These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2015, 01:31 PM   #221
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
this will be a great memory that I will always have.
Yup. Enjoy

Actually, it's funny that I made the comment relating to my son and me, because I just realized that's the same weekend we're flying down to see my alma mater (Florida) play Ole Miss (my daughter is also a current student at UF, which is added incentive as well).
Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:15 PM   #222
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

YOU GUYS, I MAY HAVE AVOIDED THE POPE.

Frontier agreed to waive the change fees and it cost me an extra $94 to fly from/into Trenton. It's a 6:30am flight so I'm just going to leave my house at 3am or so to get to the airport and save on a hotel the night before. Also I'll save like $10/day on parking at the airport and I saved $2 on the change to my rental car reservation.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:46 PM   #223
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Sounds like it pretty much worked out
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #224
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

I'm still a TAD leery about I95 near Trenton, but hoping that at 5:30am, it isn't bad at all. But certainly a much better situation than I was in, previously.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 10-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #225
mario

Jason, I've been dying to find out how it went!

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #226
Jayes

I, too, thought about this
Old 10-17-2015, 09:40 PM   #227
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Full update tomorrow when I've got time to summarize, but it wasn't bad at all. I flew out of Trenton; should've just gone out of philly. Live and learn. Next time the pope comes to Philly....haha.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 10-20-2015, 11:00 AM   #228
mario

Jason, you lying LIAR! It's been three days!

Old 10-20-2015, 11:14 AM   #229
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

Goddamn work.

Long story short; left out of Trenton, stayed at a hotel right by the airport Friday night; checked out at 4:30am; flight scheduled to depart at 6:30am....sat on the plane from 6:45am til around 8:30 or so because they made some 'adjustments' in the cockpit and due to FAA regs, they had to have someone 'sign off' on it....problem was, that person didn't start work until 8am or some nonsense.

Finally made it to Lauderdale around 11:45 or so. Apparently there was nearly NO traffic on 476 to 95N that morning; most people just said 'fuck it' and didn't leave home. I would've been a-okay leaving my house at like 6:30am and going to PHL. Alas, woulda, shoulda, coulda.
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 10-20-2015, 12:05 PM   #230
mario

Yeah I cut out of town Friday afternoon, the Schuylkill and vine street like four hours before they were closed for the weekend, and was almost the only car on the road in rush hour on a Friday. It was super eery.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:04 PM   #231
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man

What's there to do in Houston in either late January or late February? The Pope won't be there, will he?
Quote:
Who'd you jerk off?
Old 11-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #232
TDunk

Concerts or Rockets, breweries, Galveston, NASA
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:04 PM   #233
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

is getting to Newark Airport from Manhattan relatively hassle free? It'll be about $150 cheaper to fly out of there as opposed to LaGuardia in May.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #234
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
is getting to Newark Airport from Manhattan relatively hassle free? It'll be about $150 cheaper to fly out of there as opposed to LaGuardia in May.
Yes
Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:24 PM   #235
RageATL
The Dude abides

Looking to plan our next big yearly post-football depression trip in February and given the time of year, don't wanna go any place cold. Definitely wanna stay in the US and was thinking about Arizona...anybody been? Was thinking the Sedona area and then maybe Phoenix and Flagstaff.

Key West is also on the list, but I've been there twice (the lady hasn't and wants to go). San Diego was also given some consideration, but we were in California for last year's trip (we had a BLAST in San Francisco). We also did Chicago and Denver last year as well but those were much shorter trips.

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:48 PM   #236
malachite00

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Looking to plan our next big yearly post-football depression trip in February and given the time of year, don't wanna go any place cold. Definitely wanna stay in the US and was thinking about Arizona...anybody been? Was thinking the Sedona area and then maybe Phoenix and Flagstaff.

Key West is also on the list, but I've been there twice (the lady hasn't and wants to go). San Diego was also given some consideration, but we were in California for last year's trip (we had a BLAST in San Francisco). We also did Chicago and Denver last year as well but those were much shorter trips.
Well if you want warm weather, don't go to Flagstaff. It's in the mountains and very cold in the winter. I've been stuck in snowstorms there multiple times traveling between New Mexico and Phoenix.

Sedona is a gorgeous place, but also higher altitude than Phoenix so it can get cold, mostly at night. During the winter days it's sunny and nice. There is great hiking there (as well as in Phoenix). The golfing is also supposed to be good in both places.

I know you're not considering San Diego, but don't skip it just because you've been to San Francisco. SF should be a different state, it is nothing like Southern California. San Diego is beautiful, sunny, warm, and mellow, not high strung and dirty like SF. (Sorry, I'm forced to fly to SF a lot and absolutely hate it up there).
Old 11-30-2015, 09:45 PM   #237
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by malachite00 View Post
Well if you want warm weather, don't go to Flagstaff. It's in the mountains and very cold in the winter. I've been stuck in snowstorms there multiple times traveling between New Mexico and Phoenix.

Sedona is a gorgeous place, but also higher altitude than Phoenix so it can get cold, mostly at night. During the winter days it's sunny and nice. There is great hiking there (as well as in Phoenix). The golfing is also supposed to be good in both places.

I know you're not considering San Diego, but don't skip it just because you've been to San Francisco. SF should be a different state, it is nothing like Southern California. San Diego is beautiful, sunny, warm, and mellow, not high strung and dirty like SF. (Sorry, I'm forced to fly to SF a lot and absolutely hate it up there).

Awesome, thanks so much for the advice. We loved SF so maybe you're right with SD and that chill Southern Cali vibe. It could be just what the doctor ordered to actually have a relaxing vacay cuz we were constantly on the go in SF due to all that we wanted to do and see. Maybe we'll save AZ for another time.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:52 PM   #238
malachite00

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Awesome, thanks so much for the advice. We loved SF so maybe you're right with SD and that chill Southern Cali vibe. It could be just what the doctor ordered to actually have a relaxing vacay cuz we were constantly on the go in SF due to all that we wanted to do and see. Maybe we'll save AZ for another time.
I didn't mean to imply AZ wasn't a good spot for a vacation, especially if you're in a cold climate. I just didn't want you to get to Flagstaff and find out it's at 8000' and freezing. Sedona, Phoenix and Tuscon are all very pretty and plenty warm during the day.

San Diego is normally gorgeous in the winter. If El Nino really pans out though, we might have some rainy, colder days. If not, Coronado Island is very cool, and La Jolla and the north county beaches are awesome too.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:00 PM   #239
RageATL
The Dude abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by malachite00 View Post
I didn't mean to imply AZ wasn't a good spot for a vacation, especially if you're in a cold climate. I just didn't want you to get to Flagstaff and find out it's at 8000' and freezing. Sedona, Phoenix and Tuscon are all very pretty and plenty warm during the day.

San Diego is normally gorgeous in the winter. If El Nino really pans out though, we might have some rainy, colder days. If not, Coronado Island is very cool, and La Jolla and the north county beaches are awesome too.

Not at all bro, the altitude/nighttime weather was just something we really didn't consider (we live in North GA, about 40 minutes north of ATL). I wanted something different from last year, but the more I think about it, SD sounds more my speed given I'll be about only 2 months removed from a broken ankle and will wanna just chill.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:11 AM   #240
Jayes

Should I be reading your posts with a southern drawl?

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc