These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will you take the COVID-19 vaccine now that itís been approved?
Yes 24 92.31%
No 2 7.69%
Other (Explain) 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2020, 04:38 PM   #1
Josh.0

Will you take the COVID-19 vaccine? (Dec 2020 poll)

Poll is private.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:42 PM   #2
Mersh

As I said in the other thread, not sure why you wouldn't...unless your doctor says you shouldn't or you are a pregnant woman. I just assume this place is 99$ dudes.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:43 PM   #3
jeff1818

Yes. All evidence (so far) points to these being safe. The more people that receive it, the more data will be available. I won't be eligible until May/June and that will provide me with 6+ months of data.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:44 PM   #4
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
As I said in the other thread, not sure why you wouldn't...unless your doctor says you shouldn't or you are a pregnant woman. I just assume this place is 99$ dudes.
Well, mario was one of the 3 NO votes and seems it was back when he figured it would be rushed based on political influence. I imagine his view has changed.
And I imagine a lot of people's minds have changed and will continue to change over the next couple months on this.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:44 PM   #5
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

If my PCP says I should
Old 12-15-2020, 04:55 PM   #6
Josh.0

I just read that the mRNA technology used in the COVID-19 vaccine has been in development for 18 years. I knew it had already been in development, but I didn’t know it’d been in development for that long.

I also read that Moderna had already been developing another coronavirus vaccine going back to 2013, which may also partially explain why it ended up being developed successfully so quickly. I knew this was true of the Oxford vaccine, but I didn’t of Moderna.

It’s a myth that this was rushed at all. It seems like the framework was already in place for a new type of vaccine and then it just needed to be adjusted for COVID-19. Everything I read seems to suggest, at a high level, that the house was already being built but then at the last minute the wiring had to be changed a bit.

That’s a huge silver lining to this vaccine. It’s going to prove new vaccination technology - that allows for much faster vaccine development - as efficient. That’s a huge long-term benefit to all of humanity.
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:01 PM   #7
K270
Kan Pai

Yes, when I become eligible, I'm getting it.
Old 12-15-2020, 05:08 PM   #8
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I just read that the mRNA technology used in the COVID-19 vaccine has been in development for 18 years. I knew it had already been in development, but I didnít know itíd been in development for that long.

I also read that Moderna had already been developing another coronavirus vaccine going back to 2013, which may also partially explain why it ended up being developed successfully so quickly. I knew this was true of the Oxford vaccine, but I didnít of Moderna.

Itís a myth that this was rushed at all. It seems like the framework was already in place for a new type of vaccine and then it just needed to be adjusted for COVID-19. Everything I read seems to suggest, at a high level, that the house was already being built but then at the last minute the wiring had to be changed a bit.

Thatís a huge silver lining to this vaccine. Itís going to prove new vaccination technology - that allows for much faster vaccine development - as efficient. Thatís a huge long-term benefit to all of humanity.
But isn't this the first actual vaccine to use the technology?
Old 12-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #9
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

As soon as I’m able to I am eager to take it.

Hopefully it’ll be widespread by March or April here? We’ll see. But I’ll be first in line once I’m able.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 06:51 PM   #10
Josh.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
But isn't this the first actual vaccine to use the technology?
Yes, and I don’t know the details between how it was tested between 2013 and 2020. But it should reassure people at least a little bit more that the framework for the vaccine wasn’t developed in, like, April.
Old 12-15-2020, 07:27 PM   #11
gweeps
homesick android

Since I don't have a family doctor, I'll have to wait for whenever it's available in the pharmacies.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:28 PM   #12
Josh.0

Just out of curiosity, why don’t you? Is it the way care models are designed in Canada or just a personal choice?
Old 12-17-2020, 09:38 PM   #13
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Just out of curiosity, why don’t you? Is it the way care models are designed in Canada or just a personal choice?
Lack of available family doctors where I live. Thankfully, I have doctors for what currently ails me: my eyesight. As I get older though, walk-in clinics won't cut it anymore.

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 12-20-2020, 07:00 PM   #14
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I'm at least a $100 dude.
Old 12-20-2020, 08:01 PM   #15
Josh.0

Old 12-21-2020, 06:05 AM   #16
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
I'm at least a $100 dude.
Heh, undervaluing yourself really.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc