These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2021, 06:14 PM   #7361
Mersh

Well, they are going to begin scheduling vaccines for teachers in NY on Monday. They have released zero details about how to sign up or where they will be administered, but they said they will begin. Good news.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:40 PM   #7362
jeff1818

Fantastic news. Let's get this going.
jeff1818 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:52 AM   #7363
Mersh

Get my first dose of the Moderna vaccine tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:54 AM   #7364
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Get my first dose of the Moderna vaccine tomorrow.

Very nice, it will be nice to exhale once you receive your second and it takes effect. Not that we are close to being rid of this virus, but at least its the first major step in doing so for you and family.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:57 AM   #7365
Josh.0

The pharmacists on my team got theirs last week, I think I’m up in the next few weeks.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:34 AM   #7366
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post

Very nice, it will be nice to exhale once you receive your second and it takes effect. Not that we are close to being rid of this virus, but at least its the first major step in doing so for you and family.
Yeah, luckily I got on and got an appointment Friday evening when they opened it to teachers. It has become a mess and they had to walk back who they were going to give it to. They did say that if you got an appt they would honor it, it they have had to change how they will distribute it to teachers and others in this group now.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:49 AM   #7367
mario

Another week, another mere 2 million vaccinations.

This is a total failure of the Trump Administration.

[Only registered users can see links.] this is such a disaster we should just shut it down, come up with an actual plan, then start over.
So, we need to acknowledge that it's not working. We need to hit the reset and adopt a new strategy in trying to get out to patients.[...]

Well, it's a distribution issue right now. It will be a supply issue in two or three weeks, maybe if they can get the distribution right. Right now, there's 40 million doses sitting on a shelf somewhere. So the feds say it's with the states. The states say with- it's with the feds. It really doesn't matter to the patient who's not getting access to the- to the injection. You have 40 million on the shelf. We have 50 million Americans above the age of 65. So, we have supply to push it out to that population more aggressively. I think we need to take an all the above approach and push it out through different channels, including the big box stores, including federal sites that the Biden administration is talking about standing up. We need to try everything right now to create multiple distribution points. A lot of senior citizens aren't going to want to go to a, you know, a stadium to get an inoculation. They're going to want to go to a pharmacy, a local pharmacy or a doctor's office. So, we need to provide more opportunity for people to get a vaccination where they're comfortable getting it. But we do need to get these out more aggressively. Right now, you're right, it's a distribution issue. It will become a supply issue once we get the logistics down, right. And we don't have that right now. We aren't doing a good job getting this to patients.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:52 AM   #7368
mario

Oh, and on top that, we're just throwing away doses of vaccine because[Only registered users can see links.] :
Hospitals are throwing out doses of Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine because the federal government is giving some of the facilities syringes that can only extract five doses from vials that often contain more.[...]

But some syringes distributed by Operation Warp Speed, the federal Covid-19 vaccine program, aren’t efficient enough to extract a sixth dose, according to hospital lobbyists.

They say the issue appears to stem from supply chain problems that have troubled the nation’s pandemic response from the start.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
Old 01-11-2021, 05:40 PM   #7369
jeff1818

Focus on the positives! D-bag is leaving office in a few days...We're almost at 9MM vaccinations... NYC is testing 24/7 vaccines. We'll get it done.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:44 PM   #7370
Mersh

1st dose down. Bill Gates, I give my life over to you.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:03 PM   #7371
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
1st dose down. Bill Gates, I give my life over to you.
Nice! Which one did you get?

My wife got her second pfizer shot yesterday. It seems it's the second shot that is making people sick. My brother in law got pretty sick for 36 hoursafter his last week, but then was totally fine. My wife has hopefully escaped that. But, apparently it is so widespread they are asking people to schedule a day off after their second dose. Also, people who have been getting the moderna one have been developing a welt at the injection site, but it goes away fairly quickly. All and all, seems like a small price to pay.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:10 PM   #7372
Mersh

Moderna. Even if I feel ill for a day or two after the second dose...like you said, small price to pay.

It was something to see just how happy everyone was at the site. Real communal feeling.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:12 PM   #7373
Mersh

My only concern is that the directions for scheduling the 2nd dose are clear as mud.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:23 PM   #7374
gweeps
homesick android

Good stuff. I won't be getting mine for at least another six months.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:47 PM   #7375
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Nice! Which one did you get?

My wife got her second pfizer shot yesterday. It seems it's the second shot that is making people sick. My brother in law got pretty sick for 36 hoursafter his last week, but then was totally fine. My wife has hopefully escaped that. But, apparently it is so widespread they are asking people to schedule a day off after their second dose. Also, people who have been getting the moderna one have been developing a welt at the injection site, but it goes away fairly quickly. All and all, seems like a small price to pay.
I've probably mentioned this in this thread before but as a person who gets stuck twice a week with allergy shots, the welt/swelling on the arm is a norm for me and the hundreds of thousands that get them as well. The illness would stink but its temporary and like others have said, a very small price to pay.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:13 PM   #7376
batleon

I don't know what is going on here in Massachusetts... I really want teachers to start getting vaccinated here soon but it's not even being talked about yet...
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:20 AM   #7377
mario

The mutation -- called E484K -- has been found in a variant of the coronavirus first spotted in South Africa two months ago. That variant has now spread to 12 other countries. [...]

[...]scientists who are studying the E484K mutation still have to complete their work in the lab to see if the vaccine is less effective against this new variant.
Based on what they've seen so far, they say they [Only registered users can see links.]

They also worry E484K might be an indication the novel coronavirus is showing its ability to change before our eyes. If this mutation happened in a matter of months, other problematic mutations could follow.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2021, 01:00 PM   #7378
jeff1818

One would imagine once we get vaccinated we're going to have to say fuck it and get back to 100% normal. The vaccine provides 1 year of protection. We cannot assume that after 12 months even half of those that took it will re-up again. And with variants that could cause problems, we have to move on sooner or later. Should we lock the country down until we get the variant under control? If so, say goodbye to the next 5 years then of your life.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:08 PM   #7379
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Yes, these vaccines are our chance. The capitol riot will look like Disney world if we aren’t headed back to normal by summer. Also, Moderna said ‘at least a year,’ there have been some indications it could be much longer.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:09 PM   #7380
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
One would imagine once we get vaccinated we're going to have to say fuck it and get back to 100% normal. The vaccine provides 1 year of protection. We cannot assume that after 12 months even half of those that took it will re-up again. And with variants that could cause problems, we have to move on sooner or later. Should we lock the country down until we get the variant under control? If so, say goodbye to the next 5 years then of your life.
We don’t really know for certain how long it lasts (or how long each different one lasts). The producers seem to indicate it will last for at least a year, but obviously it will be a bit before we know. That being said once these vaccines are widely available and people have gotten them all bets will be off. No one is going to do this for another month let alone a year or more once they have these vaccines.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc