These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2018, 09:48 AM   #61
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 14,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
What cd is 4.20.02 OSW on again?
Warehouse 8 Volume 1... which is the 2004 WH bonus disc?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 12:41 PM   #62
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17,258
Some uploads of early, developing, and misc notable versions of OSW:

9/1/91 (song debut): [Only registered users can see links.]
8/4/92 (Dave talks about Carter's additions): [Only registered users can see links.]
11/17/92 (played super fast): [Only registered users can see links.]
3/3/93: [Only registered users can see links.]
3/16/93 (Ft. Doug Wanamaker) (Roi plays a solo in the instrumental intro for one, if not the, first time): [Only registered users can see links.]
6/2/93 (Kind Intentions interpolation): [Only registered users can see links.]
9/14/93 (lyrics & BT in the instrumental intro): [Only registered users can see links.]
11/16/93 (awesome Dave improv vocal outro): [Only registered users can see links.]
12/10/93 (Cry Freedom lyric in Swim Naked): [Only registered users can see links.]
12/16/94 (totally different instrumental intro with Dave singing lyrics, it's almost a different song in the intro. There is a lot of hiss in this recording, so be careful): [Only registered users can see links.]
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:58 PM   #63
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
Warehouse 8 Volume 1... which is the 2004 WH bonus disc?
Thanks. I'll give this version a spin again now.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:24 AM   #64
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerville, MA
Posts: 31,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Some uploads of early, developing, and misc notable versions of OSW:

9/1/91 (song debut): [Only registered users can see links.]
8/4/92 (Dave talks about Carter's additions): [Only registered users can see links.]
11/17/92 (played super fast): [Only registered users can see links.]
3/3/93: [Only registered users can see links.]
3/16/93 (Ft. Doug Wanamaker) (Roi plays a solo in the instrumental intro for one, if not the, first time): [Only registered users can see links.]
6/2/93 (Kind Intentions interpolation): [Only registered users can see links.]
9/14/93 (lyrics & BT in the instrumental intro): [Only registered users can see links.]
11/16/93 (awesome Dave improv vocal outro): [Only registered users can see links.]
12/10/93 (Cry Freedom lyric in Swim Naked): [Only registered users can see links.]
12/16/94 (totally different instrumental intro with Dave singing lyrics, it's almost a different song in the intro. There is a lot of hiss in this recording, so be careful): [Only registered users can see links.]

Nice, thanks Sean.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:26 AM   #65
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....
 
bsan83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 26,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Weíll have plenty of time to discuss 41 when I start that thread. Letís keep this one on point to OSW. Iíll do a new one of these each week. Just listened to this 7.28.94 version of OSW..so good. Like I said I prefer the much slower tempo for this song, but it does sound damn good regardless.
[Only registered users can see links.]
Oh man, I haven't listened to this one in a while, but this was one of the first older shows I ever had in the collection and I listened to this one all the time.
bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #66
drh424s
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Thanks. I'll give this version a spin again now.
Is this version uploaded anywhere?
drh424s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:14 PM   #67
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh424s View Post
Is this version uploaded anywhere?
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #68
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle
 
roshea999's Avatar
 
Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 9,065
That is so good

Dave's guitar just cuts right through it all. I miss when he played that confidently.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:24 PM   #69
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
That is so good

Dave's guitar just cuts right through it all. I miss when he played that confidently.
Thatís a good way to put it. Definitley seems like heís a lot less confident these days when he performs and you can hear it in his guitar and vocals. Maybe he could use a couple shots before he goes out there or something.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 06:00 PM   #70
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
Thanks. I'll give this version a spin again now.


Yup, after revisiting this performance again, I conclude that it's a damn good version.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:03 AM   #71
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
Some uploads of early, developing, and misc notable versions of OSW:

9/1/91 (song debut): [Only registered users can see links.]
8/4/92 (Dave talks about Carter's additions): [Only registered users can see links.]
11/17/92 (played super fast): [Only registered users can see links.]
3/3/93: [Only registered users can see links.]
3/16/93 (Ft. Doug Wanamaker) (Roi plays a solo in the instrumental intro for one, if not the, first time): [Only registered users can see links.]
6/2/93 (Kind Intentions interpolation): [Only registered users can see links.]
9/14/93 (lyrics & BT in the instrumental intro): [Only registered users can see links.]
11/16/93 (awesome Dave improv vocal outro): [Only registered users can see links.]
12/10/93 (Cry Freedom lyric in Swim Naked): [Only registered users can see links.]
12/16/94 (totally different instrumental intro with Dave singing lyrics, it's almost a different song in the intro. There is a lot of hiss in this recording, so be careful): [Only registered users can see links.]
Thanks. I didn't have a bunch of these.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:06 AM   #72
bsan83
4, 3, 2, 1....
 
bsan83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 26,291
Boyd's a bit high in the mix here, but I'll add 5/22/99 to the list:

bsan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:46 AM   #73
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,611
In-Depth Song Discussion #1 - One Sweet World

Holy shitfuckassdickwiener I miss Roi.
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:51 AM   #74
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul
 
MaLaKaS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost Somewhere In Jersey
Posts: 18,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsan83 View Post
Boyd's a bit high in the mix here, but I'll add 5/22/99 to the list:
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:56 PM   #75
CRUSHsoccer15
 
CRUSHsoccer15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, Texas From: Sittingbourne, England
Posts: 10,842
Luther.
__________________
John Dab
CRUSHsoccer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.10279 seconds with 29 queries