These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2019, 12:58 PM   #41
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
I was going to suggest this:

[Only registered users can see links.]


Do it as a companion release to Live Trax 1.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:36 PM   #42
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
These releases strike me as:

“Well, we just got the drafts back for the special holiday LT50 Live Trax release. They look great! Shirts, posters, bandanas, koozies. Really going to make our year. Make everyone forget about this whole Boyd thing. Coran is very excited.”

“Live Trax? Right, I had forgotten about that. 50? Aren’t we on like 47 or something?”

“Oh fuck...”
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 03:38 PM   #43
dmb2much40
 
dmb2much40's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 5,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by K270 View Post
I was going to suggest this:

[Only registered users can see links.]


Do it as a companion release to Live Trax 1.
I feel like this is so obvious and would be a great choice, but I have no confidence they will do it. I’m really fearful of a 2019 show as per the usual holiday release coming from the current tour.
__________________
-Monica
dmb2much40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:11 PM   #44
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 23,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
I feel like this is so obvious and would be a great choice, but I have no confidence they will do it. I’m really fearful of a 2019 show as per the usual holiday release coming from the current tour.
They don’t always do that. 2013 had the 2010 Cville show. 2016 had the 2002 MSG show. I forget what 2017 had but it wasn’t a D&T show from that year.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:17 PM   #45
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 10,444
Guys, I know nothing.

But what I do know is that they absolutely will not release another Flecktones show right after 6/8/97. It's just not. I know that it will be disappointing, but be disappointed now instead... Sure maybe it will be a 98, could even be a fall tour. Something worthy of an LT50 might not be what we consider the best show. It will probably be a big show, like maybe Va Tech 07. Or a Giants, or some other. But even though 50 could bookend 12/8/98 and it makes sense in our mind, it doesn't make more sense than knowing that it won't.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:16 PM   #46
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Guys, I know nothing.

But what I do know is that they absolutely will not release another Flecktones show right after 6/8/97. It's just not. I know that it will be disappointing, but be disappointed now instead... Sure maybe it will be a 98, could even be a fall tour. Something worthy of an LT50 might not be what we consider the best show. It will probably be a big show, like maybe Va Tech 07. Or a Giants, or some other. But even though 50 could bookend 12/8/98 and it makes sense in our mind, it doesn't make more sense than knowing that it won't.
Va Tech isn’t a big show to me for a #50. I could def see a Giants Stadium show though. Long overdue and really makes a lot of sense. Maybe even a Giants Stadium boxset deal would really blow is out of the water. Like both 99 shows or all 3 00 shows or maybe a best of between all of them.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:17 PM   #47
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,163
Would be great if they pulled a phish and included a bonus disc of some sound heck jams/songs too.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:30 AM   #48
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinoyed
Posts: 18,804
Looks like a decent D&T show? I'll buy it, mostly because I'm starved for new releases. No tape either so that helps.

Would have greatly preferred something from 2017 or that great 2018 set that was posted earlier. Damn, I really want to hear that Mexico 2018 set.
__________________
Currently listening to:
2/16/96, Pepin Gymnasium, Middlebury, VT
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:31 AM   #49
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
Yeah that Mexico show would've been a home run. This is a foul pop-out to the first baseman.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:34 AM   #50
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinoyed
Posts: 18,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Yeah that Mexico show would've been a home run. This is a foul pop-out to the first baseman.
That Mexico set is one of the most random and great setlists I've seen. And the previous nights with Carlos Malta and Bela Fleck are no slouches either.
__________________
Currently listening to:
2/16/96, Pepin Gymnasium, Middlebury, VT
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:31 AM   #51
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 10,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Va Tech isn’t a big show to me for a #50. I could def see a Giants Stadium show though. Long overdue and really makes a lot of sense. Maybe even a Giants Stadium boxset deal would really blow is out of the water. Like both 99 shows or all 3 00 shows or maybe a best of between all of them.
It is a very meaningful show to them though, that much I know. I'm not saying it's the best setlist in the world, neither was Central Park.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:48 AM   #52
JustinC
 
JustinC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
These releases strike me as:

“Well, we just got the drafts back for the special holiday LT50 Live Trax release. They look great! Shirts, posters, bandanas, koozies. Really going to make our year. Make everyone forget about this whole Boyd thing. Coran is very excited.”

“Live Trax? Right, I had forgotten about that. 50? Aren’t we on like 47 or something?”

“Oh fuck...”

I would absolutely buy this if it wasn't for how they released 2 D&T shows together as LT 23 &24
So seems like this is their m.o., to do a bundle D&T release before they hit a "+25 marker". Let's just hope LT 50 is a much better choice than LT 25 was.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:52 AM   #53
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 23,955
Yeah there was nothing really special about LT25. A solid tour opener but certainly no classic.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:48 AM   #54
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 10,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Yeah there was nothing really special about LT25. A solid tour opener but certainly no classic.
25 ain't 50, though. I would hope they would think that too.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:31 PM   #55
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me
 
Thrawn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 4,398
Could not be less interested in these D+T shows. Might be the only two I don't end up buying.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:33 PM   #56
dmb2much40
 
dmb2much40's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 5,629
Maybe the charlottesville 2016 show for LT50? That was billed as the 25th anniversary show.
__________________
-Monica
dmb2much40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:52 PM   #57
Fan#41
 
Homers Beer Run Champion!
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mansfield, MA
Posts: 31,958
It should be DMB Live 50. Like DMB Live 25. I know most would rather have a full complete show, but I love a compilation.
__________________
Variety of emotion is good...it just makes the music different colors. - LeRoi Moore
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:59 PM   #58
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 15,881
DMB Live 25 was such a quality compilation. Can’t believe they pulled that off
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:04 PM   #59
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
It is a very meaningful show to them though, that much I know. I'm not saying it's the best setlist in the world, neither was Central Park.
It's an atrocious setlist, miles below CP. Other than 41 w/ Mayer and Three Little Birds there is absolutely nothing on that show I'm interested in listening to. Especially '07 versions. I'd rather see those tracks on a compilation or a WH disc or something than the whole show. That'd be a waste to me. I understand its' significance, but judging it solely from a musical perspective, really underwhelming.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:06 PM   #60
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 11,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
It should be DMB Live 50. Like DMB Live 25. I know most would rather have a full complete show, but I love a compilation.
Yup, agree with this 100%. I worry about them picking solid tracks, but they did an amazing job with 25, so maybe it'll be really awesome again. To me something like that at this point is so much more worth it.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.07091 seconds with 27 queries