These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #61
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 19,609
When is RSD again this year?
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #62
blrobl
 
blrobl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,083
4/20
blrobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #63
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Poth Ead will not be making it that day.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #64
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 19,609
Hmm...there is a local store near me who is participating. I wonder if I should make the attempt.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:18 AM   #65
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinoyed
Posts: 18,942
Best place to get a record player online? I've looked through Amazon, just not sure what to get.
__________________
Currently listening to:
2/16/96, Pepin Gymnasium, Middlebury, VT
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #66
blrobl
 
blrobl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,083
I won't be much help with a current model - I got an old cabinet from the 60's off of craigslist for free. Thing fucking booms and doubles as a great storing place for my albums.
blrobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #67
LoganBuckeye
O-H-I-O
 
LoganBuckeye's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 182
What do you want to spend and how seriously do you want to delve into the "audiophile"-ness that comes with listening to vinyl?

I mean, you can spend under $100 or you can spend thousands of dollars on a set up.
LoganBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #68
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinoyed
Posts: 18,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganBuckeye View Post
What do you want to spend and how seriously do you want to delve into the "audiophile"-ness that comes with listening to vinyl?

I mean, you can spend under $100 or you can spend thousands of dollars on a set up.
Very casually. It's be cool to pick up 5-10 of my favorite albums for it.
__________________
Currently listening to:
2/16/96, Pepin Gymnasium, Middlebury, VT
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #69
LoganBuckeye
O-H-I-O
 
LoganBuckeye's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Very casually. It's be cool to pick up 5-10 of my favorite albums for it.
You probably would be happy with either of the Audio Technica turntables on Amazon.

You can choose between the belt-drive model or the direct drive model. I have two turntables and one of each. My belt drive is really high end and vintage from the '60s, so I've had to replace the belt (which only cost about $10-$15).

A direct drive table will run as long as the motor does which will probably be long enough to last you a lifetime unless you really get serious, in which case you'll likely upgrade to a new table anyway.

You can also decide if you want some of the digital additions like USB out and vinyl-MP3 capability.

Good luck!
LoganBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #70
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinoyed
Posts: 18,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganBuckeye View Post
You probably would be happy with either of the Audio Technica turntables on Amazon.

You can choose between the belt-drive model or the direct drive model. I have two turntables and one of each. My belt drive is really high end and vintage from the '60s, so I've had to replace the belt (which only cost about $10-$15).

A direct drive table will run as long as the motor does which will probably be long enough to last you a lifetime unless you really get serious, in which case you'll likely upgrade to a new table anyway.

You can also decide if you want some of the digital additions like USB out and vinyl-MP3 capability.

Good luck!
Great. Thanks a bunch for the info.
__________________
Currently listening to:
2/16/96, Pepin Gymnasium, Middlebury, VT
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #71
Habbs
Organic
 
Habbs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 2,862
Still the best Live Trax and the only one I own. The opening run is amazing (although the one from Live Trax 3 is better IMO) and #41 and The Last Stop are among the best they've ever played, especially The Last Stop.
__________________
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." - John Lennon
"Rituals are important. Nowadays it's hip not to be married. I'm not interested in being hip." - John Lennon
Habbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #72
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbs View Post
Still the best Live Trax and the only one I own. The opening run is amazing (although the one from Live Trax 3 is better IMO) and #41 and The Last Stop are among the best they've ever played, especially The Last Stop.
Really? I mean, I'm not a completest but I still own quite a few LTs. If nothing else you should have 3, 7, 12, and 20.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #73
Fan#41
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mansfield, MA
Posts: 32,063
Yeah. At the very least everyone should own a physical copy of 7.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #74
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 23,548
And 23.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #75
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
i only own physical copies of 1, 3, and whatever number that Fenway set is.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #76
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 23,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
i only own physical copies of 1, 3, and whatever number that Fenway set is.
Ahh, all shows I was at.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #77
Fan#41
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mansfield, MA
Posts: 32,063
Northeast 4 lyfe.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #78
1t. Dan
 
1t. Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 4,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbs View Post
Still the best Live Trax and the only one I own. The opening run is amazing (although the one from Live Trax 3 is better IMO) and #41 and The Last Stop are among the best they've ever played, especially The Last Stop.
yikes man,

I couldn't live without 3 and 7 and 8.

Fenway is decent. 15 is good for me too (was at the show)

The rest are good but there are some you can't skip!!
1t. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #79
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
And 23.
Right, how'd I forget that one? Still can't quite believe they released it I guess.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #80
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinoyed
Posts: 18,942
Bela's solo on #41 might be one of my favorite DMB moments.
__________________
Currently listening to:
2/16/96, Pepin Gymnasium, Middlebury, VT
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.05044 seconds with 13 queries