These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2016, 03:15 PM   #101
batleon

Well they said it was going to be something big but I wasn't expecting this show... First ever MSG release right?
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:22 PM   #102
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
how the hell aren't people more excited about this?
I was just really looking forward to the Cville 2016 show you guaranteed we were getting.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:22 PM   #103
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I was just really looking forward to the Cville 2016 show you guaranteed we were getting.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:22 PM   #104
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:24 PM   #105
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Waiting for the "I was just busting your balls"
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 03:24 PM   #106
Mersh

I was at this show, so there is that aspect of it, but I don't hold it in as high regard as others do it seems. Glad people are excited for it though. Good to see the last few releases get praised/overall warm reception.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #107
Mersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Waiting for the "I was just busting your balls"
no way, this shit is way too serious for that.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:46 PM   #108
Crush87

Quote:
Crush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #109
HeyJoe5

Quote:
Originally Posted by greppson View Post
Yeah.

I have always maintained that when James Brown came out and then when they went into Halloween were the 2 loudest moments I've ever experienced at a DMB show. Crowd was CRAZY into both of those.
This.

In 2002 Halloween was still very much a rarity, too. That was such an awesome moment.

I was behind the stage for this show, so had a unique viewpoint of the stage and crowd... it actually enhanced the experience for me, I think. Still have some vivid memories of specific moments from this night. Now I'm excited to see what it looked like from in front of the stage.

I did the Albany>MSG>DC run to close out the tour. So much fun.
HeyJoe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:19 PM   #110
greykitkat36

Quote:
I wasn't the only one who thought CVille was going to be the holiday live Trax. Based on the trend they had of realeasing shows from the most recent year and the fact it was a 25th anniversary show and the whole sha-bang, I'm honestly really really surprised it wasn't released yet. The band must not have ok'd it..maybe they didn't like how they played the new songs or the show in general, I just find it hard to beleive They had no intention of releasing it.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:21 PM   #111
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
I wasn't the only one who thought CVille was going to be the holiday live Trax. Based on the trend they had of realeasing shows from the most recent year and the fact it was a 25th anniversary show and the whole sha-bang, I'm honestly really really surprised it wasn't released yet. The band must not have ok'd it..maybe they didn't like how they played the new songs or the show in general, I just find it hard to beleive They had no intention of releasing it.
It still could be released as an official release...are they still doing those?
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:21 PM   #112
greykitkat36

Btw, this release shatters that whole MSG.conspriaracy if needed special rights or whatever to release shows. Basically, they know the MSG shows are special and they were waiting for opportune time to release them.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #113
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
It still could be released as an official release...are they still doing those?
They haven't done one I don't beleive since wrigley field, I know LT32 had a DVD can't remember if it was an in store release. Either way, it's been a long time, and a 25th anniversary show is the perfect reason to do it. I'm not sure if the ship has sailed on that or not, wouldn't make much sense to me to release a 25th year show the following year, defeats the purpose. Though if they're looking for a way to keep casual people interested in the band in 2017 during the break, that's probably a good time to release something like that so maybe they'll wait on it
Old 11-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #114
JimBeam41

Quote:
Btw, this release shatters that whole MSG.conspriaracy if needed special rights or whatever to release shows. Basically, they know the MSG shows are special and they were waiting for opportune time to release them.
Yup, and to think of all the MSG shows, we felt this was longest shot to get released due to James Brown.

Great show, I was behind the stage that night. I'm pre-ordering the Blu-Ray/CD, though I'll probably never get around to watching it.
Old 11-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #115
greykitkat36

Quote:
I was at this show, so there is that aspect of it, but I don't hold it in as high regard as others do it seems. Glad people are excited for it though. Good to see the last few releases get praised/overall warm reception.
What makes you not view it in high regard? It's about as good as '02 DMB gets, no? I mean it's certainly overhyped because of the whole James brown thing, but it's a far better show than say, 10/31/98
Old 11-04-2016, 04:33 PM   #116
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Yup. I'm with Mitch, there is pretty far down the list of MSG shows I'd want to see released, but still nice to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
Great show, I was behind the stage that night. I'm pre-ordering the Blu-Ray/CD, though I'll probably never get around to watching it.
Same, if I get this I can pretty much guarantee I'll never watch it. And if I do, I won't be sober.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:36 PM   #117
greykitkat36

What other MSG shows are above this? Only one I can think of is 12/3/98 obviously. I would think all the other ones would be pretty equally exciting
Old 11-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #118
celluloid hero

At the very least I think it would be pretty cynical to not say this is a "big show" even if for whatever reason a person didn't like the show itself. Some shows are their own event and stand above maybe the sum of their parts. This one fits that I think. It's not just a really good show in a good tour like LT34 or 35. They're going a bit all-out on this. First MSG release, skipping over the annual current tour show for the first time since 2013, blu ray for the first time, the amount of effort it must have taken to sign off for the guests (though I assume Karl Denson as the opening act was part of their contract). Then on top of that, an under-represented year (first 2002 LT), plus a bonus disc not just slapped together with songs from the night before, but I assume research went into it. Granted I'm not assuming that our research and their research would necessary yield the same results, but there's a lot to be excited about with this release, I think. For a release such as Volume 40, I think they did what they could. Hopefully the bonus disc lives up, but even if there's one track I like, it's more than I got with LT39.

Hope the tour sampler continues, but honestly there's nothing else from this tour that needs to come out, so this was the right show to do it with. This tour had a unique Nancies - Warehouse segue, especially the Tampa opener.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:58 PM   #119
JWood

Let's hope this mix is great. I've always wanted more '02 releases after the mix on The Gorge box set.
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:55 PM   #120
Garntd

HELL. YES. This was the first show I used stubhub to get into - spent a good chunk of money, but it was worth every single penny. Had tickets in the 400s but made friends with a guard on night 1 and he let me sit in empty seats right behind carter. It's going to be really great to have this night in sbd audio, let alone on DVD/blu-ray.
Garntd is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc