These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2020, 06:31 PM   #7181
Mersh

Also I’m not being an asshole, but this isn’t one person who may not have done their job well, this was developed by many many people. I’m not trying to convince anti-vax folks of anything because I know that is futile, just saying.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:42 PM   #7182
jeff1818

To the people who refuse to get the Covid vaccine, you're just making the madness endure. You think the world will get back together soon and it's just a flu? Or the vaccine is not needed? People go to the store with feeling they are in danger. If you don't take the vaccine, fine. But the 100s of millions that do will make your life much more bearable because the pandemic will end and you'll be able to go to the movies. If everyone said NO then we'd either say screw it and let it kill us all off or stay locked down forever.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:30 PM   #7183
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Yea, you're a fucking selfish pussy if you don't get the vaccine.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:41 PM   #7184
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Also I’m not being an asshole, but this isn’t one person who may not have done their job well, this was developed by many many people. I’m not trying to convince anti-vax folks of anything because I know that is futile, just saying.
That's true, and yeah I had shots when I was a kid, and I've had the tetanus shot and meningitis shot. There's a LOT of people afraid to take this vaccine not just Anti-Vax people. Ask around. Even healthcare workers are refusing to take it. Also, Moderna and Pfizer say that their vaccine is "90%" effective, but that doesn't mean that's 100% true. We'll soon find out I suppose. It worked in several trials when they worked on it, but every person is incredibly different in how they may or may not react.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:57 PM   #7185
Fan#41

I have to say in regards to Healthcare Professionals, not all who are declining the vaccine are doing so because they're scared or because of political beliefs. There are MANY who are "refusing" the vaccine just so other Doctors, Nurses, etc... can skip ahead in the line. I was speaking with my Doctor a few days ago about this. She said some of her colleagues who do not work directly with Covid patients or are not in the Respiratory wing, who were chosen to get their first dosage (second dosages begin 3 weeks after you've had your first shot) decided to "stand down" because there are an alarming number of not just Nurses but basic medical Staffers who were completely skipped over. After the first frontliners of Doctors, Nurses, Staffers, etc.. received their shots, the next round went to the second wave of those same professionals who may not have been spending all their time with Covid patients but have put in a certain amount of hours working on the Covid/Respiratory floors. And apparently somewhere in that second wave of professionals who were supposed to receive the shots, the administrations had a lot of miscommunication. And because of that many workers on those floors/wings would not be able to get their shots until Feb.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:23 PM   #7186
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
I have to say in regards to Healthcare Professionals, not all who are declining the vaccine are doing so because they're scared or because of political beliefs. There are MANY who are "refusing" the vaccine just so other Doctors, Nurses, etc... can skip ahead in the line. I was speaking with my Doctor a few days ago about this. She said some of her colleagues who do not work directly with Covid patients or are not in the Respiratory wing, who were chosen to get their first dosage (second dosages begin 3 weeks after you've had your first shot) decided to "stand down" because there are an alarming number of not just Nurses but basic medical Staffers who were completely skipped over. After the first frontliners of Doctors, Nurses, Staffers, etc.. received their shots, the next round went to the second wave of those same professionals who may not have been spending all their time with Covid patients but have put in a certain amount of hours working on the Covid/Respiratory floors. And apparently somewhere in that second wave of professionals who were supposed to receive the shots, the administrations had a lot of miscommunication. And because of that many workers on those floors/wings would not be able to get their shots until Feb.
Definitley makes sense and explains a lot about why they wouldn’t take it. Regardless, I mean, it’s still the quickest a vaccine has ever been created and approved, I really don’t think someone is a “selfish asshole” because they’re a little worried about that aspect of it.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:07 AM   #7187
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Definitley makes sense and explains a lot about why they wouldn’t take it. Regardless, I mean, it’s still the quickest a vaccine has ever been created and approved, I really don’t think someone is a “selfish asshole” because they’re a little worried about that aspect of it.
I guess I understand your trepidations, but please let go of your ego and skepticism and understand that you are not the expert on this. Not even close. Coronavirus vaccines have been in development for over a decade. The trials/testing may have been done in record time but this isn’t some slapped together solution. This is science. Your reasons for not getting the vaccine are 100% far more baseless than the reasons to get it. And we depend on many many people getting the vaccine for it to work widespread. Getting the vaccine is certainly your choice but understand that by getting it, and believing in science, you are only helping. And by not getting it, you are only hindering.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 01:24 AM   #7188
gweeps
homesick android

Probably mentioned, but Fauci got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine. And Birx will retire from her job, in large part because it turns out she went out of state for a get together with two generations of family over Thanksgiving.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:20 AM   #7189
JimBeam41

Quote:
Regardless, I mean, it’s still the quickest a vaccine has ever been created and approved, I really don’t think someone is a “selfish asshole” because they’re a little worried about that aspect of it.
Josh answered this question about 2 weeks ago explaining it nicely. I don’t feel like looking for it, but there’s no reason to be nervous about how quickly this vaccine became available.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:30 AM   #7190
Mersh

Quote:
Quick perhaps, but the groundwork for the vaccine has been going on for quite some time. Not trying to convince you just saying.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 02:49 PM   #7191
jeff1818

Looks like a lot of fun!!
Nut job, psychopaths:
[Only registered users can see links.]
Old 12-23-2020, 03:32 PM   #7192
gweeps
homesick android

It's almost like some people are in a survival "fight or flight" mode with these protests. Unless you're having difficulty making ends meet, about to lose your home, worried about cancelled surgery and appointments, have been sick or lost a loved one, what do you really have to protest? Wearing a mask? Missing out on that scheduled fun time that you probably can reschedule? Not seeing friends as much? More time to catch up on things you've usually put on the backburner? Oh yeah, and you've got folks paranoid about vaccines, some of which have had their skeletons worked on for years. And have gone through the usual rigid requirements to gain approval, although authorization came quicker because of the extraordinary circumstances we all find ourselves in.

I can get behind some reasons for protesting lockdowns, but isn't it typical the ones we seem to always hear about are the frivolous ones? It can't be just the mass media amplifying people's foolishness.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:56 PM   #7193
jeff1818

People are sick of lockdowns and the whole covid thing. And it's Xmas and caroling and hanging with friends... I get why some want to rebel. It takes a strong will to NOT go out with friends or fly home.

It's also selfish and idiotic to go to church on Xmas Eve without a mask. By the way, this is definitely a thing: "no mask required". I'd be scared out of my mind. But you know, fake disease and all...As if just because you're in church you won't die.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:00 PM   #7194
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Deadliest year is US history. First time over 3,000,000 deaths. Still have some time to pad the stats a bit too! #brushfire #controlledburn #plandemic

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 05:18 PM   #7195
jeff1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Deadliest year is US history. First time over 3,000,000 deaths. Still have some time to pad the stats a bit too! #brushfire #controlledburn #plandemic
Hoping Kirk C. and his hot chocolate, song singing public, mask tossing shruggery doesn't infect his 10 kids. #freedom #teardown the elastic straps on my ears

HAHA!
Old 12-23-2020, 06:25 PM   #7196
mario

I remain stupefied by this:

That's 10%. There is clearly something I don't understand about this data.

Can anyone make sense of it?

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:21 PM   #7197
jeff1818

what's the source (url)?
Old 12-23-2020, 09:27 PM   #7198
mario

I posted it up the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
So this is actually real. After all the hoopla and bullshit about getting vaccines out, it turns out Biden was right that there's no plan to get vaccines into people's arms.

[Only registered users can see links.]

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:47 PM   #7199
jeff1818

It'll take time. Hoping in Jan they ramp up. Need 1.2MM a day for 6 months straight to get to 215 mil or 65% to knock this on its ass.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:42 PM   #7200
gweeps
homesick android

Osterholm thinks the U.K. variant is already in the U.S. He think that it will turn out to be more infectious, and possibly more harmful. But he has a sense that the vaccines will still work, even if there is a slight muting of the efficacy.

Dr. Teresa Tam in Canada claims the new variant from the U.K. isn't in Canada yet.

There is also another variant circulating in South Africa.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc