These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2019, 10:32 PM   #1101
ggies
Sugar Will '04

oooooh, exciting stuff people!! We are getting closer to this becoming a reality. We will get more info on the battery day Tesla is supposed to host in the Spring.

[Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
We present a wide range of testing results on an excellent moderate-energy-density lithium-ion pouch cell chemistry to serve as benchmarks for academics and companies developing advanced lithium-ion and other “beyond lithium-ion” cell chemistries to (hopefully) exceed. These results are far superior to those that have been used by researchers modelling cell failure mechanisms and as such, these results are more representative of modern Li-ion cells and should be adopted by modellers. Up to three years of testing has been completed for some of the tests. Tests include long-term charge-discharge cycling at 20, 40 and 55°C, long-term storage at 20, 40 and 55°C, and high precision coulometry at 40°C. Several different electrolytes are considered in this LiNi0.5Mn0.3Co0.2O2/graphite chemistry, including those that can promote fast charging. The reasons for cell performance degradation and impedance growth are examined using several methods. We conclude that cells of this type should be able to power an electric vehicle for over 1.6 million kilometers (1 million miles) and last at least two decades in grid energy storage.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:38 PM   #1102
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Even as clean energy costs continue to fall, utilities and other investors have announced plans for over $70 billion in new gas-fired power plant construction through 2025. RMI research finds that 90% of this proposed capacity is more costly than equivalent CEPs and, if those plants are built anyway, they would be uneconomic to continue operating in 2035, well ahead of the ends of their planned economic lifetime. Continued investments in these power plants will present stranded cost risk for customers, shareholders, and society, while locking in 100 million tons of CO2 emissions each year.
Quote:
Motivated in part by the increase in natural gas use for electricity generation, the industry has announced plans to invest an additional $30 billion in new interstate pipelines through 2024. But as the economic case weakens for gas power plants, new pipelines that would deliver gas to power plants will see their utilization fall dramatically. As utilization of pipelines falls, the average cost of delivered gas will increase by 30%–140% from expected levels, imposing significant costs on customers and investors
Old 09-11-2019, 01:39 AM   #1103
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Bruh, this Solar City stuff is OUTRAGEOUS. They were not a solar company, but a financial company that securitized solar panel debt and tax credits. Tesla had to buy them out to bail out Elon. Walmart is suing Tesla for fires
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM   #1104
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Do we really need to pound our fists and beat the drum war with regards to the SA oil problem like our president has?

Do we really need to continue to think the oil industry is that important to sacrifice more lives?

It takes 3 wires, a 50 amp breaker, and a NEMA 14-50 outlet to be able to charge an EV at home and get off oil.

Pretty. fucking. easy.

It's actually comical to watch the world leaders and such run around with their heads cut off talking about what's going to happen to the price of oil and such when something like this occurs....
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #1105
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

What you arguing is kinda silly. People know EVs are the future, they’re just waiting for the right moment to jump in. Tesla’s are garbage. People love them until they have to get service and can’t.
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #1106
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Tesla’s are garbage.

Porche spent years and billions of dollars and still couldn't beat Tesla's specs and price.

You have had the ability to read this thread for 3 years, to learn something, and yet you still think this way. Sad really.....the knowledge is right there waiting for you.

Now go away you troll, before a house drops on you!

Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #1107
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

You haven’t looked on Twitter and heard all the horror stories of people unable to get their vehicle repaired or shoddy repair jobs...they’re all over.

Why didn’t you respond about Elon’s solarcity scam? The rooftiles were complete vaporware. SolarCity wasn’t even a solar company...it was a finance company that contracted solar installations and rented them out to people and securitized the debt for wall st. Tesla just bought them so they wouldn’t go bankrupt and embarrass dumbass Elon. Now Walmart is suing Tesla for their roofs catching fire

Also...thoughts on Tesla having a team dedicated to doxxing people who criticize them??

Tesla is lucky that Trump is president. He won’t let the regulatory agencies touch Tesla because he’s obsessed with the market going higher. Any other administration and they’d have big problems
Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM   #1108
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
You haven’t looked on Twitter and heard all the horror stories of people unable to get their vehicle repaired or shoddy repair jobs...they’re all over.

Why didn’t you respond about Elon’s solarcity scam? The rooftiles were complete vaporware. SolarCity wasn’t even a solar company...it was a finance company that contracted solar installations and rented them out to people and securitized the debt for wall st. Tesla just bought them so they wouldn’t go bankrupt and embarrass dumbass Elon. Now Walmart is suing Tesla for their roofs catching fire

Also...thoughts on Tesla having a team dedicated to doxxing people who criticize them??

Tesla is lucky that Trump is president. He won’t let the regulatory agencies touch Tesla because he’s obsessed with the market going higher. Any other administration and they’d have big problems
I keep up with the company on a daily basis because it's an investment of mine among other things.

I didn't respond to that comment you made because I already knew more than you did as I was reading it. I already knew that a) the owner of Walmart was trying to get out of their contract with Tesla because they had an investment with another renewable company b) the lawsuit claimed that they were Tesla panels - false they are Trina Solar panels c) by the time I read your comment I already knew they had made a settlement in the case and put out a statement that they were committed to each other.

I'm not going to respond to every one of your posts because it's FUD. You are a prime example of someone out there who spreads FUD for whatever reasons you have.

The fact that you keep coming in this thread and spreading FUD is telling though. You comments are automatically negative.

But this is not a thread to see what I know, I already know about it because I do the research. I created this thread to show others what is happening, what is actually happening, not what Trump thinks. Trump is a very bad example to bring into a conversation when using him as a "positive".

And actually, it's the other way around - Trump is lucky to have Tesla. What's the phrase.....oh yeah, "Make America Great Again" How does he want to do that? By putting America companies first and making products in America again. No better example than Tesla - you can get your car made here and your energy that it runs on from here.

I post data driven material. Now quit wasting my time and do the work it takes to understand it. Otherwise, you're just another sad, delusional American voting for simple minded creatures.
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #1109
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

You’re so lost in the sauce you have no idea. Walmart is trying to get out of a contract because SolarCity’s install (probably not the panels themselves more like shoddy install) caught their stores on fire. You’re baby Tesla is getting sued so of course it has to be Walmart trying to get one over

Still you didn’t respond to ANYTHING about Elon’s SolarCity scam...it’s indefensible. Why did Tesla buy SolarCity? They didn’t manufacture panels just financed and securitized the debt. How was the acquisition of near bankrupt SolarCity advantageous to Tesla shareholders?? Why did Elon falsely promise rooftiles?? This IS data driven material, just data you don’t like
Old Today, 05:27 AM   #1110
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Here’s your boyfriend Elon lying under oath. He also called that diver a “child rapist”
Old Today, 06:10 AM   #1111
ggies
Sugar Will '04

That is all FUD. I'm not going to comment on your posts anymore. You are diverting this thread from it should be - informative, not combative. You are on my ignore list now.
Old Today, 12:40 PM   #1112
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

My god you rationalize everything that disagrees with you as “small minded” or FUD or uneducated.

I showed you court documents of Elon lying under oath and you just can’t deal. What are you going to say when Tesla finally goes bankrupt?

Elon
Old Today, 03:08 PM   #1113
ggies
Sugar Will '04

This is a big deal.

Quote:
We believe hanging on to fossil fuel assets is a financial risk. That’s why we will have made our $13.4-billion endowment “fossil free” as of the end of this month, and why our $70-billion pension will soon be that way as well.

The reason we sold some $150 million in fossil fuel assets from our endowment was the reason we sell other assets: They posed a long-term risk to generating strong returns for UC’s diversified portfolios.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc