These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2020, 07:57 PM   #141
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds24 View Post
Cincy (or surrounding airports Dayton, Columbus, Louisville, Indy). My issue is I need to head back on Monday and that's a peak travel day. Southwest and Frontier haven't released flights for Sept yet so I'm hoping once they do that the prices may come down slightly. I don't mind paying the $550 but I just hate overpaying for things.
Wait, you're complaining about $550 from Ohio to Seattle? That price ain't coming down measurably
__________________

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:59 PM   #142
Steveo Style
 
Steveo Style's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmblaststop View Post
Strange how some shows are listed at 7:30 and others 8:00.
Could have to do with weekday traffic or curfews
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:59 PM   #143
Steveo Style
 
Steveo Style's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Wait, you're complaining about $550 from Ohio to Seattle? That price ain't coming down measurably
Yeah $550 round trip isnít horrible
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 08:08 PM   #144
MUDaveFan
Kind of a big deal
 
MUDaveFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Wait, you're complaining about $550 from Ohio to Seattle? That price ain't coming down measurably
This.

My flight to Vegas every year from Columbus is almost $600 on Southwest.
__________________
-Scott

DMB for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
MUDaveFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:08 AM   #145
Josh.0
 
Josh.0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,900
I just saw $197 from Denver to Seattle or $247 from Denver to Spokane which seems great to me.

I know this has been explained a million times here, but I donít know where. I know thereís camping and some miscellaneous other types of lodging at the Gorge. Can anyone give me a rundown of what is/isnít worth it, how the camping is/how it works out there, anything else I may not be thinking of?
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
Just so you know, B.B.C. stands for Bitch Be Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
You know what else it stands for though, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBeam41 View Post
I cant wait for him to google that
30 minutes later

Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
You guys are sick.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:29 AM   #146
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
I just saw $197 from Denver to Seattle or $247 from Denver to Spokane which seems great to me.

I know this has been explained a million times here, but I donít know where. I know thereís camping and some miscellaneous other types of lodging at the Gorge. Can anyone give me a rundown of what is/isnít worth it, how the camping is/how it works out there, anything else I may not be thinking of?
Assuming they've finished their picketing in Cleveland, you should just check with the DMB Gorge Crew for those questions.
__________________

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:57 AM   #147
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,882
When we went in 18 to phish, we just bought a camping pass the day of at the venue. I think it cost a bit more, but you can just buy a regular pass on site. If you want upgraded camping thats a bit closer, you probably have to buy in advance. Its car camping so just drive up to your spot, and you have your setup for the weekend.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:42 PM   #148
dmb2much40
 
dmb2much40's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 5,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds24 View Post
Cincy (or surrounding airports Dayton, Columbus, Louisville, Indy). My issue is I need to head back on Monday and that's a peak travel day. Southwest and Frontier haven't released flights for Sept yet so I'm hoping once they do that the prices may come down slightly. I don't mind paying the $550 but I just hate overpaying for things.
I fly Cleveland to Seattle somewhat frequently. Usually frontier is the cheapest around $425. Donít buy your ticket yet. I usually purchase 8-10 weeks before my travel dates.
__________________
-Monica
dmb2much40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:51 PM   #149
TDunk
 
TDunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,774
this OK thing is crazy

and Woodlands/Dallas better get announced once ACL sells out or gets close.
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:07 PM   #150
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!
 
Rowsdower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,062
It's weird not having Hartford as part of the tour. They've made a stop there each tour since '95.
__________________
-Jeff
Rowsdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:33 PM   #151
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 31,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDunk View Post
and Woodlands/Dallas better get announced once ACL sells out or gets close.
I can't see a Dallas/Woodlands stop being announced after ACL; imagine all the people in TX planning to hit other shows and then DMB management is like "oh, by the way....."
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:37 PM   #152
TDunk
 
TDunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
I can't see a Dallas/Woodlands stop being announced after ACL; imagine all the people in TX planning to hit other shows and then DMB management is like "oh, by the way....."
yeah i agree its unlikely, though it kinda seems up their alley.
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:57 PM   #153
Steveo Style
 
Steveo Style's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,370
I put in for tickets at Mohegan Sun. Obviously the rooms at the casino are expensive ($360/night now). For those who have been there, worth it to stay at the casino or is there something decent close by?
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:54 PM   #154
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDunk View Post
this OK thing is crazy

and Woodlands/Dallas better get announced once ACL sells out or gets close.
Why would acl have anything to do with it?
__________________

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 12:24 PM   #155
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo Style View Post
I put in for tickets at Mohegan Sun. Obviously the rooms at the casino are expensive ($360/night now). For those who have been there, worth it to stay at the casino or is there something decent close by?
There are plenty of hotels in the area that offer shuttles to and from the casino for free. You definitely donít have to stay on site. Iíve done this just to save a bit of money in the past
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:07 AM   #156
shadowraven
 
shadowraven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chicago, il
Posts: 20,453
people saying openers, people saying no openers. which is it? I don't see any openers listed on the site.

No Alpine. I don't get it.

I guess it's nice that they'll be in town, but Northerly Island sucks for sound.
__________________
my tapes: The Archive

Shows seen - http://www.DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1485

I saw the last Angel.
shadowraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:45 AM   #157
DIDO36
Mississippi State style!
 
DIDO36's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowraven View Post
people saying openers, people saying no openers. which is it? I don't see any openers listed on the site.

No Alpine. I don't get it.

I guess it's nice that they'll be in town, but Northerly Island sucks for sound.
Where are you hearing people saying they are going to have openers?

Dmb hasn’t had openers (other then the gorge) since 2013, why would they start having them again now? It’s just another expense they don’t need. I would be ok with seeing openers again, however stuff like Edward Sharp doesn’t really excite me. North MS Allstars on the other hand, was really cool back in 2013. The Flecktones at the Gorge will be about as solid as it gets. That should be some old school vibes for sure. I wish the Flecktones would be opening more shows, but those days are long past.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:12 AM   #158
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowraven View Post
people saying openers, people saying no openers. which is it? I don't see any openers listed on the site.

No Alpine. I don't get it.

I guess it's nice that they'll be in town, but Northerly Island sucks for sound.
They are getting paid heavily to play Summerfest, so that eliminated the need for 2 Alpine shows, pus they can sell out a couple shows in Chicago just down the road. I think there was mention that they will go to a every other year schedule with Chicago and Alpine.
__________________
Originally Posted by Jayes
If he just lays down two full elbow chords loudly over the entirety of That Girl Is You, he wins the band.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:14 AM   #159
nolan8or
@GreyStreetPod
 
nolan8or's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,265
Finally making the trek to the Gorge this year. Was going to last year but we got pregnant and had to postpone lol. Figured this was the year to do it with the Flecktones being out there!
nolan8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:13 PM   #160
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 51,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan8or View Post
Finally making the trek to the Gorge this year. Was going to last year but we got pregnant and had to postpone lol. Figured this was the year to do it with the Flecktones being out there!
You'll have an awesome time
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.25094 seconds with 16 queries