These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2018, 08:17 AM   #1
timmys24
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 35
Dave solo show in Cleveland, April 20

Dave just announced a solo show on 4/20 supporting Dennis Kucinich, a Democratic candidate for Governor of Ohio.

[Only registered users can see links.]


My brother's band, Front Porch Lights, is the opening act for the event. I've been told ticket pricing will be $100 and $150, FYI.

If interested, you can check out their music here: [Only registered users can see links.]

Also on spotify, itunes, etc.

They have a show at the Grog Shop tonight, in case any Clevelanders are interested in checking them out.
timmys24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:36 AM   #2
blumathu
 
blumathu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmys24 View Post
Dave just announced a solo show on 4/20 supporting Dennis Kucinich, a Democratic candidate for Governor of Ohio.

[Only registered users can see links.]


My brother's band, Front Porch Lights, is the opening act for the event. I've been told ticket pricing will be $100 and $150, FYI.

If interested, you can check out their music here: [Only registered users can see links.]

Also on spotify, itunes, etc.

They have a show at the Grog Shop tonight, in case any Clevelanders are interested in checking them out.
Thank you for posting! I absolutely MUST go to this! I hope the tickets are easy to get.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:39 AM   #3
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren
 
Thor2531's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 1,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmys24 View Post
Dave just announced a solo show on 4/20 supporting Dennis Kucinich, a Democratic candidate for Governor of Ohio.

[Only registered users can see links.]


My brother's band, Front Porch Lights, is the opening act for the event. I've been told ticket pricing will be $100 and $150, FYI.

If interested, you can check out their music here: [Only registered users can see links.]

Also on spotify, itunes, etc.

They have a show at the Grog Shop tonight, in case any Clevelanders are interested in checking them out.
And congrats to your brother's band.
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #4
timmys24
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 35
Thanks! Much appreciated!

My brother is 9 years younger than me, and I got him hooked on DMB at a young age which for better or worse was a strong musical influence on him.

So, needless to say, he's pretty excited about this opportunity and meeting a musical idol of his. It's pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor2531 View Post
And congrats to your brother's band.
timmys24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #5
blumathu
 
blumathu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmys24 View Post
Thanks! Much appreciated!

My brother is 9 years younger than me, and I got him hooked on DMB at a young age which for better or worse was a strong musical influence on him.

So, needless to say, he's pretty excited about this opportunity and meeting a musical idol of his. It's pretty cool.
That is awesome! I just got a ticket, I am very excited to go. Thanks again for posting, I would not have known.
blumathu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #6
timmys24
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 35
Nice! Glad it worked out. If I find out any additional details, I'll post them on here. Should be a real cool night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumathu View Post
That is awesome! I just got a ticket, I am very excited to go. Thanks again for posting, I would not have known.
timmys24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:34 AM   #7
LoganBuckeye
O-H-I-O
 
LoganBuckeye's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 182
Got a pair so the wife and I will be heading up.

Not many chances to see Dave, Dave and Tim, or the band in this size of venue.
LoganBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:11 PM   #8
mjf
bkdkdkddbkdkdkddbkdkdkdd
 
mjf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 4,206
Tim Reynolds played shows for this guy back in the day too (I think he ran for president?). I wouldn't be surprised if this is D&T
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:29 PM   #9
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,168
I really like Kucinich, good person
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #10
svenny
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32
Tickets went fast! I was able snag one fortunately. Thanks for the heads up on this! And congratulations to your brother!
svenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:05 PM   #11
dmb2much40
 
dmb2much40's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 4,997
Ugh I can't believe I missed this. Looks like it sold out.
__________________
-Monica
dmb2much40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:44 PM   #12
svenny
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
Ugh I can't believe I missed this. Looks like it sold out.
The website says they hope to release more tickets next week and you can sign up to get an email notification when it happens. Good luck!
svenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:12 PM   #13
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,677
That’s awesome to hear about your brother’s band!

In all honesty though, I’m surprised that David isn’t an independent yet, considering both parties are failing this country.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:14 PM   #14
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 21,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
That’s awesome to hear about your brother’s band!

In all honesty though, I’m surprised that David isn’t an independent yet, considering both parties are failing this country.
Well, kucinich is not exactly a party line candidate. I mean, you’re talking a out a guy who united dave matthews and tamby.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:41 PM   #15
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Well, kucinich is not exactly a party line candidate. I mean, you’re talking a out a guy who united dave matthews and tamby.


Interesting. I did not know that. Thank you for clarifying.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
let the children write the sets
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:56 AM   #16
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 14,168
I believe Tim supported Kucinich for president in 2008
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:27 AM   #17
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 21,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I believe Tim supported Kucinich for president in 2008
Yup. Tim is a superfan.
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:29 AM   #18
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Well, kucinich is not exactly a party line candidate. I mean, you’re talking a out a guy who united dave matthews and tamby.


Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:41 AM   #19
timmys24
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 35
There will be a small number of tickets put up for sale today. I believe it will be at noon, but not 100% confirmed on that yet.
timmys24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #20
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 21,723
Amended ethics filing shows Dennis Kucinich was paid $20k by pro-Syrian government group

[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.08463 seconds with 18 queries