Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
#LastAlbum #LastTour #LastStop
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:06 AM   #3383
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Would a single on Friday be nice? Sure. Along with some album info? You bet.

Iím not holding my breath.
People keep saying things like this... you realize that eventually something has to come out, right?

This isn't an attack on you, but every week there are comments like this. Eventually we will get something
Old Today, 01:07 AM   #3384
NiCK Crush

I mean it's pretty much late April at this point. We have to be close to something legitimate.
Old Today, 01:27 AM   #3385
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
I mean it's pretty much late April at this point. We have to be close to something legitimate.
Not if this album is coming out in late summer, which it totally could. The recent spotify chatter is interesting but I'm not 100% sold that it correlates to anything regarding this album. Hope I'm surprised but I really don't think we'll hear much of anything until the tour starts. Really if they release it at the end of summer they can also use it to market a full blown fall tour too, so it just would seem to make more sense. We'll probably be getting LT 45 before we hear any news on this new album.

Live Trax 45- Late April/Early May announcement
New Album--August/September Along with Live Trax 46 around that point
BTCS Anniversary release--Late November right in time for the holidays...this will be tied in with Live Trax 47 as well, probably something '98 related, maybe even 12/3 if we're lucky.

That would be my guess.
Old Today, 01:35 AM   #3386
NiCK Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Not if this album is coming out in late summer, which it totally could. The recent spotify chatter is interesting but I'm not 100% sold that it correlates to anything regarding this album. Hope I'm surprised but I really don't think we'll hear much of anything until the tour starts. Really if they release it at the end of summer they can also use it to market a full blown fall tour too, so it just would seem to make more sense. We'll probably be getting LT 45 before we hear any news on this new album.

Live Trax 45- Late April/Early May announcement
New Album--August/September Along with Live Trax 46 around that point
BTCS Anniversary release--Late November right in time for the holidays...this will be tied in with Live Trax 47 as well, probably something '98 related, maybe even 12/3 if we're lucky.

That would be my guess.
Definitely possible - I guess the whole get a free copy of the album with a summer tour ticket purchase is what's keeping me from thinking they'll release this thing late summer.

When this tour was announced it just felt like they wanted people to have this in their hands for the majority of the tour. They were seemingly billing it as the new album tour.
Old Today, 03:10 AM   #3387
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
Definitely possible - I guess the whole get a free copy of the album with a summer tour ticket purchase is what's keeping me from thinking they'll release this thing late summer.

When this tour was announced it just felt like they wanted people to have this in their hands for the majority of the tour. They were seemingly billing it as the new album tour.
It certainly seemed that way, but I donít see DMb as a band thatís going to ďdrop an albumĒ unexpectedly on Spotify or something with literally no promotion. And if thatís true, then only a month out from the tour, seems like way too late to start promoting an album If itís going to come out in May. So all indications point to a release date at July at the minimum. We could definitley see a single sometime soon or right before the tour but I doubt the entire album will be released until you really start getting the promotion rolling. I mean, thereís literally 0 official info on it right now, so itís much further away than we hoped it would be.
Old Today, 07:23 AM   #3388
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

Any new dreams lately?
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:49 AM   #3389
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
It certainly seemed that way, but I donít see DMb as a band thatís going to ďdrop an albumĒ unexpectedly on Spotify or something with literally no promotion. And if thatís true, then only a month out from the tour, seems like way too late to start promoting an album If itís going to come out in May. So all indications point to a release date at July at the minimum. We could definitley see a single sometime soon or right before the tour but I doubt the entire album will be released until you really start getting the promotion rolling. I mean, thereís literally 0 official info on it right now, so itís much further away than we hoped it would be.
I agree. We know from Jeff that at least he was still recording last week. That means that we have to be looking at a longer timeframe. Getting a single soon seems very reasonable, though, even for a mid-summer release.

And I also agree that I just canít see DMB doing an unannounced album release, no matter how much sense it might make. Thereís just nothing in their history that would make me think that that would ever even occur to them.
Old Today, 07:59 AM   #3390
Vorony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
I agree. We know from Jeff that at least he was still recording last week. That means that we have to be looking at a longer timeframe. Getting a single soon seems very reasonable, though, even for a mid-summer release.

And I also agree that I just canít see DMB doing an unannounced album release, no matter how much sense it might make. Thereís just nothing in their history that would make me think that that would ever even occur to them.
I don't think Jeff was recording for DMB last week. He's always in and out of the studio for other projects. Recording for this album has been done for awhile now.
Vorony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:36 AM   #3391
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorony View Post
Recording for this album has been done for awhile now.
Based on what? Itís possible youíre right, but we just got a picture two days ago of all the involved producers sitting around a table. Granted, itís not a dated picture, so itís not definitive, but thereís no reason that that group of people would be together except that theyíre working on DMB.
Old Today, 08:41 AM   #3392
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinmass View Post
Lillywhite couldn't produce a compelling record with DMB now, why would we think anyone else could? It's on the band/Dave - always has been.
This is entirely my opinion. Once i heard AFTW i knew the issues were deeper.

Quote:
With logic like that, Mario must be the worst lawyer - probably an ambulance chaser if I had to guess
patsfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:44 AM   #3393
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandtrock View Post
Stefan confirmed no boyd for the year
How was this not already confirmed?

Quote:
With logic like that, Mario must be the worst lawyer - probably an ambulance chaser if I had to guess
patsfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:49 AM   #3394
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
How was this not already confirmed?
I think there were some people who were hoping that he might be back later in the year. But yeah, that doesnít seem like news to me either.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc