These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2020, 10:40 AM   #7301
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Mersh's post proves my point I made to you earlier, that it isn't necessarily the US government's logistics that is causing delays in roll-out but because there are large number of people passing on the vaccine.
No, it's the US government's lack of logistics in this roll out that people are refusing the vaccine.

A systematic campaign of disinformation from the executive branch of government dating back to February, not just the villainous lies and hoaxes Trump told, but also:
- the CDC ceasing the reporting of infection data
- HHS telling outright lies about the severity of the disease in their murderous effort to use children as test subjects-
- the White House undercutting the severity of the virus
- the White House inserting itself into the vaccine process over and over and tainting it's objectivity
as well as the lack of action.

HHS had a multi-million dollar campaign to run tv ads in September about how there is no pandemic, yet no ads to educate people on getting the vaccine. I don't believe Trump has even once told his morons to go get the vaccine.

How many months have we been watching polls that said 50% of the country wouldn't take the vaccine? Six?

And what has the executive branch done to address that issue? Nada.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:51 AM   #7302
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
No, it's the US government's lack of logistics in this roll out that people are refusing the vaccine.

A systematic campaign of disinformation from the executive branch of government dating back to February, not just the villainous lies and hoaxes Trump told, but also:
- the CDC ceasing the reporting of infection data
- HHS telling outright lies about the severity of the disease in their murderous effort to use children as test subjects-
- the White House undercutting the severity of the virus
- the White House inserting itself into the vaccine process over and over and tainting it's objectivity
as well as the lack of action.

HHS had a multi-million dollar campaign to run tv ads in September about how there is no pandemic, yet no ads to educate people on getting the vaccine. I don't believe Trump has even once told his morons to go get the vaccine.

How many months have we been watching polls that said 50% of the country wouldn't take the vaccine? Six?

And what has the executive branch done to address that issue? Nada.
If people can't separate that Trump didn't in fact create the vaccines himself and that the worlds experts did, then that is on them. Shame on them.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:20 AM   #7303
Josh.0

There were literally people in this thread saying Trump was rushing the vaccine, including the dope you just quoted. Like he had a big red button that read “Release the vaccine!”
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 11:42 AM   #7304
Mersh

I wasn’t trying to finger point, but I suppose that is 90% of what we do in here.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 11:47 AM   #7305
Mersh

Also people not wanting to take it and doses sitting around not being distributed are 2 different problems.
Old 12-31-2020, 11:54 AM   #7306
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
If people can't separate that Trump didn't in fact create the vaccines himself and that the worlds experts did, then that is on them. Shame on them.
It has nothing to do with "Trump didn't create the vaccine" and everything to do with the vast lie perpetrated by evil people that the coronavirus is not something you need to be vaccinated against and shouldn't stop you from living your life.

You have a nurse in Wisconsin who [Only registered users can see links.] . That's not because he thought Trump created it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I wasn’t trying to finger point, but I suppose that is 90% of what we do in here.

If we don't look at how we got into this pit of disaster, we'll never figure out how to climb back out. We're gonna keep digging for another two months. If we don't learn how to start climbing by then, we're infinitely fucked.

Quote:
Also people not wanting to take it and doses sitting around not being distributed are 2 different problems.
Yes.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
Old 01-01-2021, 03:09 PM   #7307
Mersh

[Only registered users can see links.]

Christ...
Old 01-04-2021, 10:53 AM   #7308
mario

Absolute disaster:

Vaccinations began the 14th? So let's just imagine there's an entire week of lag time and these are just numbers complete through the beginning of last week.

At a pace of 2 mil per week, it would take three years to vaccinate America.

And these are supposed to be the EASY ones. They're just shipping to hospitals and vaccinating workers. Not making appointments with people or trying to find farmers in rural areas....

Quote:
Old 01-04-2021, 11:49 AM   #7309
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

They’re clearly going to get better at it. There is zero chance this pace doesn’t accelerate greatly every single day. Remember when you couldn’t get a test? Then you could get a test, but you wouldn’t know the results who god who knows how long? Now, at least here, you can get a test and have the results by 3am the next day. We were in very rural maine last week. My wife found out she was exposed at work on Christmas morning, she developed a cough on Monday, so she had to drive an hour to a remote hospital. They swabbed her at the drive in in the parking lot at 4pm, she had the results at like 2:30am. And once the pharmacies in administering vaccines, things will accelerate greatly.

Also, here, far more people have had their first shot of the vaccine than have had the fucking virus. Lets keep things in perspective. And people are getting their second shots today.

But, we need to get teachers done asap. Kids need to be full time in school immediately.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:54 AM   #7310
JimBeam41

Quote:
Vaccinations began the 14th? So let's just imagine there's an entire week of lag time and these are just numbers complete through the beginning of last week.

At a pace of 2 mil per week, it would take three years to vaccinate America.

And these are supposed to be the EASY ones. They're just shipping to hospitals and vaccinating workers. Not making appointments with people or trying to find farmers in rural areas....
I have 2 friends who are nurses at Philly hospitals and both have said more than half of the staff are opting to take the vaccine at a later date, they don't want to take this current vaccine. It's disappointing to hear this.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:28 PM   #7311
Josh.0

I know I sound like a broken record...

...but yet again, this is why media sensationalism and hysteria is dangerous. A lot of us saw this exact problem coming a mile away.
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:00 PM   #7312
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
I know I sound like a broken record...

...but yet again, this is why media sensationalism and hysteria is dangerous. A lot of us saw this exact problem coming a mile away.
Well, this is a weird one where they get to play both sides: Panic because no one wants to take it, but also panic because if you want to take it the lines in the states where it is being offered to the general public are ten hours long.

This am when my wife went to get retested before going back to work the line for vaccines was very long, she did not have to wait to get swabbed.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:08 PM   #7313
mario

There are Still massive test failings. . I found out this morning that another lawyer in my building tested positive. My doctor told me that the entire Jefferson health system is only testing it you have severe symptoms

Quote:
Old 01-04-2021, 01:14 PM   #7314
mario

Also, will vaccine distribution get more efficient? Eventually, maybe by March?

Did we waste two weeks and counting? Yes.

Should we have been "better" from the start? Yes.

Waa the big rush to clear a vaccine, undermining is credibility, completely useless political theater since we can't distribute it anyway? Yes.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2021, 01:38 PM   #7315
mario

Quote:
There are Still massive test failings. . I found out this morning that another lawyer in my building tested positive. My doctor told me that the entire Jefferson health system is only testing it you have severe symptoms

Just to follow up on the unavailability of testing:

Today

Tomorrow

Wednesday (as far out as they schedule)

Quote:
Old 01-04-2021, 02:39 PM   #7316
jeff1818

Hopefully vaccines will be available 24/7 7 days a week soon. This 9-5 M-F bull is what will hold things up. Just get it done! Most want the vaccine. If you’re a yahoo that doesn’t, get the hell out of the way.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:43 PM   #7317
Mersh

I think the rules Cuomo has set up in NY, while perhaps well intentioned, are going to result in wasted vaccine. Then again Cuomo is terrible so...
Old 01-04-2021, 05:58 PM   #7318
mario

Quote:

Christ...
A Wisconsin pharmacist who is accused of purposely trying to ruin hundreds of doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at the medical facility where he worked told authorities he did so because he believed the inoculations were "unsafe" and could change people's DNA, officials said Monday, [Only registered users can see links.] to The Associated Press.

From the AP link
According to an affidavit his wife filed on Dec. 30, the same day Brandenburg was arrested in the vaccine tampering, he stopped off at her house on Dec. 6 and dropped off a water purifier and two 30-day supplies of food, telling her that the world was “crashing down” and she was in denial. He said the government was planning cyberattacks and was going to shut down the power grid.

She added that he was storing food in bulk along with guns in rental units and she no longer felt safe around him.
A right wing conspiracy theorist.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2021, 10:27 PM   #7319
Josh.0

Quote:
A right wing conspiracy theorist.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:32 AM   #7320
mario

Doing Grea Nothing

Quote:

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc