These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #81
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
Yeah I mean if you're still getting all of these I think you're doing it wrong. The releases are diverse so there's something for everyone. Just get the ones that are for you and enjoy them.

For me? The acoustic DMB Live, Deer Creek, and Muse releases are the most recent ones that I could go back to again and again, everything else I don't need to bother with. This new DMB Live from Fall '94 might join that list too, we'll see.
Yep I agree, I suppose I should backtrack a bit and say that its better to have many to choose from than forced to either buy or not buy one show they release a year.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:28 PM   #82
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
Yeah I mean if you're still getting all of these I think you're doing it wrong. The releases are diverse so there's something for everyone. Just get the ones that are for you and enjoy them.

Definitely. If you're buying the best shows and leaving the ones that you aren't going to enjoy, you'll get a lot more satisfaction from the live releases.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:34 PM   #83
cryfreedom09

I enjoy all eras of DMB
cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #84
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryfreedom09 View Post
I enjoy all eras of DMB

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:42 PM   #85
Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
It's the first thing I thought of when I read his post, and BAM, you were right on top of it
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:44 PM   #86
mrpeters
Lock it away inside myself...

Glad to have another more recent show. Setlist looks good, I look forward to this one. The new DMBLive, on the other hand, is cool, but doesn't excite me too much. I just wasn't around for that era and the sound isn't what I know.
mrpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:07 PM   #87
batleon

EDIT: Double post
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:09 PM   #88
batleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeters View Post
Glad to have another more recent show. Setlist looks good, I look forward to this one. The new DMBLive, on the other hand, is cool, but doesn't excite me too much. I just wasn't around for that era and the sound isn't what I know.
See, something for everyone. We should all walk away happy.

Instead, everyone is pissed that they aren't ONLY releasing the shows they want
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #89
Mersh

I have to back read. I thought there was an everyone is happy because everyone got something tone to this thread.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:56 PM   #90
cryfreedom09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Love it

Although enjoying all eras is not same as enjoying the catalog in its entirety.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #91
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I have to back read. I thought there was an everyone is happy because everyone got something tone to this thread.
Yeah, I don't see anyone pissed anywhere.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #92
JWood

RE: Too many releases

They have been releasing approximately four Live Trax volumes a year, which has come out to around one per quarter. Honestly, I think this is the perfect amount (and I wouldn't say no to a couple more per year). Some of these releases have been great choices and some have been mediocre, but for the most part they've consistently changed it up offering material from different years.

To put it in perspective, looking at my other two favorite bands (Zeppelin and Crowes) that touch are on both ends of the spectrum, with DMB falling somewhere in between:

Led Zeppelin has two true live release shows from their era (not counting the BBC Sessions or the reunion Celebration Day releases), which is far too few for a band that spent a lot of time on the road from '68 - '77. While they didn't vary the setlists much within a tour, they did change it up tour-to-tour and year-to-year.

The Black Crowes jumped on the Instant Live train in '05 and went down the LiveDownloads route in '08 - '13 (and then began releasing archival releases thru the website going back to '96). With over 450 live releases via both formats, they have pretty much given their fanbase anything they could've asked for during those years.

I tend to fall in the camp where I'd rather have an abundance of releases and if I'm not into a particular release, I won't buy it... it's as simple as that. But let's not discourage the band for opening up the vault. (Especially with the overwhelming distaste for the current '14 - '15 DMB sets, I would think those people would welcome archival releases with open arms.)
JWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 03:51 PM   #93
Bluewater34
Is Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood View Post

I tend to fall in the camp where I'd rather have an abundance of releases and if I'm not into a particular release, I won't buy it... it's as simple as that. But let's not discourage the band for opening up the vault. (Especially with the overwhelming distaste for the current '14 - '15 DMB sets, I would think those people would welcome archival releases with open arms.)
Agree completely. I'm not going to buy everything, but I definitely don't want to cut back on the number of releases just because I have slightly less anticipation for each release at this point.

And dear god, why isn't there more live Zeppelin out there? I refuse to believe that they've given us even close to everything that they have, even though Page is trying to frame it that way.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:42 PM   #94
cryfreedom09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWood View Post

They have been releasing approximately four Live Trax volumes a year, which has come out to around one per quarter. Honestly, I think this is the perfect amount (and I wouldn't say no to a couple more per year). Some of these releases have been great choices and some have been mediocre, but for the most part they've consistently changed it up offering material from different years.

To put it in perspective, looking at my other two favorite bands (Zeppelin and Crowes) that touch are on both ends of the spectrum, with DMB falling somewhere in between:

Led Zeppelin has two true live release shows from their era (not counting the BBC Sessions or the reunion Celebration Day releases), which is far too few for a band that spent a lot of time on the road from '68 - '77. While they didn't vary the setlists much within a tour, they did change it up tour-to-tour and year-to-year.

The Black Crowes jumped on the Instant Live train in '05 and went down the LiveDownloads route in '08 - '13 (and then began releasing archival releases thru the website going back to '96). With over 450 live releases via both formats, they have pretty much given their fanbase anything they could've asked for during those years.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:56 PM   #95
cryfreedom09

[Only registered users can see links.]

Preview of FTWIW up
Old 09-20-2015, 10:15 AM   #96
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

Not the best mix... kind of crowded sounding? Boyd is in tune though.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:39 AM   #97
SeekUpAB

Dave sounds terrible and he's way up in the mix. Not good.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #98
mrpeters
Lock it away inside myself...

is this one coming out in FLAC24? I'll take as many of those as they want to give us!!!
mrpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:31 PM   #99
Hopper

Anyone got their copy yet?
Old 10-16-2015, 06:57 PM   #100
SonofSuns34
There are no strings on me...

downloading now
SonofSuns34 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc