These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2021, 12:57 PM   #401
Thor2531
I Fucked NAKEDdmbLauren

I've never been able to master the guitar part....its exhausting.
Thor2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:13 PM   #402
gweeps
homesick android

I love that guitar part. And Stefan's bass intro. Shame they either got buried or nixed.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:12 PM   #403
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelapag View Post

What I don’t remember though, is did the band actually record any of the 2004 material before scrapping it? It seems like they’re pretty far into the recording process of this new album, so considering that and the context of the music (the pandemic) it seems highly unlikely they’d ditch it for something else. That said, ditching it entirely wouldn’t surprise me at all
I don’t think there was any confirmation that 2004 were “Definitley” recorded, but they clearly were in some type of process because literally less than 9 months later they put out a brand new album with Batson with everything scrapped. So recorded or not, the intention was to make an album at the time.

I have 0 insider info, we’ll see the album when and if it happens. I hope it’s sooner rather than later obviously. Im just not getting my hopes up because the band has “recorded” for an album several times and nothing came from it, not saying this is the case this time, but I’m keeping expectations and timetables low. I would love to hear another new song or two in the next couple weeks at least
Old 08-03-2021, 07:39 PM   #404
pepelapag
You're Fuckin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I don’t think there was any confirmation that 2004 were “Definitley” recorded, but they clearly were in some type of process because literally less than 9 months later they put out a brand new album with Batson with everything scrapped. So recorded or not, the intention was to make an album at the time.

I have 0 insider info, we’ll see the album when and if it happens. I hope it’s sooner rather than later obviously. Im just not getting my hopes up because the band has “recorded” for an album several times and nothing came from it, not saying this is the case this time, but I’m keeping expectations and timetables low. I would love to hear another new song or two in the next couple weeks at least
Yeah I’m getting that old familiar feeling of really liking new material the band is putting out, so I should prepare for it to get shelved in favor of a record filled with heavy metal goth hip hop songs
Old 08-03-2021, 08:39 PM   #405
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by #41 View Post
From the "Road to Big Whiskey" documentary:

[Only registered users can see links.]
Yesss.Yess. Yesssss.

Shit. They could have made this their 2.0-4.0 song of the decade. They don't need "slammin" horns as bunches to begin a song like in WATM.

Listen to those horns. The guitar part.....the way the rhythm starts to seep into your mind....

They just need to make interesting music! Screw trying to be a hip/slammin/funky/party band.

Damn it...
ggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:12 PM   #406
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
Yesss.Yess. Yesssss.

Shit. They could have made this their 2.0-4.0 song of the decade. They don't need "slammin" horns as bunches to begin a song like in WATM.

Listen to those horns. The guitar part.....the way the rhythm starts to seep into your mind....

They just need to make interesting music! Screw trying to be a hip/slammin/funky/party band.

Damn it...
Couldn't agree more.
Old 08-04-2021, 01:27 PM   #407
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggies View Post
Yesss.Yess. Yesssss.

Damn it...
Not many will argue against you, but unfortunately, that band (2004) doesn't exist anymore.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 01:28 PM   #408
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Not many will argue against you, but unfortunately, that band (2004) doesn't exist anymore.
I mean quite literally 50% of that band isnt in DMB anymore. (Roi, Butch, Boyd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 05:41 PM   #409
patsfan39

@mattnorlander
Quote:
(While we're on the topic, for curious DMB fans aware of that Beauford interview I did in August: the piece has been pushed into '22 on account of the Modern Drummer cover story aligning closer to the release of the band's next LP. TBD on the date, but we'll get there in time.)
Looks like we have confirmation that the new DMB album is still in the works, but is pushed to 2022.

Matt Norlander following up on his interview with Carter for Modern Beauford. Sounds like Carter will also be on the cover of Modern Drummer if i understand correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:02 PM   #410
soright05

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post

@mattnorlander

Looks like we have confirmation that the new DMB album is still in the works, but is pushed to 2022.

Matt Norlander following up on his interview with Carter for Modern Beauford. Sounds like Carter will also be on the cover of Modern Drummer if i understand correctly.
In no hurry for a new album honestly
soright05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:29 PM   #411
Aparker507

Henry mentioned early 22 to me at the Arkansas show. He was very excited about the drum sounds for this one
Aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:46 PM   #412
Tomacco

Makes total sense. Release the album in winter or early Spring before a Spring tour.
Explains why they stopped playing the new tunes.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:57 PM   #413
mattinmass
heady

Everyone is so excited, they pushed it out a few months!

Same old story…
mattinmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:09 PM   #414
Minarets
so damn interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinmass View Post
Everyone is so excited, they pushed it out a few months!

Same old story…

Don’t understand excitement for a push? It won’t be any better then rather that now (or sooner). I’m not patient. I always want new music. Even if I don’t like it (the new Coldplay album comes to mind ).
Old 10-21-2021, 09:39 PM   #415
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minarets View Post
Don’t understand excitement for a push? It won’t be any better then rather that now (or sooner). I’m not patient. I always want new music. Even if I don’t like it (the new Coldplay album comes to mind ).
Agreed it’s a bad sign to me. They had an entire year off and were recording al spring into summer and it’s still not done. You can only polish turds so much. All it does is build more anticipation to be let down by.

I get wanting to wait so you can tour off of it, but not even releasing 1-2 singles is shitty. No reason they couldn’t have done that
Old 10-21-2021, 10:28 PM   #416
Steveo Style

I imagine it was a management decision. It doesn’t seem like they had any trouble selling tickets with the return to concerts this year from the pandemic. Push the album to Spring and use it to push tickets for a spring/summer tour.
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:52 PM   #417
jsandr
sometimes your well is dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Agreed it’s a bad sign to me. They had an entire year off and were recording al spring into summer and it’s still not done. You can only polish turds so much. All it does is build more anticipation to be let down by.

I get wanting to wait so you can tour off of it, but not even releasing 1-2 singles is shitty. No reason they couldn’t have done that
i feel like they've just overstated how far along they are. i agree, they've had plenty of time.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:18 PM   #418
celluloid hero

The article was pushed, not the album. It didn’t have a date to push and Dave confirmed they were still recording while on tour. That’s never going to be a 2021 date at the end of the October, with them still touring.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:04 AM   #419
bassplayer22

I think it makes more sense to push it to '22.

let 2021 focus on getting back on the road, playing for the fans, etc and then let '22 be an album release/tour.

I think that is better for everyone.
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:25 AM   #420
soups
Rashawn has to go

I personally welcome an album that's finished when the band isn't on tour - let them get in the studio and finish it. Their energy from the road may be good for transferring into the studio

I hope?

Please?
soups is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc