These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 01:33 PM   #61
OceanSoGood
Where'd you get that vibe?
 
OceanSoGood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,080
i figure there are at least 10 shows out there still that this board would really appreciate, 12.31.96 being one of them

to buying it
__________________
The energy level at Blossom tonight was astonishing.

Brian
OceanSoGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:51 PM   #62
DMB1541
Tequila Drinking
 
DMB1541's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,755
Thumbs up

Just pre-ordered mine. I really like the shirt design.

The best part is we only have to wait like 3 weeks and then it ships.
__________________
Chris
Go Cocks
DMB1541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:56 PM   #63
dreamingtree
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,878
Just pre-ordered as well. I can't wait until it gets here...
dreamingtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:07 PM   #64
borat
see my movie, or i be execute.
 
borat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kazakhstan
Posts: 2,385
As an extremely hardcore fan of the Dave Matthews Band, I can't even
begin to express how thrilled I am with the choice of the latest Live
Trax installment. The 12/31/96 show is certainly one of the band's
finest moments, and it's wonderful that fans will now be able to get
their hands on this stand out performance. However, there's one thing that I don't get...

Here's how the setlist of the concert played out that evening:

Seek Up
Dancing Nancies >>
Warehouse
Say Goodbye
Satellite
Rhyme and Reason
Two Step
Crash Into Me
So Much to Say >>
Anyone Seen the Bridge? >>
Too Much

---------SET BREAK-----------

Tripping Billies
Lie In Our Graves
#41 >>
Minarets
Typical Situation
Improv Jam >>
Carter & Future Man Drum Duet
Ants Marching

--------ENCORE---------

All Along the Watchtower


I'm wondering why this release is going to be a 3-Disc
set, rather than a 2-Disc set. According to the official DMBand.com
announcement, the tracklisting is split up among 3 discs. Based on
the tracklisting in the announcement, each disc will clock in at the
following time lengths:

DISC 1 - 51:59
DISC 2 - 1:04:29
DISC 3 - 36:25
Total concert length - 2:32:53

I used the dmbalmanac.com website to do the math and they should have
no problems making this release a 2-Disc set, and this way each set of
the show fits perfectly on its own disc. CDs can hold 80 minutes of
music...therefore, why not simply release the show in the same way
that it was played:

DISC 1 (first full set) - 77:54

Seek Up
Dancing Nancies >>
Warehouse
Say Goodbye
Satellite
Rhyme and Reason
Two Step
Crash Into Me
So Much to Say >>
Anyone Seen the Bridge? >>
Too Much

DISC 2 (second full set) - 74:59

Tripping Billies
Lie In Our Graves
#41 >>
Minarets
Typical Situation
Improv Jam >>
Carter & Future Man Drum Duet
Ants Marching
All Along the Watchtower

Total disc length - 2:32:53


Now, my times don't account for the length of time between each
song...but even still, the "in between song pauses" are always
shortened for live releases, and there's still more than enough wiggle
room to get around that issue. Therefore, why are fans being asked to
pay for a 3-Disc live release when the concert can easily (and more
logically) fit on 2 Discs?
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:12 PM   #65
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 23,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanSoGood View Post
i figure there are at least 10 shows out there still that this board would really appreciate, 12.31.96 being one of them
I think most of us could get behind these:

08-19-93
02-14-95
02-15-95
09-24-95
10-03-96
10-04-96
12-16-96
02-01-97
02-21-97
06-08-97
06-10-97
12-07-98
01-19-99
07-19-00
12-22-03
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:12 PM   #66
raven
 
raven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Newtown, CT
Posts: 9,563
I wonder if they took the track names from the almanac..

Improv Jam >>
Carter & Future Man Drum Duet
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #67
raven
 
raven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Newtown, CT
Posts: 9,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I think most of us could get behind these:

08-19-93
02-14-95
02-15-95
09-24-95
10-03-96
10-04-96
12-16-96
02-01-97
02-21-97
06-08-97
06-10-97
12-07-98
01-19-99
07-19-00
12-22-03
i agree with some of those.. i think my list would be

08-19-93
11-09-93
02-14-95
02-15-95
09-24-95
02-17-96
02-19-96
06-11-96
06-08-97
12-03-98
12-07-98
07-09-00
07-26-02
12-17-03
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:18 PM   #68
lude
 
lude's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 731
Honesly my first choice for a LT.
Below is a list of the songs I'll skip on the CD:
lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:18 PM   #69
Crush87
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 10,704
11/9/93 would be the most perfect '93 release

Terrible aud that doesnt circulate well. Historic day for the band, early performances of songs, distinct set, one of the more energetic shows i've ever heard
Crush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #70
raven
 
raven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Newtown, CT
Posts: 9,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush87 View Post
11/9/93 would be the most perfect '93 release

Terrible aud that doesnt circulate well. Historic day for the band, early performances of songs, distinct set, one of the more energetic shows i've ever heard
definitely.. i wonder if that show was taped by the band
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #71
lude
 
lude's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB1541 View Post
Just pre-ordered mine. I really like the shirt design.

The best part is we only have to wait like 3 weeks and then it ships.
I'm still waiting for BOWA
lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:33 PM   #72
italy8384
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,226
I doubt we will ever get a dave and friends livetrax, and now I'm slowly thinking the same about dave and tim. I mean if they could do a dave and tim set, why wouldn't they have released one by now?
italy8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:42 PM   #73
jsandr
sometimes your well is dry
 
jsandr's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, California
Posts: 3,038
wow, this should be outstanding. we'll have to see how the sound quality stacks up to LT3, but this most likely will be the best to date.
__________________
-JON
jsandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:43 PM   #74
Wescoast
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
As an extremely hardcore fan of the Dave Matthews Band, I can't even
begin to express how thrilled I am with the choice of the latest Live
Trax installment. The 12/31/96 show is certainly one of the band's
finest moments, and it's wonderful that fans will now be able to get
their hands on this stand out performance. However, there's one thing that I don't get...

Here's how the setlist of the concert played out that evening:

Seek Up
Dancing Nancies >>
Warehouse
Say Goodbye
Satellite
Rhyme and Reason
Two Step
Crash Into Me
So Much to Say >>
Anyone Seen the Bridge? >>
Too Much

---------SET BREAK-----------

Tripping Billies
Lie In Our Graves
#41 >>
Minarets
Typical Situation
Improv Jam >>
Carter & Future Man Drum Duet
Ants Marching

--------ENCORE---------

All Along the Watchtower


I'm wondering why this release is going to be a 3-Disc
set, rather than a 2-Disc set. According to the official DMBand.com
announcement, the tracklisting is split up among 3 discs. Based on
the tracklisting in the announcement, each disc will clock in at the
following time lengths:

DISC 1 - 51:59
DISC 2 - 1:04:29
DISC 3 - 36:25
Total concert length - 2:32:53

I used the dmbalmanac.com website to do the math and they should have
no problems making this release a 2-Disc set, and this way each set of
the show fits perfectly on its own disc. CDs can hold 80 minutes of
music...therefore, why not simply release the show in the same way
that it was played:

DISC 1 (first full set) - 77:54

Seek Up
Dancing Nancies >>
Warehouse
Say Goodbye
Satellite
Rhyme and Reason
Two Step
Crash Into Me
So Much to Say >>
Anyone Seen the Bridge? >>
Too Much

DISC 2 (second full set) - 74:59

Tripping Billies
Lie In Our Graves
#41 >>
Minarets
Typical Situation
Improv Jam >>
Carter & Future Man Drum Duet
Ants Marching
All Along the Watchtower

Total disc length - 2:32:53


Now, my times don't account for the length of time between each
song...but even still, the "in between song pauses" are always
shortened for live releases, and there's still more than enough wiggle
room to get around that issue. Therefore, why are fans being asked to
pay for a 3-Disc live release when the concert can easily (and more
logically) fit on 2 Discs?
interesting. if this is the case then i may just download it and burn it on 2 discs. id rather hear it as 2 complete sets than broken up. unless they are doing filler tracks.
Wescoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #75
borat
see my movie, or i be execute.
 
borat's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kazakhstan
Posts: 2,385
another thing i don't understand with their tracklisting is why they seperated the discs the way they did. i'm not a fan of 3-disc releases, mainly because one disc always gets cheated. in this case, Disc 3 is hardly over 30 minutes. why not take #41 and Minarets from Disc 2 and put them on Disc 3? at least that would make the discs more even in length
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:14 PM   #76
Minarets
so damn interesting.
 
Minarets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashvegas baby!
Posts: 10,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven View Post
Comes out 12.12.06. So you were one of the rare few who saw Get in Line.. and the last performance of it too. Do you remember the show at all?

i do remeber the show...it was my first concert, period. i was 14. it was pretty amazing. Get in line was good couldnt understand a thing he said. then when i got the cassette i still couldnt. i still have it on cassette, but not cd. i am actually looking for this show on cd. i remember Dave throwing out cigars at midnight. #36 was my favorite song of the night.
__________________
~Till we dance away~
Minarets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:46 PM   #77
raven
 
raven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Newtown, CT
Posts: 9,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarets View Post
i do remeber the show...it was my first concert, period. i was 14. it was pretty amazing. Get in line was good couldnt understand a thing he said. then when i got the cassette i still couldnt. i still have it on cassette, but not cd. i am actually looking for this show on cd. i remember Dave throwing out cigars at midnight. #36 was my favorite song of the night.
Nice.. that's very cool.

Here's the shns: [Only registered users can see links.]

I can jump on and help seed when I get home. If you can't do torrents let me know and I'll either upload the show for you or send it to you on disc.
raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #78
Disco Stu
 
Disco Stu's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Therefore, why are fans being asked to
pay for a 3-Disc live release when the concert can easily (and more
logically) fit on 2 Discs?
18.99 is the price of 2 disc concerts usually
the reason they do 3-Disc's is because some morons will think "3 discs!11! it must be like central pakr!"
Disco Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:08 PM   #79
Crush87
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 10,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarets View Post
i do remeber the show...it was my first concert, period. i was 14. it was pretty amazing. Get in line was good couldnt understand a thing he said. then when i got the cassette i still couldnt. i still have it on cassette, but not cd. i am actually looking for this show on cd. i remember Dave throwing out cigars at midnight. #36 was my favorite song of the night.
that's fucking awsome
Crush87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #80
CRUSHsoccer15
 
CRUSHsoccer15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, Texas From: Sittingbourne, England
Posts: 11,003
This release is going to be awesome.

About damn time too.
__________________
John Dab
CRUSHsoccer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.05461 seconds with 13 queries