These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2021, 01:32 PM   #13421
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
As I watch these proceedings today, seems like the stance some have is that if between certification and inauguration you can do whatever you want as President.
It's like Rumspriga!

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:06 PM   #13422
gweeps
homesick android

Whether you feel sorry for him or not, you gotta admit, Trump's had a rough year. But he's made things a hell of a lot rougher for many, many others, so I don't feel that sorry for him.

It's always fascinating though to see "the mighty fall".
Old 01-13-2021, 04:33 PM   #13423
mario

The only President to ever be impeached twice. So much winning.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
Old 01-13-2021, 04:52 PM   #13424
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Nothing going to be done about it, so just prepare to move on

Never forget the Great Prognosticator.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2021, 04:59 PM   #13425
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
The only President to ever be impeached twice. So much winning.
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 05:31 PM   #13426
mario

Look at [Only registered users can see links.] ! A real government!

Jen Psaki, who will serve as chief spokesperson for President-elect Joe Biden when he takes office next week, told CBS News correspondent Paula Reid that all of her staffers will be asked to wear the medical-grade masks around the complex, with limited exceptions for those sitting alone in their offices.

Psaki also indicated [...] that the new administration will resume regular press briefings, which have become sporadic under President Trump.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2021, 05:54 PM   #13427
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

oh son of a bitch. Probably my closest friend just told me he believes in QANON. I just told him that due the value I place on our friendship to please never mention it again
Old 01-13-2021, 05:59 PM   #13428
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

MOTHER FUCKER now he is sending me pages of Lin Wood shit. I really need to start picking friends better
Old 01-13-2021, 06:42 PM   #13429
greykitkat36

Quote:
Never forget the Great Prognosticator.
Senate still has to go to trial and vote, and they won't be in favor. This is just political theatre.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:09 PM   #13430
mario

Quote:
Senate still has to go to trial and vote, and they won't be in favor. This is just political theatre.
Oh, being impeached counts as "nothing". Cool backpedaling!

Quote:
Old 01-14-2021, 10:42 AM   #13431
mario

Unpossible!
[Only registered users can see links.] , according to a Guardian [Only registered users can see links.] of data compiled by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data (ACLED) project’s U.S. Crisis Monitor database.

The analysis found that since April, police responded to left-wing protests with methods like batons, rubber bullets and tear gas on 511 occasions, compared to 33 right-wing protests.

The Guardian’s analysis found this translated to use of force at 4.7 percent of left-wing protests and 1.4 percent of right-wing ones.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2021, 01:17 PM   #13432
mario

Quote:
Old 01-14-2021, 01:40 PM   #13433
mario

[Only registered users can see links.]
Instructed not to use any of the half-dozen bathrooms inside the couple’s house, the Secret Service detail assigned to President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law spent months searching for a reliable restroom to use on the job, according to neighbors and law enforcement officials. After resorting to a porta-potty, as well as bathrooms at the nearby home of former president Barack Obama and the not-so-nearby residence of Vice President Pence, the agents finally found a toilet to call their own.

But it came at a cost to U.S. taxpayers. Since September 2017, the federal government has been spending $3,000 a month — more than $100,000 to date —to rent a basement studio, with a bathroom, from a neighbor of the Kushner family.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2021, 01:56 PM   #13434
greykitkat36

Quote:
Instructed not to use any of the half-dozen bathrooms inside the couple’s house, the Secret Service detail assigned to President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law spent months searching for a reliable restroom to use on the job, according to neighbors and law enforcement officials. After resorting to a porta-potty, as well as bathrooms at the nearby home of former president Barack Obama and the not-so-nearby residence of Vice President Pence, the agents finally found a toilet to call their own.

But it came at a cost to U.S. taxpayers. Since September 2017, the federal government has been spending $3,000 a month — more than $100,000 to date —to rent a basement studio, with a bathroom, from a neighbor of the Kushner family.

We’ll be paying 10x that amount as taxpayers of any of these environmental regulations/legislation ever gets through in the next four years
Old 01-14-2021, 01:56 PM   #13435
sneaksbeac

Not that I like anyone associated with the current administration, and I really think this story is 100% true. BUT...is it possible the Secret Service said they needed a bathroom and office space...or a bathroom and a storage space..something along those lines? Hence why they needed to rent such a space near there residence?

This is an actual question not trying to pick a fight or anything.
sneaksbeac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:10 PM   #13436
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaksbeac View Post
Not that I like anyone associated with the current administration, and I really think this story is 100% true. BUT...is it possible the Secret Service said they needed a bathroom and office space...or a bathroom and a storage space..something along those lines? Hence why they needed to rent such a space near there residence?

This is an actual question not trying to pick a fight or anything.
No. They were driving miles away to use bathrooms in other protected people's homes. (Pence and Obama.)***

They tried renting a port a potty, but it was an eyesore to the neighborhood and gross.

The article details exactly what happened:
Two law enforcement officials said the bathrooms inside the Trump/Kushnerhome were declared off-limits to the people protecting themfrom the beginning. One official did not know the reason for this restriction, while the other said it was instigated by the couple. Both spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of security arrangements for the president’s family.[...]

The agents assigned to the president’s daughter and son-in-law began driving a mile to Pence’s home at the Naval Observatory, where they were allowed to use a bathroom in a stand-alone guard station. If they didn’t have time for that excursion, the law enforcement officials said, they relied on the hospitality of nearby restaurants.

*** - I didn't want to run off on this tangent, but this is an insane part of the story that is worth mentioning for entertainment value.

The Ivanka Secret Service detail at one point was driving to Obama's house, where the Obamas allow their Secret Service detail to use the bathroom in their home, to use the bathroom there.

Then, Obama's DETAIL banned the Ivanka DETAIL because a supervisor made "an unpleasant mess" of the bathroom there.

Being clear: the Obama detail continue to use the Obama home bathroom. The agents banned the other agents for whatever happened in the bathroom.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2021, 02:21 PM   #13437
mario

A lame-duck session of the Illinois General Assembly passed a set of criminal justice reforms on Wednesday that is likely to outlast many of their terms in office. [Only registered users can see links.] , which is headed to the governor after it passed the Senate, paves a road to ending cash bail in the state among other sweeping changes.

Quote:
Old 01-14-2021, 03:12 PM   #13438
Mersh

Quote:
We’ll be paying 10x that amount as taxpayers of any of these environmental regulations/legislation ever gets through in the next four years
Any of which regulations?

Edit: I also don’t care much about this story because it isn’t very surprising, but this is some deflection.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:15 PM   #13439
greykitkat36

Quote:
In general dems support “green” initiatives which always raises taxes on businesses as well as individuals.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:16 PM   #13440
mario

Quote:
You know, the ones...

Quote:

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc