These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2019, 02:25 PM   #781
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,226
Was gonna say, the finale is just a meteor hitting the planet and everything fades to dust.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:45 AM   #782
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution
 
JamSession v2.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 15,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Was gonna say, the finale is just a meteor hitting the planet and everything fades to dust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
It would be kinda cool if everyone dies except for a few Dothraki's and then it's all theirs
Both of these would be fitting.
__________________
-Ryan
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:27 AM   #783
andydmb77
I am a humble monkey...
 
andydmb77's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 214
Cool video of some Guitar legends playing the GOT theme song together!
[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
Andy Z
andydmb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:02 PM   #784
SonofSuns34
There are no strings on me...
 
SonofSuns34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,572
__________________
The Dave Matthews Band is dead, Long Live the Dave Matthews Band...
SonofSuns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:26 PM   #785
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 25,360
:41
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:50 AM   #786
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution
 
JamSession v2.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 15,877
That was metal as shit.
__________________
-Ryan
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:41 AM   #787
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 16,414
__________________
Itís all a load of bullocks, and bullocks to it all.
Bluewater34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:18 PM   #788
morgadt
 
morgadt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 6,136
Starks kill Dany. Drogon gets pissed and kills everyone. She’s the sole survivor.
__________________
-Dan
morgadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #789
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 25,360
I thought Drogon was male?

Here's an interesting theory: [Only registered users can see links.]
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:54 PM   #790
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 25,360
Final episode took a cliff dive after Dany was murdered. Loads of tension until then.

Tyrion finding Jaime and Cersei's bodies was an excellent scene.

Glad the throne got melted. Drogon was awesome.

(If I remember correctly, in the House of the Undying, Dany sees a vision of the Throne room and only touched the Iron Throne, much like what she did in the finale. Prophecy fulfilled?)

Happy Davos and Arya survived. Happy Jon was reunited with Ghost. Everything else felt anticlimactic and rushed.

Incredibly entertaining series overall though. Guess I should remember the thing's about the journey not the destination...

But I wonder what Drogon did with Dany's body?

Last edited by gweeps; 05-20-2019 at 12:27 AM.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:42 AM   #791
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution
 
JamSession v2.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 15,877
Bran the Broken, though?

I mean, come the fuck on.

The throne may be melted, but the wheel is never truly broken. Gotta love Samwell Tarly's recommendation nearly getting him laughed off the stage.
__________________
-Ryan
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:50 AM   #792
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 10,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
Bran the Broken, though?

I mean, come the fuck on.

The throne may be melted, but the wheel is never truly broken. Gotta love Samwell Tarly's recommendation nearly getting him laughed off the stage.
"Bran the Broken" is a thing with a lot of history behind it. Bran the Builder, Bran the Breaker, Bran the Burner, Bran the Shipwright...
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:03 AM   #793
JamSession v2.0
dance dance revolution
 
JamSession v2.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 15,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
"Bran the Broken" is a thing with a lot of history behind it. Bran the Builder, Bran the Breaker, Bran the Burner, Bran the Shipwright...
The Starks wear many brans.
__________________
-Ryan
JamSession v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:43 AM   #794
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 14,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Final episode took a cliff dive after Dany was murdered. Loads of tension until then.

Tyrion finding Jaime and Cersei's bodies was an excellent scene.

Glad the throne got melted. Drogon was awesome.

(If I remember correctly, in the House of the Undying, Dany sees a vision of the Throne room and only touched the Iron Throne, much like what she did in the finale. Prophecy fulfilled?)

Happy Davos and Arya survived. Happy Jon was reunited with Ghost. Everything else felt anticlimactic and rushed.

Incredibly entertaining series overall though. Guess I should remember the thing's about the journey not the destination...

But I wonder what Drogon did with Dany's body?
Iím with you on your assessment. I liked it overall. No complaints, but it feels a little empty for some reason. I guess because there was no big shocker or anything that packed a big emotional punch for me. Like you said, the tension was all gone after Dany was killed, I guess thatís what it was. But Iím happy with the way everything turned out.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:59 PM   #795
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 10,021
Makes sense the tension was gone after the death of Dany. That was really the end of the story. The rest was epilogue. Just wrapping up where everyone is now. All you needed was the cue card that said "Two Weeks Later..." or "19 Years Later" amirite?

I think if you had been thinking for the past 8 years that your story was that of who sat the Iron Throne at the end of the final episode, the last 20 minutes probably was a bit hollow. For me that was all just tying up loose ends.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:36 PM   #796
morgadt
 
morgadt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 6,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamSession v2.0 View Post
Bran the Broken, though?

I mean, come the fuck on.

The throne may be melted, but the wheel is never truly broken. Gotta love Samwell Tarly's recommendation nearly getting him laughed off the stage.


Democracy was laughed off the stage. Brilliant meta commentary.
__________________
-Dan
morgadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:42 PM   #797
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 25,360
So if Bran knew what was going to happen but did very little to interfere, wouldn't that make him the biggest villain of the series?

Or is it just weak writing?
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 11:26 AM   #798
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 10,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
So if Bran knew what was going to happen but did very little to interfere, wouldn't that make him the biggest villain of the series?

Or is it just weak writing?
If you knew it would end up where it ended up, and you subscribe to butterfly theory, doing very little to interfere is the wise play.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:17 PM   #799
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 16,414
[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
Itís all a load of bullocks, and bullocks to it all.
Bluewater34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:10 PM   #800
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 25,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
If you knew it would end up where it ended up, and you subscribe to butterfly theory, doing very little to interfere is the wise play.
So Bran basically became the best player of the game.

I do like how he occasionally gave suggestions in his cryptic way, from quoting Littlefinger back his own "Chaos is a ladder" idea, which Baelish should have immediately taken as his queue to get the fuck out of there... to telling Jon it was his choice to tell Arya and Sansa his true lineage. Bran told them, but he probably wouldn't have if Jon wasn't full of misplaced dignity.

In the end, a lot of folks weren't listening to each other. Much like real life.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08569 seconds with 18 queries