These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #121
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonikfuzion View Post
Forget renewing, with this merger with ticketmaster and livenation there's gonna be a huge wave of new members.
at the WH? Ya, a bunch of 1st yr members
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #122
malachite00
 
malachite00's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
at the WH? Ya, a bunch of 1st yr members
They still lower your chances of getting seats and of getting good seats at randomly-assigned shows.
__________________
Too much of a good thing, maybe not so sweet....
malachite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #123
willndmb
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 5,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by malachite00 View Post
They still lower your chances of getting seats and of getting good seats at randomly-assigned shows.
true
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #124
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by malachite00 View Post
They still lower your chances of getting seats and of getting good seats at randomly-assigned shows.
I don't know about that...
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #125
Yeedog
Heidi-ho Neighboreno
 
Yeedog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
Now the WH needs to update the WH page. That page needs a major upgrade, overhaul...whatever you want to call it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgr17 View Post
i thought they had it done when the rolled out dmband.com because of this tile:
but i guess not


The WH site is being/has been redesigned. It believe it was suppose to be released with the new site but they are having issues with the new message board. For the past 6 months from 12/11 they have been working towards getting all the message board issues worked out. I don't know how much "working" they have been doing as I would think they could do it in 6 months, but whatever.

A new WH site will come out sooner or later and they have the wheels in motion to make it happen.
__________________
~Brian

Homer: All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat!?'. I'm trying to impress people here Lisa. You don't win friends with salad.
Yeedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #126
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeedog View Post
The WH site is being/has been redesigned. It believe it was suppose to be released with the new site but they are having issues with the new message board. For the past 6 months from 12/11 they have been working towards getting all the message board issues worked out. I don't know how much "working" they have been doing as I would think they could do it in 6 months, but whatever.

A new WH site will come out sooner or later and they have the wheels in motion to make it happen.
good to hear noneoftheless
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #127
drh424s
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,155
just renewed today

13xxx and my friend renewed his 23xxx

thankfully we go to lesser popular shows (KC, st. louis, etc)

Hopefully we won't be screwed over by the merger
drh424s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #128
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh424s View Post
just renewed today

13xxx and my friend renewed his 23xxx

thankfully we go to lesser popular shows (KC, st. louis, etc)

Hopefully we won't be screwed over by the merger
good membership numbers to have...no problem with you getting good seats
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #129
spoke.
 
spoke.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 4,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
I don't know about that...
How would having more members in the club not lower your chances on being confirmed for any night whether seniority was used or not?
spoke. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #130
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoke. View Post
How would having more members in the club not lower your chances on being confirmed for any night whether seniority was used or not?
If you're a first day member it should not affect you.
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #131
TDunk
 
TDunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
If you're a first day member it should not affect you.
kidding?
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #132
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDunk View Post
kidding?
It hasn't affected me at all. I still pull in good seats.
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #133
TDunk
 
TDunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
It hasn't affected me at all. I still pull in good seats.
true, depends on where you see shows.
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #134
Yeedog
Heidi-ho Neighboreno
 
Yeedog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoke. View Post
How would having more members in the club not lower your chances on being confirmed for any night whether seniority was used or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
It hasn't affected me at all. I still pull in good seats.

getting good seats have nothing to do with being confirmed or not. It's 2 separate processes.

More member would lower everybody's chances of getting seats.
__________________
~Brian

Homer: All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat!?'. I'm trying to impress people here Lisa. You don't win friends with salad.
Yeedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #135
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDunk View Post
true, depends on where you see shows.
Of course
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #136
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeedog View Post
getting good seats have nothing to do with being confirmed or not. It's 2 separate processes.

More member would lower everybody's chances of getting seats.
I can see your logic, but sometimes it doesn't work that way. If this happens and senior members like myself over time would get not as good seats and not renew. I know I'm not the only anal one about my seats here.
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #137
Yeedog
Heidi-ho Neighboreno
 
Yeedog's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
I can see your logic, but sometimes it doesn't work that way. If this happens and senior members like myself over time would get not as good seats and not renew. I know I'm not the only anal one about my seats here.
Why would you over time not get good seats? If your are confirmed for tickets on a seniority night you'll always get the best seats.

Do you mean you would get declined more often and not renew?
__________________
~Brian

Homer: All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat!?'. I'm trying to impress people here Lisa. You don't win friends with salad.
Yeedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #138
AndyB
Fred sounds kind of effeminate
 
AndyB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 8,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
If you're a first day member it should not affect you.
What? A huge wave of new members would absolutely affect a first day member. In fact, it would have exactly the same effect on a first day member as it would on someone who joined in December 2009.
__________________
Andy
AndyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #139
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
What? A huge wave of new members would absolutely affect a first day member. In fact, it would have exactly the same effect on a first day member as it would on someone who joined in December 2009.
I Disagree
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #140
The Godfather
Chartz
 
The Godfather's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 21,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeedog View Post
Why would you over time not get good seats? If your are confirmed for tickets on a seniority night you'll always get the best seats.

Do you mean you would get declined more often and not renew?
Well, all that matters to me is that I get good seats.
__________________
@Fixsweeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
So much dmb >
Anyone seen the dmb >
Too Much dmb
The Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.04977 seconds with 13 queries