
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Just turned 31 Friday.
You old dog you.

Well, fatherhood can be fun. I'm sure you'll eventually enjoy it since the gauntlet has been thrown

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc