These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2016, 11:31 PM   #181
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
dmb's core fanbase that is buying these releases is affluent 30-45 year olds and 90% of them probably have a dvd player or blu-ray.
Jack aged me out of the fanbase... maybe that's why I haven't had much interest in DMB lately
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:27 AM   #182
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I honestly thought blu Ray was dead already. DVDs are super ancient at this point
You're young, no? Old people don't move on as fast. And I don't use discs anymore, but I still have two bd players in my house. And for this, you still need the disc in order to creat a digital copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Jack aged me out of the fanbase... maybe that's why I haven't had much interest in DMB lately
nah, that's the core. you're like the godfather. Our highlander. There can only be one.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:54 AM   #183
Mitch

Ooh, ok. I like the sound of that much better!
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:35 AM   #184
cryfreedom09

Quote:
nah, that's the core. you're like the godfather. Our highlander. There can only be one.
Our Ancient One
cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #185
ThememanXX

Quote:
A co-worker gave me a book this morning: "Grandpa Simpson's Guide to Aging," as an inside joke about me being 'old' at 31 (he's 26!) I feel you.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:32 AM   #186
greykitkat36

Quote:
You're young, no? Old people don't move on as fast. And I don't use discs anymore, but I still have two bd players in my house. And for this, you still need the disc in order to creat a digital copy.

Yeah, 27. But you're not that old I know people out there hAve blu Ray players and DVD players and what not, but in terms of like current trending technology, that stuff is super outdated. But you're right, the majority of people buying this will be closer to 40 and older than my age
Old 11-08-2016, 11:39 AM   #187
celluloid hero

I hope it sells. They were obviously reluctant to spend the effort and cost on producing two options, and if people aren't going to buy blu ray for a show that they know is special, I wouldn't expect to see the option in the future.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:09 PM   #188
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
I hope it sells. They were obviously reluctant to spend the effort and cost on producing two options, and if people aren't going to buy blu ray for a show that they know is special, I wouldn't expect to see the option in the future.
Digital download
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #189
willndmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
MKW is your friend and completely free. Do a full backup or convert main movie to .mkw
Thanks
I'll check Into that but in the mean time do you know if .mkw will play in iTunes so I can stream to my Apple TV?
Thanks again
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:34 PM   #190
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Digital download
What about it? Are you looking for digital download video? What I'm saying is in the future there will be other offers that include a video disc. You have to believe sales of this show will determine whether they produce DVD or Blu Ray or both in the future.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 02:47 PM   #191
ThememanXX

Quote:
What about it? Are you looking for digital download video? What I'm saying is in the future there will be other offers that include a video disc. You have to believe sales of this show will determine whether they produce DVD or Blu Ray or both in the future.
I'll absolutely be pre-ordering the blu-ray. This sort of release is a long time coming.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 11-08-2016, 02:51 PM   #192
bdh4136

Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
Thanks
I'll check Into that but in the mean time do you know if .mkw will play in iTunes so I can stream to my Apple TV?
Thanks again
I don't use iTunes for video but if you have the latest gen Apple TV, check out Plex/Plex server. That's how I stream .mkw
bdh4136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 03:29 PM   #193
CRUSHsoccer15

I'd digital download stuff from them, but their shitty DL tool fails on me all the time.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #194
dobyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I don't know anyone that still buys DVDs or has a DVD player, let alone a blue ray player. Does PS4 play blu Ray discs? If so awesome. If not, I don't see many people buying it
The top 100 selling Blu-ray titles in the US alone throughout 2016 so far have moved 38,659,022 Blu-ray Discs.

According to DEG statistics by end of 2015 44% of US households had at least one Blu-ray Disc player.

Quote:
I hope and expect they will do at least one modern Blu-ray with a true HD source before they decide whether to go back to just CD+DVD. The costs of doing BD are miniscule compared to where they were in 2007 when you needed to move 20,000 units to break even.
dobyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:22 PM   #195
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
I'm saying they could avoid the overhead of pressing video discs by doing digital downloads
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:56 PM   #196
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I'm saying they could avoid the overhead of pressing video discs by doing digital downloads
There is a reason most hd video sites are streaming, though. Those are huge files people would be d/ling. Obviously still doable, but not so easy. And then what file format do you use? Most video d/ls are tied to a service for ease of use. The average person has no idea how to play an mkv file.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 02:23 PM   #197
ThememanXX

Quote:
There is a reason most hd video sites are streaming, though. Those are huge files people would be d/ling. Obviously still doable, but not so easy. And then what file format do you use? Most video d/ls are tied to a service for ease of use. The average person has no idea how to play an mkv file.
This is a band who can't even provide digital downloads for music without a headache, and we expect them to do it with video? Pass.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 11-10-2016, 03:56 PM   #198
greykitkat36

Quote:
Yep. They could use '.mp4 that most standard players play, but yeah the file would be huge especially if it's HD. You'd be talking about each song taking up roughly 1 GB minimum. Streaming makes sense. They could do a service where people pay for access roc stream everything that would be easier.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:01 PM   #199
TheNoise
Mr. DMB, I don't feel so good.

since they started offering zip file downloads for the digital option i have had zero problems downloading. usually in chrome, but the zip file always seems to work without issue for me.

sorry you guys keep having trouble. i definitely had issues with the download manager thing not working in the past, but the zip has been great for me.
TheNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:05 PM   #200
JWood

Just realized this has Fool to Think
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc