These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2021, 03:23 AM   #27641
DIDO36

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
Appreciate the info. What a different time that was.
As in way better. The band was still firing on all cylinders at that time. The sets where incredible. Dave was using the 914ce. Roi and Butch were still around. No pandemic. Just so many things that changed for the worse since then. At least form a hardcore fan perspective.

Sounds like it wasn’t the best of times for the band, but they got over the rift for a little while at least. Then 2006/2007 rolled around. What was that rift about?
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:48 AM   #27642
DIDO36

Pretty random, but did anyone have a shirt that was a parody of the PGA logo? It said dmb tour 2003 on it maybe? The back of the shirt had “these guys are good” printed on it. My brother had one, but it’s long gone now. Always thought it was a pretty sick shirt.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:54 AM   #27643
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDO36 View Post
Pretty random, but did anyone have a shirt that was a parody of the PGA logo? It said dmb tour 2003 on it maybe? The back of the shirt had “these guys are good” printed on it. My brother had one, but it’s long gone now. Always thought it was a pretty sick shirt.
I have one somewhere. There were others the same guy made too.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:45 AM   #27644
willndmb

Quote:
I had it
I got the “interstate 41” one free from the same maker for creating the design

Pretty sure the same guy made the seek up/7up among others.

EDIT
Here is a list of them [Only registered users can see links.] has the PGA and 41 attached although the 41 attached is mine, made after he stopped making the original
“bostonteeparty.com up he had a bunch of shirts I bought a lot of them.

He made a bartender shirt, that looked liked budweiser, it had a firedancer on it, which could be where he messed up, I'm sure the firedancer is copywritten.

He had a halloween, shirt, that was a spoof on heiniken, or hinneycan. for southerners.

A seek up shirt, that looked like seven up, on the back it says, fall back again.

a wwys shirt that looked like a hard rock cafe shirt, and said charlotesville, va. where the city is put.

He made a rhyme and reason, rolling rock shirt.

He had a big eyed fish shirt

A too much, taco bell shirt

Minaets, mastercard“

Here are some similar but not as nice as the originals [Only registered users can see links.]
Better Jimi Thing [Only registered users can see links.]

Another that would work well is Top Gun/Shotgun

Last edited by willndmb; 01-14-2021 at 10:22 AM.
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:00 AM   #27645
JimBeam41

Quote:
I always loved that image, somebody had it as their avatar
Old 01-14-2021, 10:28 AM   #27646
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

The big eyed fish was the gold fish box.

The PGA logo was stolen from WSP. They had been making that design for years.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:33 AM   #27647
Fan#41

I only have one old DMB shirt left. I bought this N2 Mansfield '97:

All my other old shirts I had to toss out for one reason or another. I remember having the original white Firedancer T-shirt, the Grey elephant shirt, a 1996 fall tour tie dye i bought from a Jamaican guy in the parking lot after my first show and funny enough that was probably the best quality DMB related t-shirt I ever owned and it wasn't even official. Are they still selling the old green toboggan hat? I used to have that but think I only wore it twice, it was extremely thick and puffy (more than your typical toboggan style) if I remember correctly.

I had the fall '98 t-Shirt my mom had bought me for Christmas that year (1998), along with a WH Membership which still kills me to this day I let that thing lapse at the end of 1999. But back then they didn't give you a grace period after your membership expired. They didn't start that until 2002. So I only had that thing 1 god damn year. I still remember being on the phone with the WH and telling them that I didn't receive any email or notification of my membership expiration and I distinctly remember them telling me hundreds of fans were calling about the same thing...it was like..ok then what are you going to do about it? Turns out...nothing. I have a few friends and old tape-trading acquaintances who had the same thing happen, one of whom even signed up at the Merch table at MSG 12/3/98 which I BELIEVE was the first day anyone could join/sign up though some have said one of the Merch tables on 12/2 also had a sign up sheet, then of course on 12/4 it was available to everyone on dmb's site. Then in 2000 they started to be more diligent about sending emails/notifications regarding band updates, website updates, and updates on your WH membership. Then a few years later they began their "grace period" for fans who missed the deadline to renew. One year (maybe someone else remembers exactly, maybe 2005?) they never gave a specific limit on the grace period and some people were saying they were able to renew 4 months after their subscription expired. Of course it changed back the following year.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:46 AM   #27648
willndmb

Here is my fav shirt, hope one day they remake it.
If they do, they will prob make it one I don’t like lol
[Only registered users can see links.]
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:00 PM   #27649
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
I had it
I got the “interstate 41” one free from the same maker for creating the design

Pretty sure the same guy made the seek up/7up among others.

EDIT
Here is a list of them [Only registered users can see links.] has the PGA and 41 attached although the 41 attached is mine, made after he stopped making the original
“bostonteeparty.com up he had a bunch of shirts I bought a lot of them.

He made a bartender shirt, that looked liked budweiser, it had a firedancer on it, which could be where he messed up, I'm sure the firedancer is copywritten.

He had a halloween, shirt, that was a spoof on heiniken, or hinneycan. for southerners.

A seek up shirt, that looked like seven up, on the back it says, fall back again.

a wwys shirt that looked like a hard rock cafe shirt, and said charlotesville, va. where the city is put.

He made a rhyme and reason, rolling rock shirt.

He had a big eyed fish shirt

A too much, taco bell shirt

Minaets, mastercard“

Here are some similar but not as nice as the originals [Only registered users can see links.]
Better Jimi Thing [Only registered users can see links.]

Another that would work well is Top Gun/Shotgun
These are great. I had a Hello Again that looked like Heineken. I bet i still have that shirt, just no way i fit into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:13 PM   #27650
Steveo Style

Quote:
As in way better. The band was still firing on all cylinders at that time. The sets where incredible. Dave was using the 914ce. Roi and Butch were still around. No pandemic. Just so many things that changed for the worse since then. At least form a hardcore fan perspective.

Sounds like it wasn’t the best of times for the band, but they got over the rift for a little while at least. Then 2006/2007 rolled around. What was that rift about?
I believe that one stemmed from their choice of going back into the studio for Stand Up part deuce with Batson? Creative differences on the approaches to the songwriting, etc? Gotta rewatch that documentary again.
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:22 PM   #27651
blumathu

My wife was kind enough to make a quilt with my first DMB tour shirt from 96, along with a bunch of other old shirts.

blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:33 PM   #27652
Fan#41

That's pretty awesome.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:44 PM   #27653
andydmb77
I am a humble monkey...

Stefan Lessard
@SLessard
·
14m
Well shucks, I didn’t feel a thing. No scratches. Didn’t even know there was a DMB post about me.

At the end of the day, my bass is still in your speakers when you play DMB.

Got a whole bunch of new DMB music with nasty bass lines on it, so yeah, Happy New Year also!!

Old 01-14-2021, 01:50 PM   #27654
SomeDevil17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparker507 View Post
I thought watching the Dave and Carter sessions..... They have a somewhat weird way of talking to each other. Almost like...... They don't really talk much outside of the band, and it was kinda awkward.

Maybe that's just their relationship and way of talking to each other, but another buddy of mine noticed it as well.

Carter seems really cool, but very reserved and "professional" maybe?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I actually thought that as well. Like I couldn’t imagine those two hanging out all day after I watched that.
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:50 PM   #27655
Fan#41

I hope it didn't take Stefan to lowering himself in responding to facebook internet trolls to tell us there's a bunch of new DMB material.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:53 PM   #27656
sneaksbeac

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydmb77 View Post
Stefan Lessard
@SLessard
·
14m
Well shucks, I didn’t feel a thing. No scratches. Didn’t even know there was a DMB post about me.

At the end of the day, my bass is still in your speakers when you play DMB.

Got a whole bunch of new DMB music with nasty bass lines on it, so yeah, Happy New Year also!!

What is he being "Dragged" on?
sneaksbeac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:59 PM   #27657
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaksbeac View Post
What is he being "Dragged" on?
i think (but im not positive) DMB facebook posted "go follow stefan on twitter" and in the comments it turned into the usual facebook political rants and Gen X babble. I think this guy confronted Stefan about it and then stefan decided to respond because of course he cannot help himself to get into the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:52 PM   #27658
Tomacco

Stefan isn't afraid to show his left-leaning anti-trump side, which I'm totally okay with. This was a nice tweet thread of his, and I hope we see some of that new music very very soon.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:30 PM   #27659
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Stefan isn't afraid to show his left-leaning anti-trump side, which I'm totally okay with. This was a nice tweet thread of his, and I hope we see some of that new music very very soon.
I think despite the concert schedule this year, or lack there of, we'll see new DMB music.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:06 PM   #27660
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparker507 View Post
I thought watching the Dave and Carter sessions..... They have a somewhat weird way of talking to each other. Almost like...... They don't really talk much outside of the band, and it was kinda awkward.

Maybe that's just their relationship and way of talking to each other, but another buddy of mine noticed it as well.

Carter seems really cool, but very reserved and "professional" maybe?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
agreed got that vibe as well. I'm sure they don't hang out much, and they've endured so much crap together, who knows

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc