These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #3681
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Fenton on the lights!

That Vegas run didn't help phish fans feelings for dmb at all.

I had a ton of fun all tour leading up to Coventry. But Coventry was just horrid. And we got in without issue. I left the last set first day to go dance in the disco tent. That's how bad it was. Then, we left early during the 'final set' because it was such a disaster. I think my exact quote was, "I don't want to see it end if it's going to end like this." I still shudder when I drive by the road to Coventry when I'm making runs from Jay Peak to Hill Farmstead to get beers for skiing.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #3682
raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbs View Post
I still haven't listened to Vegas because of how terrible the reviews were. I watched the Coventry train wreck in a movie theater, so bad I was embarrassed.
Coventry was shown in theatres? You're not thinking of Brooklyn?
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #3683
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Coventry was simulcast in theaters as well. That is where people got the footage of him snorting the oxys.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #3684
Habbs
Organic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Coventry was simulcast in theaters as well. That is where people got the footage of him snorting the oxys.
Indeed, I watched Coventry from a big multiplex in the Twin Cities, I thought it would be a fun makeup send off from Phish since I had to miss Alpine due to my brother's graduation party, boy was I wrong. The only thing I remember liking much was Fire and The Wedge, partly because I called it as the set opener during the set break
Old 02-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #3685
raven

oh ok I didn't remember that
Old 02-16-2014, 12:03 PM   #3686
greykitkat36

Camden '04 was one of the first shows I heard, someone burned me a copy and I listened to it. I remember being taking back by Wilson and the really eerie Scents and Subtle Sounds. Then I got right into 10/31/98, and the island tour, and I finally understood how great this band is. I started listening back to every single show, I'm on 7/25/88 right now, it's gonna take me a long ass time but It's gonna be a journey. (i've already heard all the LivePhish releases as well as everything from '09 onward).
Old 02-16-2014, 12:08 PM   #3687
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I really love Colorado '88 if you like that era of the band. Acquired taste, for sure. But still great.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #3688
Habbs
Organic

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I really love Colorado '88 if you like that era of the band. Acquired taste, for sure. But still great.
Definitely my favorite release from that era.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #3689
batleon

I've been off of Phish for a while but all this talk about the great shows is making me hungry for some more. I think I'll listen to Hampton '97 N1 again today. I've burned N2 into the ground but that second set from N1 is an underrated home run.

I still need to go out and get the Niagra release too. Fall '95 doesn't get enough love around here. Mitch go listen to the 11/15/95 release if you haven't already. Or LP1, second disc of that may be one of my favorite discs of music ever. Better yet just do 11/15 and then listen to every December show.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #3690
Habbs
Organic

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
I still need to go out and get the Niagra release too. Fall '95 doesn't get enough love around here. Mitch go listen to the 11/15/95 release if you haven't already. Or LP1, second disc of that may be one of my favorite discs of music ever. Better yet just do 11/15 and then listen to every December show.
The Niagara Reba was a jaw-dropping revelation to me, it might be my favorite over the Live Phish Vol 11.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #3691
Mitch

Quote:
I think I'll listen to Hampton '97 N1 again today. I've burned N2 into the ground but that second set from N1 is an underrated home run.
yeah, I just posted a couple weeks ago about how much I love that set

Quote:
The 2nd set of 12/14/95 is fantastic. Definitely one of my favorites of what I've heard. I like that show better than 12/31/95. The Niagara show is great too, but I've only listened to it once or twice. I've been meaning to check out the LP release 12/1/95 Hershey show, but haven't yet. I haven't heard 11/15 yet either.

Quote:
The Niagara Reba was a jaw-dropping revelation to me, it might be my favorite over the Live Phish Vol 11.
That's a super fast one, right? I remember digging it. I think my favorite, at this point, is 10/31/94. The Reba and Divided Sky from that show are both beautiful.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:00 AM   #3692
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post

The 2nd set of 12/14/95 is fantastic. Definitely one of my favorites of what I've heard. I like that show better than 12/31/95. The Niagara show is great too, but I've only listened to it once or twice. I've been meaning to check out the LP release 12/1/95 Hershey show, but haven't yet. I haven't heard 11/15 yet either.

12/1/95 is a must, you def. need to hear it. Do yourself a favor and listen asap. Really well thought out, flowing set. One my favorite Set I's of all-time.

And anyone who hasn't heard the infamous 12/31/93 show really needs to get on that. The energy on it is incredible, and it may possibly be Trey's "best" show performance wise. He really was spot on the entire show, playing pretty flawlessly and inspired.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #3693
Habbs
Organic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
yeah, I just posted a couple weeks ago about how much I love that set

That's a super fast one, right? I remember digging it. I think my favorite, at this point, is 10/31/94. The Reba and Divided Sky from that show are both beautiful.
11/14 is one of my favorite LP releases, so great, better than 12/1 IMO.
The 12/7 Niagara Reba IS super fast, it is amazing.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:17 PM   #3694
batleon

Quote:
Yes, that Reba is hot. But so is the Slave, Split Open, Mike's Groove, and Possum from that show. Niagra is one of their most underrated "great" shows.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #3695
raven

Listening to Deer Creek 8/10/97.. what a great show. Awesome jammed-out Cities to open the second set

Spoiler:
Sunday, 08/10/1997
Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN

Set 1: Bathtub Gin -> Sparkle > Down with Disease > Dirt, Cars Trucks Buses, Billy Breathes, Split Open and Melt, Bye Bye Foot > Ginseng Sullivan, Harry Hood
Set 2: Cities -> Good Times Bad Times -> Rotation Jam -> Rock A William -> David Bowie
Encore: Cavern

Teases:
Third Stone From the Sun and Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part Two teases in Split Open and Melt

Notes: The long, involved Rotation Jam to set up Rock A William started when Page went to the theremin for a solo. Soon after, Trey took up the keys and Mike went to play guitar. Page eventually picked up Mike’s bass. After they jammed a bit longer, Mike went to join Trey on the keys. Trey then joined Fishman on the drums. The two of them played on the same drum set and Mike took a piano solo. Trey eventually kicked Fishman off the drum stool, and Fishman picked up Trey’s guitar. SOAM contained a Third Stone from the Sun tease as well as a Larks' Tongues in Aspic Part Two jam.

[Only registered users can see links.] (Marc Nutter recording)
Old 02-22-2014, 02:07 AM   #3696
BrokenThings
FestivalFootprints.com

where we at with 2014 rumors? any festival planned?

thanks!
BrokenThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #3697
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenThings View Post
where we at with 2014 rumors? any festival planned?

thanks!
I haven't heard any solid festival rumors. Some pretty solid dates have leaked. I think Chicago, Great Woods and some others are out.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #3698
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
I remember watching the Brooklyn set in a movie theatre outside Chicago. The manager of the theatre came in before it started and pleaded with everyone to stop scaring the people there to see other movies. "Please no smoking in the threate, and if you have to smoke, sit in your car, there are children here"

roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #3699
blrobl

Rumor of return to Red Rocks (no Dick's).
blrobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #3700
greykitkat36

I could totally see a big West Coast kind of festival happening in mid-late July. Makes sense. They really hit the east coast hard this past year with awesome Halloween and New Year's Runs, it would be fair to throw some love back to the West in the summer.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc