These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #41
buddha05
Gene Parmesan

I completely agree (and hope) that there is more on the way. Just good that even through the BS, there are some great gems that we have gotten.
buddha05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #42
mynameisdon
Keep Your Enemies Closer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Carter is mixed terribly on this one. Sounds like a shotgun blast.
Couldn't agree more.. Completely different mix from how he sounds on WH volume 1.
mynameisdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #43
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

I think we'll see another December 98 show again at some point.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #44
FiddySpence
TDCya

Quote:
A shame it's so buried on the Warehouse Volume 1 mix.
why?
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #45
Fan#41

Quote:
Carter is mixed terribly on this one. Sounds like a shotgun blast.
I love it. Had that touch of echo as well. Much more depth than the wood-block sound his snare had in 1996.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Yeah Béla's solo on that one takes me back.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissident View Post
why?
Why is it a shame or are you asking why it was buried in the mix?
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #46
FiddySpence
TDCya

why it's a shame. if that was the only version we had, i'd get it. but it's not, so there's no reason to ever listen to the warehouse mix again.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #47
Fan#41

I disagree. While I love LT1 and I like it's mix, the WH5 Vol. I has one of the best mixes in my opinion. Bela was turned down in that mix just to even everyone else out. Everyone is balanced so well in the WH5 mix and I think the only way to do that was probably to make some adjustments. I listen to the WH5 Vol. I every now and then, just as I do with LT1.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #48
FiddySpence
TDCya

i don't mean the whole disc, i mean just that single performance of #41 on it. i listen to the other songs a bit.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #49
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
I disagree. While I love LT1 and I like it's mix, the WH5 Vol. I has one of the best mixes in my opinion. Bela was turned down in that mix just to even everyone else out. Everyone is balanced so well in the WH5 mix and I think the only way to do that was probably to make some adjustments. I listen to the WH5 Vol. I every now and then, just as I do with LT1.
Coffin's not loud enough, imo
Old 03-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #50
blrobl

Who is picking this up on vinyl for the Record Store Day Release? Sure as hell going to try to!
blrobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #51
TDunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by blrobl View Post
Who is picking this up on vinyl for the Record Store Day Release? Sure as hell going to try to!
For 65?
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #52
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

I'm definitely going to try. I was there so the $$ is worthit to me. Plus, it's kind of a unique collectable.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #53
celluloid hero

Yeah $65 for 1 in 500 first vinyl Live Trax is a steal. I have no intention of selling mine if I get one, but they will bring big money on the secondary market.

Incidentally I listened to this over the weekend as I started my full Live Trax run and top 5:

1. The Last Stop - Probably top 5 released track for me. I prefer it by far over Chicago version.
2. Seek Up
3. Linus & Lucy » Heartbeat Intro » Pantala Naga Pampa » Rapunzel
5. Don't Drink the Water

Overall I give it **** 3/4. One of my all-time favorite shows and the first of three LTs that if they had given me a choice of shows to release at the time of announcement, I would've picked the same (with 7 and 23). I didn't go, but I fell in love with it the first time I heard it in mid-99.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #54
batleon

Yeah I gave this a listen recently too and forgot how good this is. Hell, even this Satellite is cool. Top tier release.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #55
buddha05
Gene Parmesan

with the possible exception of the last stop on 12 5 98 this has always been my favorite. Something about the feel of it always gets me. The entire opening run as well as that #41 really elevate the show for me.

Still surprised 12 7 98 hasn't seen the light of day yet. To me those two shows are the height of DMB once they got big and before the "troubles"
buddha05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:35 PM   #56
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Incidentally I listened to this over the weekend as I started my full Live Trax run and top 5:

1. The Last Stop - Probably top 5 released track for me. I prefer it by far over Chicago version.

I have it as DMB's #1 released track
Old 03-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #57
blrobl

Quote:
Yeah $65 for 1 in 500 first vinyl Live Trax is a steal. I have no intention of selling mine if I get one, but they will bring big money on the secondary market.
Exactly. I mean I collect vinyl as it is (mainly older - don't have any DMB, Pearl Jam, or the like currently) and I love the band so it's a no brainer to at least try to get it.

Guy in front of me last year bought the last copy of Phish's Junta. So I am getting there extra early for this, Lawnboy, and Dazed and Confused soundtrack.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #58
celluloid hero

Quote:
Exactly. I mean I collect vinyl as it is (mainly older - don't have any DMB, Pearl Jam, or the like currently) and I love the band so it's a no brainer to at least try to get it.

Guy in front of me last year bought the last copy of Phish's Junta. So I am getting there extra early for this, Lawnboy, and Dazed and Confused soundtrack.
I was like 30th in line and the store only had 2 of the special edition Juntas. Everyone mad a dash for the boxes, but no one told anyone that they kept Junta up front behind the counter. I overheard a guy say it and I weaved through the crowd sorting through boxes madly to the front counter and bought the second one right in back of another guy. I got it like 20 minutes after they opened, deep in line. I don't plan on getting that lucky again.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #59
blrobl

Quote:
I was like 30th in line and the store only had 2 of the special edition Juntas. Everyone mad a dash for the boxes, but no one told anyone that they kept Junta up front behind the counter. I overheard a guy say it and I weaved through the crowd sorting through boxes madly to the front counter and bought the second one right in back of another guy. I got it like 20 minutes after they opened, deep in line. I don't plan on getting that lucky again.
Last year was my first RSD experience. I was about 10th in line for a midnight store opening in the ghetto of Aurora. Got there at maybe 10 pm. No one in front of me looked heady enough. As we walked in the door, all of the big releases were behind the counter on a wall for display. They might have had exactly 8 copies. Couldn't believe the fucker in front of me got the last. I was so pissed. I still got the Widespread Panic 'Live Wood'. Employee called another location and they were out as well.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #60
celluloid hero

Quote:
Last year was my first RSD experience. I was about 10th in line for a midnight store opening in the ghetto of Aurora. Got there at maybe 10 pm. No one in front of me looked heady enough. As we walked in the door, all of the big releases were behind the counter on a wall for display. They might have had exactly 8 copies. Couldn't believe the fucker in front of me got the last. I was so pissed. I still got the Widespread Panic 'Live Wood'. Employee called another location and they were out as well.
We had a guy going through the line trying to list what of the rare stuff people were in line for. He had an idea of what quantity the store had. Memory is vague, but I think there were 6 people in front of me that publically were there to get Junta, I guess it would pay to try be sneaky and not be honest. They had 2 SEs and 5 regulars. So I thought I might be ok to get one at all if I found one right away. Feel bad for those guys who got there way before me, it was cold. Not bad enough to let them get one, but whatever.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc