These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2015, 09:51 PM   #201
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I listened to the aud, it was a decent show. But not worth it to buy cause I doubt I would ever listen to it again

Probably my only LT purchases now are going to come from 04 and before. I'm hoping for 7/2/04.

that's the show I'm waiting for as well
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 05:38 AM   #202
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
If there ever is an MSG release one day, it will be sold in stores as well.
This is so long overdue, and I think it will happen eventually. Those shows are the major ones missing that really are widespread favorites and must haves. '98, '00, '02, even 12/10/05. really mind blowing nothing has found its way to a release. Must def be some type of legality issue or something, or the management is saving those gems for Post DMB retirement money. Id buy in a heartbeat.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:23 PM   #203
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
This is so long overdue, and I think it will happen eventually. Those shows are the major ones missing that really are widespread favorites and must haves. '98, '00, '02, even 12/10/05. really mind blowing nothing has found its way to a release. Must def be some type of legality issue or something, or the management is saving those gems for Post DMB retirement money. Id buy in a heartbeat.
MSG gets a cut of the revenue from live album sales, so maybe that's why. However, DMB can easily afford this, so who knows.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:46 AM   #204
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
MSG gets a cut of the revenue from live album sales, so maybe that's why. However, DMB can easily afford this, so who knows.
I would be kind of surprised that's the reason keeping them on the shelf. Could they really be that greedy? I think one of those releases will sell a lot better than the LT they've been putting out as of late.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:56 PM   #205
Habbs
Organic

I bought this download a few months ago, finally listened to it. The mix is good, but I think Stefan is a little too low, could use him just a little louder. Solid Bartender, I always love Squirm, I think Dive In is a fine song unfairly dismissed by most and this is a good performance, as said in this thread The Stone through Dreaming Tree is an awesome run, I like Funny the Way It Is more than Why I Am, Typical is great, the end of Crush stood out, nice Two Step, chants for Halloween before Time Bomb and then a very nice Halloween encore closer.
Overall good but not one of my favorites, it will get more listens than a bunch of Live Trax.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:55 AM   #206
Poth Ead
Stay boring my friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbs View Post
I bought this download a few months ago, finally listened to it. The mix is good, but I think Stefan is a little too low, could use him just a little louder. Solid Bartender, I always love Squirm, I think Dive In is a fine song unfairly dismissed by most and this is a good performance, as said in this thread The Stone through Dreaming Tree is an awesome run, I like Funny the Way It Is more than Why I Am, Typical is great, the end of Crush stood out, nice Two Step, chants for Halloween before Time Bomb and then a very nice Halloween encore closer.
Overall good but not one of my favorites, it will get more listens than a bunch of Live Trax.
The BW run (Shake Me, Funny, Why I Am) with Typical tucked in there is a good run during this show too. All performed well, especially Typical...
Poth Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:21 AM   #207
Bluewater34
Is Old

I was just saying in another thread a couple of days ago that this show faded for me really quickly. Typical still hangs on in my head, but I just don't have a single thought of returning to this whole show after listening to it twice. Don't really know why.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #208
cryfreedom09

Always enjoyed this release. Not a top 10 though Mitch
cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:35 PM   #209
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryfreedom09 View Post
Always enjoyed this release. Not a top 10 though Mitch
So this is the one!
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #210
cryfreedom09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
So this is the one!
maybe.
cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 07:34 PM   #211
sean52692
You failed this band

Interesting in this Typical how they bounce back and forth between the 7/8 jam and the chorus music. Good version.

Good release too. Awesome setlist and lots of Jeff.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:44 PM   #212
Bluewater34
Is Old

Oh yeah, this exists, doesn’t it?
Old 01-16-2020, 07:54 PM   #213
sean52692
You failed this band

Yup. You're only the top poster in the thread.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:17 PM   #214
Bluewater34
Is Old

That’s hilarious. I seriously haven’t thought about this one in years.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:48 PM   #215
DIDO36

Just now getting to this release. Holy shit, this was released 5 years ago? It seems like that video clip of the bartender was dropped just yesterday.

Anyway, I think this is actually a great release. This setlist still holds up as pretty good. This was great in 2009. The only bullshit in this set is some of the BW songs. Itís not even that BW heavy. Even 10 years later you can get some sets that are more BW heavy then that set. You have to remember BW songs were really fresh then, so BW wasnít nearly as bad. This set doesnít have any duds like the 2007 songs, Stand Up, or Everyday so thatís a plus. This maybe the best set of 2009. Stone, Typical,DT, Pig, and Halloween in the same show.

This show was played very well. Bartender was pretty awesome. They werenít rushing it like they did in later 3.0. It sounds more like the 2018+ versions. This was when 3.0. was actually good. They werenít so canned then. Iím still a little annoyed by Rashawns additions, but at least Jeff was let loose. Main thing was they werenít rushing songs quite yet, and it didnít sound nearly close to the wall of sound that came later in 3.0. This DT is a monster of a Jam. Carter was a total machine. Awesome jam on Crush with Jeff battling with Timmy, and the Carter section at the end was fire. That Stone was something else too. Ants maybe the one classic that I wasnít on board with. I have never loved Jeffís approach to ants. Roiís soulful playing is what made ants really good. Itís one of those that canít be replaced. At least the tempo is fine on this version and boyd didnít skree. Like an earlier comment, its probably one of the best ants in 3.0, but itís still not my cup of tea. Two step has a good intro on this version. The jam is still amazing in 3.0., but I like butch versions that were more jazzy better then this era. With that said, this is a very hot 3.0. version for the hard rock style. it smokes hard. Halloween is excellent. 2008/2009 Halloweenís are great. Too bad Halloween went downhill in 2012. Really great listen overall. Probably be a staple in the car. I know it wasnít the greatest year for set but I like the 2009 sound. Give me something from the spring of 2009.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:19 AM   #216
sean52692
You failed this band

Nice review. This release definitely has some of the best 3.0 with Jeff performances like Bartender, Pig, Crush, Dreaming Tree, Stone, and Typical.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:24 AM   #217
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

Yeah, arguably our best Jeff showcase release. Some definite filler, but he knocks one song after another out of the park, with solos on every sax/flute/pennywhistle he plays.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:29 AM   #218
batleon

Honestly 2009 was pretty hot before they went to Europe. The shows were good IMO.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:15 PM   #219
dmb1981

This was the best set of 2009. That Spac show not far behind. I went to both, out of 100+ shows I've seen, this is easily top 5.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc