These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2021, 10:58 AM   #7321
batleon

Warp Speed my ass

As far as the vaccine go we had to wait for the scientists to figure this out but you'd think they'd have been able to work on the whole distribution thing while we were waiting for that. This is a mess so far. Trump can't take the credit for Warp Speed's success in creating a vaccination and then get to duck out in the failure of distribution so far. You can't have it both ways.

Also for the record when I do come to this thread I do read all the posts (at least on the current page since this thread is epic in length) and that includes mario's posts so you can't say nobody is reading them anymore He may lean towards the hysterical side but there's still as much good info in his posts as anybody else's in this thread (take that how you will).
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:13 AM   #7322
Josh.0

The distro isn’t the problem.

The lack of trust in taking it is the problem.

It’s everywhere. All of the hospitals in my state have it. A lot of people are afraid to take it. I can’t help but wonder why?
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:24 AM   #7323
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post

It’s everywhere. All of the hospitals in my state have it. A lot of people are afraid to take it. I can’t help but wonder why?
The local news here in Philly (NBC10) had a story last night describing the struggle of vaccinating black residents in the city. Most are refusing the vaccine.

[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 01-06-2021, 11:31 AM   #7324
mario

"Anti-vaxxers have developed a sophisticated playbook for spreading uncertainty about a [COVID-19] vaccine, converting vaccine-hesitant people into committed antivaxxers, and resisting attempts to remove their misinformation.," the report concluded, noting [Only registered users can see links.] , the vaccine is dangerous and vaccine advocates cannot be trusted."

The trolls who spread the hoaxes like "it's just the flu" and "there's no reason to shutdown the economy" laid the groundwork for for the anti-vaccine reaction.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 12:01 PM   #7325
batleon

Quote:

This is anecdotal but... I have a friend who works at a hospital in MA and he has the opportunity to get vaccinated but hasn't, because he's waiting until there's a convenient time for him to get it. He works in a lab so his risk is minimal (i.e. he's not like a front line worker). This honestly pissed my wife off because she's desperate to take the thing but has no opening to do so as of yet.

Is your question rhetorical? Have you already addressed that earlier in the thread? Just asking because trying to backread this thread is like negotiating a scorpion nest.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:03 PM   #7326
jeff1818

Based on so many not wanting the vaccine, sounds like we'll never totally "be over this". Sure we'll get to 100MM vaccinated by maybe summer. But there will still be 1000s going to the hospitals. And dying. People will stop caring (it's just the flu, get over it already). Life will reopen, but we are still going to be screwed as far as getting back to "normal". Not sure how this changes. I mean, we're stuck at under 5MM vaccinated. Just not feeling all that hopeful at the moment.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 03:39 PM   #7327
batleon

Can they please give it to those of us who DO want it then?
Old 01-06-2021, 03:46 PM   #7328
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
Can they please give it to those of us who DO want it then?
We don't have the infrastructure set up for that.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
Old 01-06-2021, 04:34 PM   #7329
Josh.0

We were told today occupational health is reaching out to us “relatively” soon for our doses. I’m shocked they’re reaching out this quickly, TBH. I’m also shocked my department is in talks to get it, given I don’t work directly with patients.

I think that should tell you how many people are scared of this because of all the “safety concerns” fear-mongering that’s been fueled by the media since Trump announced OWS.

Two, three months ago Mario himself was captain of that very ship, now he sits here today mocking the inability to get people to agree to be vaccinated.

Unbelievable.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:52 AM   #7330
mario

[Only registered users can see links.] [Only registered users can see links.]

Quote:
Old 01-07-2021, 12:56 PM   #7331
jeff1818

Probably because kids don't wear masks 100% of the time. Picking their noses, coughing, eating etc.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:48 PM   #7332
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1818 View Post
Probably because kids don't wear masks 100% of the time. Picking their noses, coughing, eating etc.
Purely anecdotal, but my understanding has been that at the elementary level the kids are great about maintaining the mask-wearing and washing hands. Little kids in school are pretty easy to train that way. I teach older kids and I'd say 99% of kids are wearing masks and doing it properly all the time. Obviously, they have to eat in the cafeteria so there are no masks there. The only place I really see teenagers maskless is outside of school in my neighborhood.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:50 PM   #7333
jeff1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Purely anecdotal, but my understanding has been that at the elementary level the kids are great about maintaining the mask-wearing and washing hands. Little kids in school are pretty easy to train that way. I teach older kids and I'd say 99% of kids are wearing masks and doing it properly all the time. Obviously, they have to eat in the cafeteria so there are no masks there. The only place I really see teenagers maskless is outside of school in my neighborhood.
Good to hear! Kids are smart.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:03 PM   #7334
mario

Totally guessing, I think it's just easier to socially distant with high school kids than little kids.

Just conceptually: You can send high school kids off to the library to work quietly. You might need to help a 2nd grader tie their shoe.

Quote:
Old 01-07-2021, 02:19 PM   #7335
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Totally guessing, I think it's just easier to socially distant with high school kids than little kids.

Just conceptually: You can send high school kids off to the library to work quietly. You might need to help a 2nd grader tie their shoe.
Yes, that is likely true, but (again this is all anecdotal) in my daughters school when they are inside for recess they mostly play at their desks with small toys they were allowed to bring in or draw. They talk to each other from their seats. High school kids are spread out in class because so many of them opted for full remote. I have classes with 1 kid, 2 kids in them...the rest are online. Between classes though the kids that are there are right on top of each other in the hallways.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:20 PM   #7336
Mersh

Obviously we need to get healthcare workers and those at risk vaccinated quickly, but boy if we got teachers vaccinated it would go a long way to alleviating some problems.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:25 PM   #7337
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Obviously we need to get healthcare workers and those at risk vaccinated quickly, but boy if we got teachers vaccinated it would go a long way to alleviating some problems.
A-fucking-men.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:37 PM   #7338
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
A-fucking-men.
I am in NY though and Cuomo’s ego is going to f this all up.

Can’t believe they created a special Emmy for his briefings. Dude is a jackass.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:55 PM   #7339
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
I am in NY though and Cuomo’s ego is going to f this all up.

Can’t believe they created a special Emmy for his briefings. Dude is a jackass.

Man you really detest Cuomo huh?
Old 01-07-2021, 04:04 PM   #7340
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post

Man you really detest Cuomo huh?
I am a public school teacher and I live in upstate NY. Don’t know how familiar you are with NY politics.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc